What's Your Favourite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeh back then even every corner store had an array of loose lollies in bottles, and you could mix it up. Started at 1c each. These days you get the odd place that will have them but nothing like when i was growing up. Nothing was bad for you in the 70s. Even cigarettes were good for you then ;)
So good for you they once made cigarette lollies.... And called them ****. My oh my how the times have changed haha. They still have them I think only they are fads now and don't have the red end that was meant to resemble a lit tip.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So good for you they once made cigarette lollies.... And called them ****. My oh my how the times have changed haha. They still have them I think only they are fads now and don't have the red end that was meant to resemble a lit tip.
Ah yeh i remember those. How wrong would they be now lol.

They were actually a crap lolly. Musk i think. But they looked like cigarettes so were cool.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ah yeh i remember those. How wrong would they be now lol.

They were actually a crap lolly. Musk i think. But they looked like cigarettes so were cool.
Well yeah I personally like musk so I always liked the taste of them anyway, but it's undeniable the marketing ploy worked.... Kids thought they were cool.... But yeah common sense made them out a stop to it after a while.... Or at least not make the cigarette association so blatant. Last time I saw them they were still packaged in little mini cigarette type boxes, so the inference was still there.... This was after they made those changes. But it was years ago so who knows if they even exist these days.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well yeah I personally like musk so I always liked the taste of them anyway, but it's undeniable the marketing ploy worked.... Kids thought they were cool.... But yeah common sense made them out a stop to it after a while.... Or at least not make the cigarette association so blatant. Last time I saw them they were still packaged in little mini cigarette type boxes, so the inference was still there.... This was after they made those changes. But it was years ago so who knows if they even exist these days.
They changed the name from ****, to fads and took away the red bit so they didn't look like ciggies, then they took them away all together

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember the chocolate ciggarettes that were in a soft pack and a stick of chocolate wrapped in a ciggie paper

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh back then even every corner store had an array of loose lollies in bottles, and you could mix it up. Started at 1c each. These days you get the odd place that will have them but nothing like when i was growing up. Nothing was bad for you in the 70s. Even cigarettes were good for you then ;)
I so remember that. Inch liquorice; tiny hard one inch squares of liquorice 10 for 1c and those musk ones too. Lol, I remember someone saying to me you eat too many of the musk ones and you get cancer.

Ah '****' can't call them that now, too politically incorrect, pardon me they are now called 'fads'..
Mum used to send me to the corner store to buy sweets for our birthday parties; 50c used to buy enough sugar highs and cavities for party bags for twenty kids. Remember you could also get a brown paper bag of broken biscuits ( Arnotts) for 5c?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember the chocolate ciggarettes that were in a soft pack and a stick of chocolate wrapped in a ciggie paper
Yeah I remember them also,
My mum would never let me get them haha,
I remember getting a pack once, hiding them in my pocket,
The chocolate melted and I couldn't unwrap the paper and eat them, was just a sloppy mess,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I so remember that. Inch liquorice; tiny hard one inch squares of liquorice 10 for 1c and those musk ones too. Lol, I remember someone saying to me you eat too many of the musk ones and you get cancer.

Ah '****' can't call them that now, too politically incorrect, pardon me they are now called 'fads'..
Mum used to send me to the corner store to buy sweets for our birthday parties; 50c used to buy enough sugar highs and cavities for party bags for twenty kids. Remember you could also get a brown paper bag of broken biscuits ( Arnotts) for 5c?
You are giving away your age now lol,

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are giving away your age now lol,
That's okay Skippy. I am not too proud to admit I am over 50.I like to thing I am well matured, seasoned if you will: not old.

I still possess a mean swing mind you , so if you are not careful, I may just have to discipline you. Smack to the bottom for the naughty one!Lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's okay Skippy. I am not too proud to admit I am over 50.I like to thing I am well matured, seasoned if you will: not old.

I still possess a mean swing mind you , so if you are not careful, I may just have to discipline you. Smack to the bottom for the naughty one!Lol.
Lol,
Smack away lol.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to get those as a kid then pretend to smoke them, but half the time they just melted in my hand.
Also i remember sniffing wizz fizz like it was coke, all it did was make me sneeze but made mum boogers taste sweeter!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just like a fine wine...matured over time hey!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I found a bag of Easter eggs in the cupboard so I decided to open up a bunny ,although im not a big chocolate lover, I do like easter bunnies but surprisingly I could only manage to eat an ear ..

Anyhow I left the rest in the fridge for another time but it didn't even get to see the light of day !! . forgot about my husband ( now I remember why they were hidden !)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Gee's I can go for a Snickers, Picnic, Marvelous (popping one) or anything jaffa right about now...

Heck even peanut brittle will do!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How the he'l is crunchie on this list and not violet crumle? There's no comparison

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How the he'l is crunchie on this list and not violet crumle? There's no comparison
Crunchie has sweeter chocolate and the honeycomb is lot more friendlier/less messy to eat. Violet Crumble... well... crumbles too messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.