What's Your Favourite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Salami, pepperoni and ham. It's f@cking yum ! Add meatballs and old English cheese and you've got a flavor sensation !
I guess the BMT would be off limits to quite a few members here due to the pork related content.... But yeah, super tasty for those of us who are allowed to indulge. Haven't tried one with meatballs. Sounds like a brilliant idea actually.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are you vegetarian? Or just love your veggies?

I'm a sucker for the BMT on herb and cheese with marinara myself.... But most of the subs I've tried have been pretty good
No mate, like any healthy woman I still like my 'meat' but try ( not that I succeed 100% of the time) to eat relatively healthy. Besides growing up we used to have meat and three vege heaps during the week (you know lamb chops, snags,rissoles,steak, etc.) a bit of overkill. Pork and chicken were a real treat,but people seem to eat them all the time ; now you can't afford lamb often, go figure.

I do sometimes make a meat lovers with a mixed selection of any of the following; chicken, ham, pepperoni, chorizo, salami,lamb. steak...whatever I have available. Make a pizza base with oregano and garlic in the dough, add a basil pesto as a sauce ( or tomato or bbq sauce) fetta cheese and a sprinkle of mozzarella or cheddar. Gosh I am making myself a little bit hungry here.
Funnily enough we are going out to dinner tonight for Chinese for my daughter's birthday, mmm, Chinese pizza?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No mate, like any healthy woman I still like my 'meat' but try ( not that I succeed 100% of the time) to eat relatively healthy. Besides growing up we used to have meat and three vege heaps during the week (you know lamb chops, snags,rissoles,steak, etc.) a bit of overkill. Pork and chicken were a real treat,but people seem to eat them all the time ; now you can't afford lamb often, go figure.

I do sometimes make a meat lovers with a mixed selection of any of the following; chicken, ham, pepperoni, chorizo, salami,lamb. steak...whatever I have available. Make a pizza base with oregano and garlic in the dough, add a basil pesto as a sauce ( or tomato or bbq sauce) fetta cheese and a sprinkle of mozzarella or cheddar. Gosh I am making myself a little bit hungry here.
Funnily enough we are going out to dinner tonight for Chinese for my daughter's birthday, mmm, Chinese pizza?
Chinese pizza? Say it ain't soy! Haha

You do sound like you really know how to put together a tasty pizza yourself though.

I can't go past the black pepper beef when I have Chinese. I like other chinese dishes too, but black pepper beef is one of my favourite things to eat in this world.

Happy birthday to your girl. I hope you all have a lovely, tastebud satisfying night! :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chinese pizza? Say it ain't soy! Haha

You do sound like you really know how to put together a tasty pizza yourself though.

I can't go past the black pepper beef when I have Chinese. I like other chinese dishes too, but black pepper beef is one of my favourite things to eat in this world.

Happy birthday to your girl. I hope you all have a lovely, tastebud satisfying night! :grinning:
Lol. Thank you so much for your well wishes. Chicken and vegetables in oyster sauce is my favourite and I am 'soytain' we will enjoy ourselves.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only on The Kennel does a thread start on the topic of chocolate and end up discussing pizza toppings.

Back to chocolate you can go past le wagon wheel.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only on The Kennel does a thread start on the topic of chocolate and end up discussing pizza toppings.

Blue&White, are you the Kenneller with the shop? If so, do you sell chocolate bars?

What do the stats say in the shop? What's most popular there?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue&White, are you the Kenneller with the shop? If so, do you sell chocolate bars?

What do the stats say in the shop? What's most popular there?
Used to own a chicken and burger that was my wife's business. Sold out over 18 months ago.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol. Thank you so much for your well wishes. Chicken and vegetables in oyster sauce is my favourite and I am 'soytain' we will enjoy ourselves.
Hahaha

I think I'm out of soy puns.... What to soy, what to soy?

Oyster sauce is great stuff too.

And you're very welcome!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Haha yeah it was me who went a bit off topic. I'll put my hand up.

Wagon Wheels are really an acquired taste. But those who like them seem to really love them.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Snickers or mars bars these days but when i was at school (decades ago) there was a bar called a Texan bar. It was chocolate with chewy caramel inside and was the most awesome bar ever, but they stopped making it. Theres nothing on the market currently thats just like it. Sigh.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha yeah it was me who went a bit off topic. I'll put my hand up.

Wagon Wheels are really an acquired taste. But those who like them seem to really love them.
Yeah, sorry! Wagon wheels are okay too, but gee they have shrunk in size and they don't taste the same.have not had one of them for years.

Back to my whip bars...you have to eat them the right way, gently nip around the thick chocolate coating and then suck on the nougat to separate it from the caramel, keep the caramel to last. You only work on about 1/2 inch at a time, complete that section and then start again.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh. Ahh it was nougat/toffee, not caramel, but i remember they were awesome, and very chewy.
I know we should always try to be health conscious but the younger brigade of today do not know what they are missing with the yummy selection of sweets we had when we were growing up. Can't go for these sour this and sour that and all the weird chocolate flavours that they have today.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry! Wagon wheels are okay too, but gee they have shrunk in size and they don't taste the same.have not had one of them for years.

Back to my whip bars...you have to eat them the right way, gently nip around the thick chocolate coating and then suck on the nougat to separate it from the caramel, keep the caramel to last. You only work on about 1/2 inch at a time, complete that section and then start again.
I'd ask how your Chinese pizza was but we just got back on topic.

You sound like you have your whip eating systems all worked out. Eating technique can make or break some chocolate bars.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh back then even every corner store had an array of loose lollies in bottles, and you could mix it up. Started at 1c each. These days you get the odd place that will have them but nothing like when i was growing up. Nothing was bad for you in the 70s. Even cigarettes were good for you then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.