Favourite Burger Joint

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Best burgers are the traditional burgers the old greek guys used to make in the traditional milk bar/fish n chips joints.

Toasted Sesame seed bun with butter.
A thin patty cooked in front of you.
Fried onion, tomatoe, lettuce, bbq sauce.

Best.

Beetroot and egg optional.

Very hard to find.

They call them smash burgers now. Having a bit of a revival.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Leagues club bistro. There's a beef burger there that I really like.

The last time i was at the leagues club and got a burger the only thing that impressed me was the bulldog logo burnt onto the bun.

asoon as they start using frozen meat patties its downhill

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Few new places have popped up which are good too, lots of decent options around just need prices to settle lol

Me and my mate do our own smashed burgers now whenever we have a bbq or get together with our friend circle, we found a good mix of beef that's close to the fancy burger places and tastes good once you smash it on a really hot grill to get that crispiness going, a good smoked cheddar, cheap but good brioche buns and our own sauce mix some pics:

You should check our ribs and things in bankstown I think. Went there once and they did some pretty epic food
You mean wings and things? Been eating there for ages, really like their bbq flavour for the chicken burgers and ribs. The camel burger is nice there too as my mates get it abit too.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Best burgers are the traditional burgers the old greek guys used to make in the traditional milk bar/fish n chips joints.

Toasted Sesame seed bun with butter.
A thin patty cooked in front of you.
Fried onion, tomatoe, lettuce, bbq sauce.

Best.

Beetroot and egg optional.

Very hard to find.
Padstow and Georges hall have good burgers.
Both shops are run by Greeks!

The only thing that sickens me about Greek guys is you can see the dollar signs in their pupils as more customers walk in!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haahaahaaa.
Padstow and Georges hall have good burgers.
Both shops are run by Greeks!

The only thing that sickens me about Greek guys is you can see the dollar signs in their pupils as more customers walk in!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brioche - Ugh....

When did these stale, sugary abominations become a thing? What happened to a normal bun?

I decided to stand up to it last Friday at lunch. I liked the look of the burger on the menu, but it came with the dreaded brioche. I asked the waitress if there was an alternative. She offered Turkish bread - and it actually tasted pretty good. The bread soaked up the juices just the right amount.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst. Its like eating a cake.
Brioche - Ugh....

When did these stale, sugary abominations become a thing? What happened to a normal bun?

I decided to stand up to it last Friday at lunch. I liked the look of the burger on the menu, but it came with the dreaded brioche. I asked the waitress if there was an alternative. She offered Turkish bread - and it actually tasted pretty good. The bread soaked up the juices just the right amount.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A good brioche bun that is not too sweet but nice and soft isn't that bad

There are milk and potato buns too, a normal sesame seed bun isn't but looks bland at times haha

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Milk buns are where it's at.

Brioche is only good for pulled pork with a zesty slaw to break up the buttery flavours of the bun.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Haahaahaaa.
Are you Greek?

Only a Greek guy would laugh at what I said.

Its true though, a Greeks worst enemy is a Jew imo.

Then you have the Greek Jews like Hank Azaria, FMD lets just not go there!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Married to one lol. I know the mentality. Nice people though. Very welcoming and hospitable but justca tad tight lol.
Are you Greek?

Only a Greek guy would laugh at what I said.

Its true though, a Greeks worst enemy is a Jew imo.

Then you have the Greek Jews like Hank Azaria, FMD lets just not go there!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Married to one lol. I know the mentality. Nice people though. Very welcoming and hospitable but justca tad tight lol.
You lucky bastard. Forget the money just so long as they feed you then all is good!