Favourite Burger Joint

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You should check our ribs and things in bankstown I think. Went there once and they did some pretty epic food
Where in Bankstown?

Do you mean wings and things? opposite Jax? on Canterbury road?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After all said and done, you still can’t beat Mcds .. I realise the burgers are pretty plain etc. but it’s reliable, you know what you want before you get there, you know the taste !! And above all it’s open 24/7 for your convenience.. Can’t be beat lol.

A

Alexander the Great

Bingo wings and things. Yeah on Canterbury road. Best wings I've had. They take a while to get the good out but worth the wait. Burgers are also pretty good.

Have you been ?
Where in Bankstown?

Do you mean wings and things? opposite Jax? on Canterbury road?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bingo wings and things. Yeah on Canterbury road. Best wings I've had. They take a while to get the good out but worth the wait. Burgers are also pretty good.

Have you been ?
Haven't been. Jax is my go to place for tyres etc and I always see that joint across the road. Will try next time. Thanks for the recommendation!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Commodoore Hotel, North Sydney

1.jpg
2.jpg

Rose of Australia, Erskineville

3.jpeg
4.jpg

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that looks fucking tasty !!!
The menu for Rose of Australia at one stage was worked on by contestants from Master Chef.. The burgers there are amazing... I have actually had that big one pictured when I was on the turps one night lol

The Commodoore Hotel does a really nice sauce that is like Big Mac sauce.. so damn good.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best burgers are the traditional burgers the old greek guys used to make in the traditional milk bar/fish n chips joints.

Toasted Sesame seed bun with butter.
A thin patty cooked in front of you.
Fried onion, tomatoe, lettuce, bbq sauce.

Best.

Beetroot and egg optional.

Very hard to find.

A

Alexander the Great

Best burgers are the traditional burgers the old greek guys used to make in the traditional milk bar/fish n chips joints.

Toasted Sesame seed bun with butter.
A thin patty cooked in front of you.
Fried onion, tomatoe, lettuce, bbq sauce.

Best.

Beetroot and egg optional.

Very hard to find.
Paul's burgers at Slyvania would come close to what you have described. Huge following but i was not that impressed with the wait and the final product.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Leagues club bistro. There's a beef burger there that I really like.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Have you been ?
That's right my friend. They use coal to cook the food properly instead of frying it. Their slogan is "We don't make fast food. We make healthy food as fast as we can" - the coal cooking means it takes a little longer but it's well worth the wait. Best wings in town.

Wahesh

Reaction score
is that American cheese? burger looks so nice
I'm not sure of the cheese, but the meat itself is beef. There are a few different versions you can get of the beef burger at the club. A close second is the Korean chicken burger. That was awesome.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a place in Martin Place Sydney called burger bro... kiwi brand.. had a home made burger taste... that was my pick..after that Mary’s burgers

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marys newtown (the other newer ones seem to be below the quality of the original shop) has been my favourite for like 5 years now. Special mention to Bar Luca in CBD (once again the parra shop wasn't quite as good as the original shop) and Burger Head in Penrith who come in as 2nd and 3rd for me

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a place in Martin Place Sydney called burger bro... kiwi brand.. had a home made burger taste... that was my pick..after that Mary’s burgers
Isn't Mary's Burger a sacred place, somehow untouched :laughing:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't Mary's Burger a sacred place, somehow untouched :laughing:
Hahahaha... touched by many.. I remember smashing a Mary’s triple... the things you do when you are hungry..

A

Alexander the Great

That's right my friend. They use coal to cook the food properly instead of frying it. Their slogan is "We don't make fast food. We make healthy food as fast as we can" - the coal cooking means it takes a little longer but it's well worth the wait. Best wings in town.
Reminds me of Sunday bbq at my grandparents house back in the day. Good gear
Marys newtown (the other newer ones seem to be below the quality of the original shop) has been my favourite for like 5 years now. Special mention to Bar Luca in CBD (once again the parra shop wasn't quite as good as the original shop) and Burger Head in Penrith who come in as 2nd and 3rd for me

Blame canada with Hash brown hack is deadly followed close by Flame Chicanda. If i was on death row id have 5 of them each before they hang me.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big fan of Mr Gees, and Happy Ending Burgers.

I am bias though - they are, or at least were, my local.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a pulled beef burger at the Lebanese café in Windsor today it was pretty good, good coffees too !