Opinion Favourite/Best Bulldogs quote together with moment.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One I will never forget and always left saying it to myself lol when Hazem kicked the goal from touch leaving all of Newcastle lost for words. “Hazem EL MAGICCC wins the game for CANTERBURY”

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Willie Mason scored one game and Rabs said something a long the lines of "Everyone needs/loves a Big Willie in their team"
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Yes I remember that .!! Hard case alright .!!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
THE TRY OF THE SEASON LOOOOMMIINNNGGGG !!!!

Barba combines with J Moz in 2012 for one of the best bulldogs tries you’ll ever see in your life!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Field goals in the final minutes to win a match are one of the most celebrated feats of the game.

But when they are kicked when your team needs two points to win? Enter Terry Lamb and the curious incident of the Dogs and the Knights at Belmore Oval in 1992.

Down 12-10 with three minutes to go against Newcastle, Lamb successfully potted a shot from 42 metres out.

“My teammates blew up cause I told them I’d won FootyTab … I got $12,000," Lamb said about the goal later.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Terry Lamb marshalling his troops to "Follow me!" When behind in a semi final. I remember the quote and the euphoria but struggling to remember the team and year. My initial memory was V Canberra in 94......???Screenshot_20210728-201329_Google.jpg

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Field goals in the final minutes to win a match are one of the most celebrated feats of the game.

But when they are kicked when your team needs two points to win? Enter Terry Lamb and the curious incident of the Dogs and the Knights at Belmore Oval in 1992.

Down 12-10 with three minutes to go against Newcastle, Lamb successfully potted a shot from 42 metres out.

“My teammates blew up cause I told them I’d won FootyTab … I got $12,000," Lamb said about the goal later.
In a similar vein, hilarious piece of incompetent finishing. It was 84, packed Belmore Oval on a Sunday afternoon v Dragons. In a tight, low scoring game, we make a clean break around halfway and the ball ends up with our winger Max Mannix (remember him?) He strolls over with no defender within 10m of him. He goes for the big swan dive as he puts the ball down…and the bloody thing squirts out!! No need for video ref (there wasn’t one!!), it was no try. Right in front of the hill, who gave him heaps for the rest of the game.

Poor bastard never lived down this infamous moment, Wok dropped him soon after. I think we still won the game though…

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE TRY OF THE SEASON LOOOOMMIINNNGGGG !!!!

Barba combines with J Moz in 2012 for one of the best bulldogs tries you’ll ever see in your life!
As a Central Qld Dogs fan, I haven’t seen them live too often. But that game was in Mackay….the whole match was virtually played at one end of the field. But when it mattered, that try was scored about 20 metres away from me! Remember it forever. It was also Josh Jackson’s debut game off the bench….great memory!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
As a Central Qld Dogs fan, I haven’t seen them live too often. But that game was in Mackay….the whole match was virtually played at one end of the field. But when it mattered, that try was scored about 20 metres away from me! Remember it forever. It was also Josh Jackson’s debut game off the bench….great memory!
It would’ve been awesome being there. I remember not being confident of winning but that all changed when Barba scored the first try in front of his family. What a game!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gibbs was talking himself up all week about taking on the Canterbury pack. Well Omeley was always looking for opposition players to target and didnt necessarily need an excuse.
Fuck he was a beast!
That was awesome, he was our hit man and didn’t take shit from anyone

HenryJ23

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. "Has there been a more important kick for Daryl Halligan ?.... Has there been a more important kick for Canterbury? ...He hits it If I hook's it's, it's staying on the line, He's got it ohhhhhh the man is a messiah"
(Rabs 98 semi)

2. "And the the Trophy of Supremacy goes to the blue and white of Canterbury"
(Also Rabs 04 GF)

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus Gould was commentating a game where the Bulldogs were playing (2012) and before the game they put the camera on Ben Barba. Gus says “if Benny Barba put his hand down a toilet, he would pull out a gold watch. That’s how well he’s going”

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus Gould was commentating a game where the Bulldogs were playing (2004) and before the game they put the camera on Ben Barba. Gus says “if Benny Barba put his hand down a toilet, he would pull out a gold watch. That’s how well he’s going”
that was 2012 and I am pretty sure it was away to the Sea Eagles