Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mixed kebab, cheese, most salads, bbq and sweet chilli sauce , large chips

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lamb is the best but barely ever see it at kebab shops
True. It costs too much apparently. Pretty sure in the Spanian’s kebab shop reviews he had a good one with real lamb. The guy at the shop reckons some shops say it’s lamb when it’s not.

I can’t talk about this stuff... I want one so bad thinking about it, and I live in the sticks where my nearest kebab shop is 45 minutes away and I probably can only get an average one from there.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny that, raised on the shit late 70s to the 90s as it were cheap,I still remember complaining to my mother not cutlets again ( now look at the price)so I can't taste the gamey flavour or notice it as much but I have heard people say it.and the Japanese say the same thing and they eat everything cept for lamb
I thought all aussies ate and loved eating lamb. Roast lamb is the shit. Lamb shanks go good too and there’s nothing more nostalgic to me than lamb chops with tomato sauce. Yum! A lot of the forequarter chops are too fatty/gristly though. Leg chops are good, but like you say, it’s crazy expensive meat these days. I rarely even buy beef because of the cost. Only get lamb forequarters occasionally.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats how gyros is served in Greece. Primarily pork or chicken with chips in the wrap . You won’t find lamb gyros sold in Greece.
Lamb gyros is very popular here in Oz, but it’s not served with chips .
Gyros, yeeros, kebab etc can often have chips. I can’t remember if it’s traditional but iirc they do it in one of the kebab chains of Turkey. It’s just different variations on a similar theme.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gyros, yeeros, kebab etc can often have chips. I can’t remember if it’s traditional but iirc they do it in one of the kebab chains of Turkey. It’s just different variations on a similar theme.
The traditional gyros is Greece was served without chips , I suspect that would be the case in Turkey too. Greek and Turkish cuisines basically the same with minor tweaks .
I think the inclusion of chips/ fries is a recent thing .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The traditional gyros is Greece was served without chips , I suspect that would be the case in Turkey too. Greek and Turkish cuisines basically the same with minor tweaks .
I think the inclusion of chips/ fries is a recent thing .
Plus all the Turkish kebabs are "copied" and made exactly how us Assyrians make them.

Last edited: