Fat people.. why cant they get their act together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The blue zones are also less populated than cities which means less pathogens and less stress..
They are isolated islands and areas
They're definitely not 100% based on diet. There's a number of factors that correlate in blue zones including reduced stress, more religious, moderate wine intake, more physical activity, etc.

My point was purely that a poor diet will lead to reduced longevity especially through heart/liver disease.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're definitely not 100% based on diet. There's a number of factors that correlate in blue zones including reduced stress, more religious, moderate wine intake, more physical activity, etc.

My point was purely that a poor diet will lead to reduced longevity especially through heart/liver disease.
I don't believe eating certain foods like kale and certain vegetables or going on a paleo diet increases longevity.. The body takes only what it needs and discards the rest. however you can decrease your longevity by consuming toxins

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

There is a difference between statistically proven and scientifically proven.

But i'm sure there are lessons we can take from some of the blue zones.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread has inspired to get off my bum....

...to walk to the bakery for a sausage roll.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't believe eating certain foods like kale and certain vegetables or going on a paleo diet increases longevity.. The body takes only what it needs and discards the rest. however you can decrease your longevity by consuming toxins
True dat. Paleo probably has a better chance of reducing your life span with the amount of stress it puts on your system. Ever notice how people on the Paleo diet all look like they've aged 30 years?

Kale was smart marketing. TV Doctors convinced people that "super foods" is a real thing. Next thing you know it costs $5 for a bunch a bitter tasting green junk, when you get the exact same health benefits from a piece of lettuce. Goes great with the other marketing food myths like "Natural sugar is good for you"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread has inspired to get off my bum....

...to walk to the bakery for a sausage roll.
I made it all the way to the lolly jar on the other side of the room.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My actual story
I'm not that fat
Got a bit of belly fat

I use to work on the tools
Had a great metabolism
Played lots of sports and was always in good shape

Moved up the ladder and got off the tools
Had kids
Work longer hours
And running around after kids has limited my available time for activities

Hence why I gradually put on to much.

I have recognised it
And have changed my dietary intake

Not losing to much weight due to lack of physical activity

But I'm working on that.

I do agree with you mate.

People need to take responsibility for their health.
Brother, my death penalty of a illness (which I gave the finger too 6 separate occasions lol yeah I'm mentally unstable) was a fucking airborne virus evil motherfucker that nobody but God can stop hit my heart, I still blame myself for. That's why I am in the gym for 2 hours minimum training like I'm the fucking hulk to make it up to my family, my God and a little bit for my confidence.

Sorry to sound like a hectic Lebo (brutally honest about my own kind so fuck the snowflakes who take offense of this post) but I just finished gym and my ancestors barbarian blood is pumping like a town turbo, V12 Lamborghini engine and feel like I want to eat the next shit **** alive with my bare hands and teeth.

No lol even

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All said and done, there are foods that are actually helpful and ones that are harmful. For example, dark leafy greens are high in vitamins A, C, K and Folate plus other minerals like Iron. Foods like berries and olives are high in antioxidants which reduce free radicals that lead to cancer. High fibre fruits and vegetables help reduce weight and increase heart health, and they make you fart more too which can only be good for you (not so much for everyone else)

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back pedalling much? It's ok baby, I'll take it easy on you.

My boxing talk is just to prove to you your shallow shit is that exactly, shit. In the ring it's man on man (in my case lion v man) and everything you have can't save you.

And to add, in my footy days up to my injury at 23, I was 148kgs and played prop for 60 mins, only having the 10 mins off before and after HT. I put centres and 2nd rowers on show with fitness.

Looks are deceiving but only people with a bit of brains know that.
Im not backpedalling.. trying to keep your dignity intact. As far as you know im already 110kg and bench over 200kg. (100kg warm up). Fair to say you will feel my punches.. who knows you might win if your any good, i dont know you, But that is not the point. Flogging someone in a ring (not for money) is for dopes.

Being the best you can be is what this thread is about. To be fair you seem like things are going well for you, you have a woman, dont rent, decent tv and in good health.. respect. But its no fluke, you know you gotta work hard to keep the momentum, eveyone should.

Fat people are not cut from our cloth, they are lazy, ugly, demotivated and make excuses.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Then there's other more complicated aspects of food health. Simple carbohydrates spike your blood sugar levels and make you hungrier faster which complex carbohydrates and low GI foods make you full for longer leading to less eating. Transfats have a lot more health problems associated with them than saturated fats (in fact much of the recent research has found that saturated fats may not have any bad effect on your heart, but more research is needed on that topic)

But in the end if you're aiming for weight loss it's best to go with what Wolfie mentioned earlier. Less calories in means less weight gained.

Which brings us to the weird stuff. There are certain foods that lose caloric content when prepared certain ways. Much of this is obvious though. If you deep fry everything then it's going to increase calories, and if you render the fat out of something then it'll reduce calories. But there are some weird ones. One of the weirdest ones I've seen is rice and coconut oil. Researchers found that cooking rice with coconut oil then cooling it in a fridge halves the calories in the rice. Seems a bit strange but it actually changes the chemical structure of the rice (primarily the starch) which lowers the calories and makes it easier to digest.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note, I made a BBQ sauce last night with lots of sugar, chilli, cola and coffee (plus a bunch of other ingredients). It turned out amazing. As tasty as it is unhealthy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not backpedalling.. trying to keep your dignity intact. As far as you know im already 110kg and bench over 200kg. (100kg warm up). Fair to say you will feel my punches.. who knows you might win if your any good, i dont know you, But that is not the point. Flogging someone in a ring (not for money) is for dopes.

Being the best you can be is what this thread is about. To be fair you seem like things are going well for you, you have a woman, dont rent, decent tv and in good health.. respect. But its no fluke, you know you gotta work hard to keep the momentum, eveyone should.

Fat people are not cut from our cloth, they are lazy, ugly, demotivated and make excuses.
I sense much self-hate in this one.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note, I made a BBQ sauce last night with lots of sugar, chilli, cola and coffee (plus a bunch of other ingredients). It turned out amazing. As tasty as it is unhealthy.
Did you get a recipe from somewhere or did you just make it up?

I envy people who can just put a few ingredients together, than simply taste a bit and know exactly what to add to make it perfect. Lucky for me, Mrs CD is a whizz at it, whilst I need to follow the recipe otherwise it turns out a shocker.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds really interesting , BBQ sauce does have a cola taste with a twang of something else.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you get a recipe from somewhere or did you just make it up?

I envy people who can just put a few ingredients together, than simply taste a bit and know exactly what to add to make it perfect. Lucky for me, Mrs CD is a whizz at it, whilst I need to follow the recipe otherwise it turns out a shocker.
Used a basic BBQ sauce recipe that I use for most of my sauces then adapted it. Was watching some BBQ competition show where they talked about Cowboy steaks that are cooked with a coffee rub (coffee, paprika, salt, pepper) and thought "Hmm, that could work in a BBQ sauce". Didn't go overly strong on the coffee. Was surprised how well it worked out.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well do something about it. Change your lifestyle. Make some changes...

Its your body, your health, how can it be acceptable to you?
How can your level ignorance and judgmental nature be acceptable to you? Oh that's right, you're a douche! I almost forgot for a minute! :p

Honestly, I know people who have thyroid related weight issues and aren't lazy at all. Stop generalising. That is just lazy thinking!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paleo diet is fkn ridiculous. You wanna follow a good program based on what we ate pre ancient times? Lol
If Jesus ate bread which he did, paleo is void.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS don't stop these shitty threads @Blue_boost, trolling or genuine dud you are at least entertaining in the off season.

When the season starts you can fuck right off lol
Yeah a bit of entertainment for the off season but in all honesty my football review is second to none... just wait for that next season

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My actual story
I'm not that fat
Got a bit of belly fat

I use to work on the tools
Had a great metabolism
Played lots of sports and was always in good shape

Moved up the ladder and got off the tools
Had kids
Work longer hours
And running around after kids has limited my available time for activities

Hence why I gradually put on to much.

I have recognised it
And have changed my dietary intake

Not losing to much weight due to lack of physical activity

But I'm working on that.

I do agree with you mate.

People need to take responsibility for their health.
This is exactly my situation also.

Status
Not open for further replies.