Fair pay and more games for Pacific RL players petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

B rad

New Pup
Reaction score
With NRL stars making themselves available for Tonga, Samoa and Fiji its time these players received a fair wage and more annual games. Its not fair that they sacrifice so much money and rep games to follow their passion to represent the nations of their heritage. Sign and share this petition to pressure the RLIF to make a small investment to make sure these players are treated equally to other those who represent Australia and New Zealand.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-leag...-opportunity-for-pacific-rugby-league-players

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor old Andrew Fifita.....only on about $600,000 per year......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Where are you getting that Pacific Nations players are only paid $30 per day?
2. Did you just sign up here to spam that link?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I’m watching fox sports now Ennis is hosting this eels vs jets replay.
So it clearly shows why the game is so toxic and slow these days and so not a mans game anymore.
Man these ***** would launch their bodies at the others and accept the punishment, they’d punch on if they have to, and the ref was respected in the sense there was no fucken Cameron smithians running to the red for an explanation or complaining, they literally just got on with it. These 80’s men of league literally make every single footballer today look like cucks.
And it’s being run by a dumb **** in Todd Greenberg where he seems to think making the game more pc (appealing to females and children/parents) it will do better. Well that hasn’t worked out maybe to go forward we gotta go back to the glory days.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/give-pacific-rlwc-players-same-pay-taupau
"Players from top-tier nations such as Australia and New Zealand will be paid up to around $50,000 each by their country for the six-week tournament, while those from minnow teams earn as little as a $30 a day."

I'm a member of multiple RL forums. Total RL is my main one.
So your demanding that Fiji players get $50k per game, like the Australians get ? Who’s going to pay for that ?
The financial status of the country and the sport in question factor into the remuneration for representatives. This is the way it works everywhere.
You don’t think Australian soccer players earn the same as the Italian or English players, do you ?

B rad

New Pup
Reaction score
So your demanding that Fiji players get $50k per game, like the Australians get ? Who’s going to pay for that ?
The financial status of the country and the sport in question factor into the remuneration for representatives. This is the way it works everywhere.
You don’t think Australian soccer players earn the same as the Italian or English players, do you ?
I'm saying with a small investment from the RLIF (who's job it is to develop and expand Rugby League internationally) they could create an annual tournament in New Zealand, where they have had success in the past with big crowds, to give the pacific nations a tool to create revenue for themselves so they can become self sufficient. The Pacific Nations don't have experienced administrators who can organise such an event (some of them cant even pay their own players) so they need some help.

What ever fair payment is, is up too the players and the RLIF but much better then what they are getting now is a start. Read the petition, even if your not going to sign it. Then you will know what I'm asking and why.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They dont get the same money because they don't draw the same revenue to pay them from. Its pretty simple. Its like saying womens nrl teams should be paid the same as the men when they wouldn't attract 1% of the revenue of the men, to pay them with.

Im not talking about islander men playing in the nrl comp. They are paid as well as everyone else.

B rad

New Pup
Reaction score
They dont get the same money because they don't draw the same revenue to pay them from. Its pretty simple. Its like saying womens nrl teams should be paid the same as the men when they wouldn't attract 1% of the revenue of the men, to pay them with.

Im not talking about islander men playing in the nrl comp. They are paid as well as everyone else.
Your right, and they don't draw any revenue because ....... they don't play hardly any games to draw revenue from. Which is what the petition is half about. If they can get crowds and public interest similar to what they did when they last played they could create their own revenue from those games and pay their players a decent wage. In order to get some games going in the first place, so they can create revenue for themselves they need help from the RLIF. That's what I'm asking.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
im getting sick of all this pacific island talk.

Apart from fiji (a country the size of Canberra) the other islands have populations that are less the size of the canterbury bankstown area.

that isnt an exaggeration.

lets focus more on countries like France and Canada. Both of which have foubndations or exciting intitiatives in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

B rad

New Pup
Reaction score
im getting sick of all this pacific island talk.

Apart from fiji (a country the size of Canberra) the other islands have populations that are less the size of the canterbury bankstown area.

that isnt an exaggeration.

lets focus more on countries like France and Canada. Both of which have foubndations or exciting intitiatives in place.
So because of "population" we should ignore sold out stadiums, teams that are so strong they can defeat New Zealand and go down to England in the last seconds, positive media coverage they bring to our sport and the much needed depth they bring to our international game? Happy with the big 3 status for the next 20 years or more are you? Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So because of "population" we should ignore sold out stadiums, teams that are so strong they can defeat New Zealand and go down to England in the last seconds, positive media coverage they bring to our sport and the much needed depth they bring to our international game? Happy with the big 3 status for the next 20 years or more are you? Ridiculous.
most those tongans arent even Tongan. Just their mums mum.

and if you read what i said i said focus on other countries like Canada and France, which in theory could triple the entire south pacific in numbers in one year.

B rad

New Pup
Reaction score
I'm all for development in Canada and France (and the USA). At this moment in time though Canada is a miles behind the Pacific in support and team strength while France has the worlds richest Ruby Union market to compete with who would be more then happy to throw unmatchable money at any French Rugby League player who achieves star status.

Tonga, Samoa are good now, and have huge support from the communities in Australia and New Zealand. Fiji also beat New Zealand in the last world cup and cant be ignored. PNG are improving and are the only nation in the world who has Rugby League as their national sport. They have 8 million people there. Almost double New Zealand.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I wouldn’t look at it like that!
I would give the Australian players less and give more to the other nations for the good of the game.

Maybe 30000 for aussies and
20000 for other nations

As long a they have played a game of first grade...

So you can’t pay a Fijian prop 20 000 for a game if he is a park footballer, and it would t matter if the one first grade game was 8 years ago as long as he has played a first grade game.

Example

Mitchel Moses plays for Lebanon he gets paid 20 000

Doueihi before this year wouldn’t be paid that type of money but this year he is eligible for it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
most those tongans arent even Tongan. Just their mums mum.

and if you read what i said i said focus on other countries like Canada and France, which in theory could triple the entire south pacific in numbers in one year.

France and Canada would be amazing especially France but seems the quality isn’t there yet plus I would include France in this pay dispute same thing applies for them.

The big and real issue is origin and this is New Zealand’s biggest issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.