Opinion Facebook deletion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was down at snapper Rocks yesterday with the kids and literally watch a bloke walk out to the edge of the rocks, take his shirt off, put some water in his hair and then put his phone up in front of his face and do 360 - I assume he was doing a face book post or something.

Funny thing is he put his shirt back on and walked off - didn't even go for a swim. Yet his face book friends would be in envy of his day at the beach :tearsofjoy:
This is a major problem with social media. People only post their best moments and often they are fake moments. It has created a massive "grass is greener" effect that is leading to depression for many.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a major problem with social media. People only post their best moments and often they are fake moments. It has created a massive "grass is greener" effect that is leading to depression for many.
That's the bit I dont get though, Why do people get upset when some flogger takes a selfie leaning on a saucy car with his sunglasses on at night and his left arm turned toward the camera so we see his Rolex..? I instantly think fuckwit.

Or the picture of every plate of food they eat..Does anyone actually sit back and go OMG, I wish I was that person? Dont get me wrong, I am all for the nicer things in life, whatever it is that tickles your fancy, but isnt the buzz owning them or eating the food?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It’s shit and does get to people. My missus will show me a picture of some trillion dollar house someone has bought or some new amazing baby and again we are doing quite okay but I’m like what am I supposed to say. Ohh ohh wow weee golly gosh wow that is so much heaps better than we have oh wow if only I could one day be that much better than me.

Really I’m thinking (and she knows it by the way) no one gives a fuck about your tribe and by using that shitty word has pissed me off even more as because that time you went on a Gorilla Tour in Tanzania you stayed in a 7 star hotel so you know nothing about tribes and whilst I’m on a rant you called the police on a guy walking down the street the other day who is actually from a tribe in PNG because you thought he might be breaking into cars or very presumptuous might want to rape you

So fuck off with your fake Facebook posts because really and quite sadly your marriage is falling apart you are secretly smashing sleeping pills and your child may have a learning disability which is fine you know who cares life is life but your not willing to face.

Wow that was a rant but I was actually thinking of someone by the way so I vented it.

I read that back and though I hope my sister in law never ever finds this page then I thought no wait fuck her I really hope my missus never does coz I’m in the shit…

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the bit I dont get though, Why do people get upset when some flogger takes a selfie leaning on a saucy car with his sunglasses on at night and his left arm turned toward the camera so we see his Rolex..? I instantly think fuckwit.

Or the picture of every plate of food they eat..Does anyone actually sit back and go OMG, I wish I was that person? Dont get me wrong, I am all for the nicer things in life, whatever it is that tickles your fancy, but isnt the buzz owning them or eating the food?
This sort of crap..

1640234270397.png

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was down at snapper Rocks yesterday with the kids and literally watch a bloke walk out to the edge of the rocks, take his shirt off, put some water in his hair and then put his phone up in front of his face and do 360 - I assume he was doing a face book post or something.

Funny thing is he put his shirt back on and walked off - didn't even go for a swim. Yet his face book friends would be in envy of his day at the beach :tearsofjoy:
Ugh. The fake existence economy sewer media has created is one giant leap (backwards) for mankind.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s shit and does get to people. My missus will show me a picture of some trillion dollar house someone has bought or some new amazing baby and again we are doing quite okay but I’m like what am I supposed to say. Ohh ohh wow weee golly gosh wow that is so much heaps better than we have oh wow if only I could one day be that much better than me.

Really I’m thinking (and she knows it by the way) no one gives a fuck about your tribe and by using that shitty word has pissed me off even more as because that time you went on a Gorilla Tour in Tanzania you stayed in a 7 star hotel so you know nothing about tribes and whilst I’m on a rant you called the police on a guy walking down the street the other day who is actually from a tribe in PNG because you thought he might be breaking into cars or very presumptuous might want to rape you

So fuck off with your fake Facebook posts because really and quite sadly your marriage is falling apart you are secretly smashing sleeping pills and your child may have a learning disability which is fine you know who cares life is life but your not willing to face.

Wow that was a rant but I was actually thinking of someone by the way so I vented it.

I read that back and though I hope my sister in law never ever finds this page then I thought no wait fuck her I really hope my missus never does coz I’m in the shit…
Sounds like you've summed it all up perfectly and have these incidences in perspective..and still kept your sense of humour :grinning:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Sounds like you've summed it all up perfectly and have these incidences in perspective..and still kept your sense of humour :grinning:
You have too but how do they even afford a $3 million dollar joint are they drug dealers or people traffickers or something because if they are I either want in or I’m dobbing. But yeah the real point is everything is not always as it seems on Facebook.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You have too but how do they even afford a $3 million dollar joint are they drug dealers of people traffickers or something because if they are I either want in or I’m dobbing. But yeah the real point is everything is not always as it seems on Facebook.
Some people are dreamers .
Some are schemers.
Some need the validation.
It takes all kinds.
There's pressure to be cool.

With your wife maybe think of FB as the modern day lifestyle magazines that us ladies had years ago :grinning:. Social media has replaced the magazines but still lets people peer into others successful lives, read about the royals, read goss..all that crap. It's all escapism. Some get caught up in the hoopla and it can have devastating consequences but others are just enjoying the activity. Maybe she doesn't expect you to solve that house unattainable dream but wants to discuss and include you just in that way....us women are weird like that.

Plus most people grow out of being influenced by fakes so it usually passes.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Some people are dreamers .
Some are schemers.
Some need the validation.
It takes all kinds.
There's pressure to be cool.

With your wife maybe think of FB as the modern day lifestyle magazines that us ladies had years ago :grinning:. Social media has replaced the magazines but still lets people peer into others successful lives, read about the royals, read goss..all that crap. It's all escapism. Some get caught up in the hoopla and it can have devastating consequences but others are just enjoying the activity. Maybe she doesn't expect you to solve that house unattainable dream but wants to discuss and include you just in that way....us women are weird like that.

Plus most people grow out of being influenced by fakes so it usually passes.
Ha you know what I read that and though HA! you know what? shit didn’t even think of it like that. Thanks for that I’m actually going to think on that point.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ha you know what I read that and though HA! you know what? shit didn’t even think of it like that. Thanks for that I’m actually going to think on that point.
You will know if it's over the top behaviour :grinning:
Oh hang on no you won't; you're a bloke..lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Translation:

My Rolex from Bali with the genuine 24 hour guarantee shows the wrong time, but thanks to the Rona I haven’t been able to go back to get another one, so I’ve added some Insta filters to make it look like sunset to make myself feel better that Ketut has definitely ‘posted’ the warranty he promised he would. Oh, the Porsche? Test drive. I have to return it in an hour :-).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Years ago, I was looking for a new job and didn't want my employer to know.... sure enough my wife starts tagging me in posts for for jibs going in the area
My Mrs enforced a "no work colleagues as fb friends" policy after she once popped overseas for a wedding for a weekend with the intention of chucking a sickie on the Monday.

Sure enough, her attempt at incognito was thwarted by a friend tagging her into photos and her bosses found out.

Last edited:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. I find it useful.

Users are mostly in control of what they see. Don't like a discussion in your local commumity page? Unfollow it. Your sister is making daily anti vax rants? Hide her for 30 days until it blows over...

I find LinkedIn much worse than FB for trawling through rubbish tbh.
I've got a friend who works in IT security who says that LinkedIn is a dream website for hackers etc who want to steal your identity. Most people on there use their real name, with a real photo of them, has their complete work history and often has their personal address, especially so if they've uploaded a resume. That's enough of a reason to hate it. But I especially despise it because it's basically a never ending stream of soul-destroying corporate speak.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Very valid points Baz, and they can be decently protective. The problem for humans is that a lot of the time we have more than one thought process going. I know, I know, it seems that a lot of people don't even have 1 thought process going on (parra fans for example), let alone multiple thought processes, but hear me out. Even at the very moment you are looking at a picture and consciously thinking "pfft, what a joke", an unconscious thought process can be alive which, if expressed, would sound something like "that looks like an amazing life", or "whats wrong with me, that I can't do anything I want?". Depending on the strength of those unconscious thought processes, anxiety etc can increase, with some pretty remarkable physical symptomology.