Facebook called the bluff lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Better block me if you are so distressed about Murdoch criticism :grinning:
Na I don’t wanna block people, seems childish. Just like to open a page and see something different

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
no im saying its dying, foxtel is certainly dying and they had to splinter it off to binge and kayo to stay alive, their print media is dying, they had a massive newspaper purge last year, their online media is hidden behind a paywall that has to compete with free offerings so its dying, myspace is dead, sky news australia has gone off the deep end

they now have to rely on their right wing nutcase customers and nrl/afl to keep them affloat in australia

dinkum dog had to point to their book publishing to explain why they arent dying, ok books have something special and can withstand the new media but its small potatoes
Apparently Fox USA is practically begging Trumpsters to stick with them. Hope Fox lose heaps with the Smartmatic litigation.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Na I don’t wanna block people, seems childish. Just like to open a page and see something different
Best not subject yourself to many threads then.

You are often triggered by the majority views on here.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rudd asking his half million petition supporters to stop using realestate.com....thats Rupes cash cow in Australia now apparently.
exactly my point, the guy who had the pay tv monopoly in australia, 5 million people paying $100 a month, now he hangs his hat on a real estate website, im sure it does really well but its a sign of how far he has fallen

netflix really fucked his ass with no vaseline, now he needs government welfare

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently Fox USA is practically begging Trumpsters to stick with them. Hope Fox lose heaps with the Smartmatic litigation.
Fox is too big for Trump to take on. If he "buys" either OAN or newsmax, he'll play a part but if he tries to start up his own, the market is too saturated at the moment, don't think it'll be successful

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think rod is pointing at news corp dying, more that it has suffered a lot of losses in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong rodzilla).

The loss in sales of its print media and loss of subscribers for foxtel suggest as much that it is losing business in Australia.
Sure, I'm not arguing that print and traditional cable TV aren't declining - they clearly are.
But if we're just talking Australia that only gives credence to the argument that globally news isn't 'dying'.
It's still a behemoth and Rupes is ruthless enough to do what he needs to do to keep it that way.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw this is totally natural, companies die out

for example you can probably buy taxis combined services for $2.50 right now

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best not subject yourself to many threads then.

You are often triggered by the majority views on here.
Lol, You seem the most triggered person on here. Always complaining about everything.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
exactly my point, the guy who had the pay tv monopoly in australia, 5 million people paying $100 a month, now he hangs his hat on a real estate website, im sure it does really well but its a sign of how far he has fallen

netflix really fucked his ass with no vaseline, now he needs government welfare
You saw that 40 million to broadcast womens sport link I posted? Joke.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
dinkum dog had to point to their book publishing to explain why they arent dying, ok books have something special and can withstand the new media but its small potatoes
I pointed to two of their many businesses as you said they don't make money any more.
They have a massive warchest - particularly after the sale of many Fox assets to Disney.
They aren't going away regardless of what anyone thinks of them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure, I'm not arguing that print and traditional cable TV aren't declining - they clearly are.
But if we're just talking Australia that only gives credence to the argument that globally news isn't 'dying'.
It's still a behemoth and Rupes is ruthless enough to do what he needs to do to keep it that way.
Yep just pointing out you guys were arguing two different things but the bigger picture your post was right.

Rupert is prepared for losses in some of his sub companies to prop up his propaganda machine.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol, You seem the most triggered person on here. Always complaining about everything.
I contribute to the thread and issues at hand, whereas you complain about the complainers and want a sympathy vote for Trump and Murdoch and sulk when they get criticised :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You saw that 40 million to broadcast womens sport link I posted? Joke.
government welfare, and also their sport lineup is getting very thin so they probably needed to go to womens sport anyway

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
government welfare, and also their sport lineup is getting very thin so they probably needed to go to womens sport anyway
The EPL was a massive loss for them, they under estimated how much of a loss that was going to be for them. They tried to under bid for it, optus came out of nowhere and got it. That one sporting comp made them lose a shit load of subscribers to foxtel

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You keep arguing Australia.
It's a tiny market for News and Rupes probably only cares because he was born here.
btw realestate.com is well ahead of Domain in terms of traffic and revenue.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
[
Well if Rupes' business is in such good shape, he should be able to broadcast womens sport without getting a hand out from our Govt

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I contribute to the thread and issues at hand, whereas you complain about the complainers and want a sympathy vote for Trump and Murdoch and sulk when they get criticised :grinning:
Couldn’t care less about Murdoch, I’ve posted twice about him. You’ve posted hundreds of times, there’s an abnormal obsession there. You can post what you like, just hard scrolling through all ur hatred to read other people’s views for a change.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The EPL was a massive loss for them, they under estimated how much of a loss that was going to be for them. They tried to under bid for it, optus came out of nowhere and got it. That one sporting comp made them lose a shit load of subscribers to foxtel
There's no question the boat has been pushed out on sports rights.
As you say EPL, now Stan has Rugby (which isn't huge) but the next big global sport that goes OTT - massive shift.
Facebook offered $600m for the IPL to up their presence in India and missed out mainly because of bandwidth and device penetration in India (where most people have a TV and a set top box, not everyone had a suitable mobile device nor internet solution). That's going to change too.
Those who don't see that coming are destined to die - but I doubt Fox or ESPN or any of the big sports networks don't see it coming.