And now scheduled new tour dates in America

Still nothing for Australia

Fuck em
Rant over

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Metallica are a bunch of sellouts anyway, what did you expect. Was never really a big fan of theirs. They had some good songs pre the Black album, but after that they were just putrid. That's just my opinion.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So let it be written so let it be done, I called the ticket agent for a refund

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Metallica are a bunch of sellouts anyway, what did you expect. Was never really a big fan of theirs. They had some good songs pre the Black album, but after that they were just putrid. That's just my opinion.
Taste in music is an opinion
I loved everything they did other than lulu

I think load and reload are some of their best work
I know the thrash fans don't agree and it's their opinion

But I'm a huge fan and have been since I first discovered them in the late 80s.

I don't think they are sell outs

I think they are creative geniuses who have made a diverse range of music that has stood the test of time and deserve all the accolades they get.

But I'm fucking pissed that Australia and New Zealand fans are being neglected

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, fuck Metallica. Released one of the worst records I've ever heard with St anger, are way overrated as a band (and by all accounts are complete arseholes to boot)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taste in music is an opinion
I loved everything they did other than lulu

I think load and reload are some of their best work
I know the thrash fans don't agree and it's their opinion

But I'm a huge fan and have been since I first discovered them in the late 80s.

I don't think they are sell outs

I think they are creative geniuses who have made a diverse range of music that has stood the test of time and deserve all the accolades they get.

But I'm fucking pissed that Australia and New Zealand fans are being neglected
Of course, I ain't pissin on ya boot about Metallica hence why I said "in my opinion". Mate if they are your favorite band, all power to ya.

I feel ya pain, if It was a band I liked I'd feel pissed off too. If it wasn't for the fans, they'd have nothing.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I hope Lars' poofta lookin' scarf burns whilst he's parading around with it on whilst in San Fransisco.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope Lars' poofta lookin' scarf burns whilst he's parading around with it on whilst in San Fransisco.
He looks like someone who has a chili pepper shoved all the way up his rectum when he drums (he probably gets James to help put it there before each show)

images.jpeg

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ride the lightning was one album I liked, along with black, but other than that yup.. meh meh meh.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Yep, fuck Metallica. Released one of the worst records I've ever heard with St anger, are way overrated as a band (and by all accounts are complete arseholes to boot)
Overrated? Biggest metal band in history. Fact.
Their accolades are hard earnt and well deserved IMO.
Most rockstars would be complete arrogant arseholes, same as actors and any other major celebrities. It seems to go with the territory.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Overrated? Biggest metal band in history. Fact.
Their accolades are hard earnt and well deserved IMO.
Most rockstars would be complete arrogant arseholes, same as actors and any other major celebrities. It seems to go with the territory.
I'm not a huge metal fan but having heard all of their albums, while they do have some great songs the overall quality of their music isn't that great, mega death or anthrax are better "metal" bands imo. Metallica were just that right place right time kinda deal

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I'm not a huge metal fan but having heard all of their albums, while they do have some great songs the overall quality of their music isn't that great, mega death or anthrax are better "metal" bands imo. Metallica were just that right place right time kinda deal
Obviously music is very much an opinion thing but Megadeth and Anthrax are light-years below Metallica in terms of quality music.
The one HUGE letdown for Megadeth is Dave Mustaine's voice- IMO he sounds like a character from The Muppets with that nasally whine of his. And Anthrax lyrically don't even come close to Metallica.
Right place, right time? They produced their greatest works 5-7 years before they were lauded as megastars.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If you check metallicas best songs you will see Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burtons names are attached to them.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Obviously music is very much an opinion thing but Megadeth and Anthrax are light-years below Metallica in terms of quality music.
The one HUGE letdown for Megadeth is Dave Mustaine's voice- IMO he sounds like a character from The Muppets with that nasally whine of his. And Anthrax lyrically don't even come close to Metallica.
Right place, right time? They produced their greatest works 5-7 years before they were lauded as megastars.
I disagree about the light years below part. Apart from Hardwired..., Metallica haven't really produced anything great for many many years, whereas Anthrax have had decent albums come out in that time. Moreso than Metallica anyway.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
If you check metallicas best songs you will see Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burtons names are attached to them.
Huh? Not 1 song on Master Of Puppets or Ride The Lightning (widely regarded as their 2 best albums) has Mustaine's name on it. Can't give him any credit for that.
Cliff was a genius, no coincidence they wrote their greatest stuff with him. Justice was done without him though and that was pretty damn good.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Huh? Not 1 song on Master Of Puppets or Ride The Lightning (widely regarded as their 2 best albums) has Mustaine's name on it. Can't give him any credit for that.
Cliff was a genius, no coincidence they wrote their greatest stuff with him. Justice was done without him though and that was pretty damn good.
You have your opinion I have mine. Let's just leave it at that shall we