Opinion Explanation

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone please explain the thought process of the following;

For the entire offseason Barrett had Jake Averillo training at halfback

The first 2 rounds Jake was playing halfback and than dropped him in Round 3 to cup, bringing in Wakeham and Schoupp

So Come round 4 now, Barrett drops a centre in Schoupp and also overlooks 2 other centres from cup whoever they are.

He dropped Averillo last week as he wasn't cutting the mustard playing halfback, to go and play halfback in cup and than brings him back a week later to play centre in first grade

Am i missing something?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The first 2 rounds Jake was playing halfback and than dropped him in Round 3 to cup, bringing in Wakeham and Schoupp

So Come round 4 now, Barrett drops a centre in Schoupp and also overlooks 2 other centres from cup whoever they are.

He dropped Averillo last week as he wasn't cutting the mustard playing halfback, to go and play halfback in cup and than brings him back a week later to play centre in first grade

Am i missing something?
Baz is shit ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Am i missing something?
I just don't think Averillo showed enough for TB to persist with him at 7 in fg, Maybe a stint in reggies at 7 is what he needs,rather than try and develope him in to a 7 in the high pressure environment of fg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Am i missing something?
Not to mention Averillo was 5/8th in NSW Cup. So he's played 3 positions in both grades in the space of 4 weeks... You could give tonnes of other examples of players changing positions and playing out of position regularly since Baz took over.

The players would be frustrated and confused with constant changes like these. Then the team and combinations can't gel either. It's hard to make sense of most of Baz's decisions..

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
I just don't think Averillo showed enough for TB to persist with him at 7 in fg, Maybe a stint in reggies at 7 is what he needs,rather than try and develope him in to a 7 in the high pressure environment of fg
BUT... He was playing 5/8 in Cup! If you drop someone back to work on their game, then they should be working on their game in that specific position... what's the point in being dropped to work on your flaws if your not training and playing in that exact position! This club baffles me sometimes

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BUT... He was playing 5/8 in Cup! If you drop someone back to work on their game, then they should be working on their game in that specific position... what's the point in being dropped to work on your flaws if your not training and playing in that exact position! This club baffles me sometimes
7 and 6 still have a lot of similarities.kicking,passing,ball running and game management for starters

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
7 and 6 still have a lot of similarities.kicking,passing,ball running and game management for starters
Agree to disagree my bro! They do have similarities buy they both play different and important roles for the team, hence why we are having halfback issue's... we have no genuine game managing, organising, controlling, cool headed number 7... eg A.Reynolds or N.Cleary, we have too many 5/8s! Wakeham, Averillo, Burton are all 5/8s in my opinion... But obviously Flanagan is on the nose and has no chance, he's like 4th in the pecking order... so why not let averillo practice his craft in the number 7 where he trained all pre season and put Flanagan at 6? And Averillo at 7... the decisions or Barrett and whoever else leave my head spinning and dumbfounded at times

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Patolo had 52min last week...2 runs for a total of 14 metres

He has atleast another year in cup
Don't rate him one bit! Had wraps on him and looked promising but is yet to deliver for mine... just a shame we have no one pushing in cup to challenge some of these under performers! Hopefully Mavoni gets a few solid games under his belt in cup, needs to work on his fitness the big fella