1. Raiders
2. Panthers
3. Rabbitohs
4. Storm
5. Titans
6. Roosters
7. Sharks
8. Bulldogs

Raiders and Panthers look like they're going to party like it's 1990 or 91, the Titans will take the leap from fringe finals team to borderline top-four side while the Bulldogs can cause a massive surprise by returning to the finals after their off-season overhaul.

Go Dogs

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we can go close to the top 8 this year, and maybe sneak in, if a lot of things fall our way and a few other teams don't fire. Regardless, I expect we will be considerably improved on last year. Anything less than top 8 in 2022 however, I think should be considered a failure.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know that we’ll make the top 8 this season BUT I think 2021 is about Trent getting his processes right and the team to buy into his vision while having more “stars” onboard for 2022 to then make inroads into the top 8 and top 4 respectively. We shouldn’t be putting unrealistic pressure on Trent or the team.
We’ll be looking for obvious improvements onfield from the 2020 season.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fatima Kdouh

Top Eight

1. Panthers
2. Rabbitohs
3. Storm
4. Roosters
5. Raiders
6. Eels
7. Titans
8. Bulldogs

Premiers: Rabbitohs
Wooden spoon: Broncos
Dally M Medal: Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
Ken Irvine Medal (Most Tries): Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs)
Rookie of the year: Charlie Staines (Panthers)
2021 Bold Prediction: Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett defies the odds to lead a return to the finals at Belmore.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly if we can finish 10th this year is an improvement and should be a goal. But not finish 10th from a late season surge. Be consistent enough through the year to be in contention for the finals. 22,23 and 24 are our real years for pushing

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if we can at least be in sight of the 8 up until the last few rounds, ill be pretty happy..

i think if we are way off the pace again, then Baz will have under achieved.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if we can at least be in sight of the 8 up until the last few rounds, ill be pretty happy..

Agreed bro! 100%

Reactions: GDR

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly if we can finish 10th this year is an improvement and should be a goal. But not finish 10th from a late season surge. Be consistent enough through the year to be in contention for the finals. 22,23 and 24 are our real years for pushing
10th from a consistent year is going to be horrible too though, plenty of 4-5 loss stretches

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 10-12 is a decent result I’d love top 8 but I just don’t quite see it this year however there appears to be a big drop off in quality after 5 or 6 teams this year I don’t buy the Titans knights or warriors hype and manly have absolutely no depth so we might have a shot at sneaking in to the 8th spot

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just think that currently

Rabbitohs
Melbourne
Roosters
Penrith
Knights
Raiders

So we will compete with
Gold Coast
Parramatta
Manly
Cronulla
West’s
St George
New Zealand
Broncos
Cowboys

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Out of that list i reckon Gold Coast, Parra and the Cowboys are the only ones likely. I wouldn't lock the knights into the top 8 either.
I really like the knights . Frizell is a huge signing plus having players like
Watson brailey best Barnett at good health they definitely should be there . Considering they made it last year .

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are due to win in 2024 if history repeats.
1974 lost GF, 1984 won, 1994 lost, 2004 won, 2014 lost, 2024??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's going to be an interesting year. If we are as competitive as last year but turn some of those close losses to wins & stop the floggings, we are a chance at the 8. If Dietz can come off the bench & do similar to what he did in the trial it will make a big difference as will avoiding having Sutton as referee. Our bigger forwards also have to charge into the defence like they mean it.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw improvement in the trial game. A first hit out trial run.
If we continue to improve on a weekly basis win or lose than thats good enough for me.
If flange gets injured, there is no-one in our team to steer the ship.
I couldnt possibley predict where we sit on the ladder seasons end, Ill just enjoy the ride without expectations.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was thinking along the same lines as yourself but then thought about injuries,possible suspensions and a few other variables could somewhat dictate our position come season end.
By no means making excuses if we underachieve which would be a massive disappointment.
Anyway let’s hope for the best this season and beyond.