Experts' view: Who'll make the top eight in 2021

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
5/8 is our issue.. if avoid stays injury free then we may go ok but if he doesn't Wakeham comes in. If we had Burton I would totally agree.. fukn riff.
With the new transfer rules. I'd say we will have a player on our books that Penrith will want to swap for somewhere during the season. Most teams are going to want to get down to 28 players now to keep that flexibility. THat said, it will be after round 2. Hopefully one of the guys in reserve grade makes an impression early.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think many fans will throw the book at Tbaz if we come in at 10th...There’s never much points difference between 8th and 12th. I’d be happy with 10th this year... weren’t we 15th last year?!
Watch and see. There will be a lot that won't be happy with Baz if our placings are from 9th -12th.
You can never satisfy this lot

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm happy for us to be under-estimated, spend some time under the radar, then spring a bunch of "upsets".

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie Soward picked dragons to make the eight. WTF
Soward is an ex-player and now on the coaching staff of the Dragons... of course he is going to talk them up... 20 years ago Daley was a consultant at the Dragons and his assessments and commentary of the Dragons was the most biased I have ever seen in the NRL

interestingly with Soward, he also came to the defence of the Roosters and the double standards they endure over the Sualii situation and that if he was playing for any other club, there would be general support for him to debut in FG at 17

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga
Best
Mann
Pearce
Klemmer
Frizell
Safiti
Watson
Barnett
Brailey

if the knights don’t make the 8 this year O’Brien contract should be torn up. He made the 8 while losing
Mccolough
Brailey
Watson
Best
Barnett

to long term injuries last season and have added frizell to their squad .
on paper, the Knights should be making the 8... but as a club, they have been soft for years and have underachieved since Mullen was their key player

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy for us to be under-estimated, spend some time under the radar, then spring a bunch of "upsets".
as long as we are not in the race for the spoon, I will be happy

I think 2021 is a year to set the right foundations moving forward... get Flanagan acclimatised as our FG halfback, sort out Averillo's future role, try to get Burton across early, try to identify a long term 9, get the rest of the deadwood out, the prop rotation, perhaps recruit a young strike backrower etc.

but I am expecting a lot more in 2022... for too long we have not been feared

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul Knut

Top 8

1. Panthers
2. Rabbits
3. Roosters
4. Raiders
5. Storm
6. Eels
7. Sea Eagles
8. Knights

CANTERBURY

For too many seasons now Canterbury has struggled to score enough points to give themselves a reasonable chance of winning the game. That said, there are several reasons for hope at Belmore this season. New coach Trent Barrett was widely credited for being the architect behind Penrith’s brilliant attack last season while the recruitment of young playmaker Kyle Flanagan gives the Bulldogs a pure halfback to guide the team around. Add the likes of Nic Cotric and Corey Allan in the backs, and Jack Hetherington and Corey Waddell in the forwards, and hopefully these Dogs will learn to bite.

Kenty’s season prediction: 16th