Expectations

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also too would like to support them as I live in The Sunny Coast but the fact there are plenty of Melbourne players I dislike and another year of JMK would be too much to handle.
Could you imagine that. Finally gettingvrid of junk. Then switchingvteamscto watch Junk fuvk up you new team?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club fucked up even more when the Andersons were brought in… this is 100% on them as they set us back years… we are being burned by people who claim they care about the club and Gus is trying to clean it all up
i called it straight away that they were destroying our club the longer they stayed
This all started with Des,Dib and scary lady!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you’re OK to overlook Uncle Ray’s bungling of Hasler’s contract followed up by his much bigger bungle with a $10m salary cap gamble in signing Woods and Foran on massive money, eh Alzz? He also made the call to hire Pay. Granted, no established coach would’ve come in at the time given the rotten state of the roster and cap. The rot started well before the Andersons were there, take your blinkers off.
You are right bro, but the Anderson's did make it worse and were way out of their depth

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You are right bro, but the Anderson's did make it worse and were way out of their depth
And then Baz made it worse again signing the likes of Allen, Dufty, Flanagan and TPJ long after the Andersons were gone - most of that under Khoury’s watch. So try as some might, you simply can’t single out one group to blame - it’s been mistake after mistake that hopefully Gus is slowly rectifying.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And then Baz made it worse again signing the likes of Allen, Dufty, Flanagan and TPJ long after the Andersons were gone - most of that under Khoury’s watch. So try as some might, you simply can’t single out one group to blame - it’s been mistake after mistake that hopefully Gus is slowly rectifying.
I agree and would not defend any of them. They all contributed to the mismanaged clusterfuck of a club we are. I have faith in Gus to steer the ship and get us back to being a powerful club again

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree and would not defend any of them. They all contributed to the mismanaged clusterfuck of a club we are. I have faith in Gus to steer the ship and get us back to being a powerful club again
Not only do you need the right people on the bus but in the right seats too. Khoury was right to separate football and commercial responsibilities - Wharby seems to be doing a good job building sponsorship and community relations whilst all footy matters are Gus and Ciraldo of course will have a say. But it’s going to take time - I just wish we’d stop buying other teams unwanted players like Dufty and TPJ because someone thinks ‘a change of scenery’ will be some sort of panacea. It rarely is. We need more coups like Kikau or players like Mahoney where their existing clubs would’ve fought to retain them. No more rejects.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not only do you need the right people on the bus but in the right seats too. Khoury was right to separate football and commercial responsibilities - Wharby seems to be doing a good job building sponsorship and community relations whilst all footy matters are Gus and Ciraldo of course will have a say. But it’s going to take time - I just wish we’d stop buying other teams unwanted players like Dufty and TPJ because someone thinks ‘a change of scenery’ will be some sort of panacea. It rarely is. We need more coups like Kikau or players like Mahoney where their existing clubs would’ve fought to retain them. No more rejects.
Recruitment appears to be more deliberate and less opportunistic under Gus too. I am happy with the direction of the club now even though it is hard to watch performances like that rubbish yesterday. Next year is hopefully a step forward. I can't take much more of this . Enjoy Dallas bro!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Recruitment appears to be more deliberate and less opportunistic under Gus too. I am happy with the direction of the club now even though it is hard to watch performances like that rubbish yesterday. Next year is hopefully a step forward. I can't take much more of this . Enjoy Dallas bro!
Got back this morning but looks like I didn’t miss much with that game last night. Hopefully we can jag a win against another ordinary side on Friday to finish off the year (I’ll be there). At least we didn’t get the spoon but we all need a break after another poor season.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Knock knock…. Sorry to interrupt boys… just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I think with 17 clubs now and not enough talent to go around it makes recruitment even tougher. Right now most likely the best halfback option coming on to the market is Ben Hunt who will be 34 in 2024. Not only that he’s not exactly been consistently good over his whole career. It just comes back to junior development you have to develop young kids to balance out your roster and our junior development has been trash since 2010-2012. The Barba, Jackson, Finucane, Taupau, Kasiano etc generation. That was 10 years ago now.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Knock knock…. Sorry to interrupt boys… just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I think with 17 clubs now and not enough talent to go around it makes recruitment even tougher. Right now most likely the best halfback option coming on to the market is Ben Hunt who will be 34 in 2024. Not only that he’s not exactly been consistently good over his whole career. It just comes back to junior development you have to develop young kids to balance out your roster and our junior development has been trash since 2010-2012. The Barba, Jackson, Finucane, Taupau, Kasiano etc generation. That was 10 years ago now.
100% mate. I was against going to 17 and it’ll be even worse assuming it’s eventually 18 clubs. Barely enough talent for 16. And yes, development even more crucial now than it ever was - that’s another project that’s going to take time but at least we’ve put some systems in place to bring kids through to the Bulldogs.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Idk about yous but I tipped us to run 10th-12th. I expected us to get out of bottom 4 but we still sorta look like bottom 4 loll

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree bro our Bulldog junior pathways have been a disaster since Des. I think there is talent out there but you need the right people identifying it and bringing them through right. IMO, it is important to bring through talented players as a group to grow in a winning culture. Giving young players opportunity when they are ready too. I think Hayward, Alamoti and Joash are promising - not much else. Gus will focus on developing the pipeline...hopefully or otherwise we're fcked

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
With all this building, collapsing and re-building again, you'd think we were owned by Oracle ffs.

Seriously though, it's not like we have a choice in the matter. But THIS has to be IT! If there ever were a time to get us out of this shithole, it would be this. With Gus on board, Directors, CEO and staff seemingly all on the same page, you'd wanna hope and pray that great things are not that far away for us.

If this all fails, then..... well thats something I don't wanna think about.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree bro our Bulldog junior pathways have been a disaster since Des. I think there is talent out there but you need the right people identifying it and bringing them through right. IMO, it is important to bring through talented players as a group to grow in a winning culture. Giving young players opportunity when they are ready too. I think Hayward, Alamoti and Joash are promising - not much else. Gus will focus on developing the pipeline...hopefully or otherwise we're fcked
Yeah there is some kids in the system now to get excited about but they still look 2-3 years away from being regular first grade IMO. Alamoti’s injuries hurt his development a bit this year. It takes time to fix a broken system that is the reality. 6 wins this year - hopefully 7 next week. Piece by piece as frustrating as it is.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bunch of fucking cry babies ... Lol

What, because we were a successful team in the past it means we're entitled to success now? My arse it does.

I understand the frustration and everyone wants immediate success but we also need to be realistic with things.

For the first time in a long time we seem to be making the right decisions at the top. We're bringing in some incredibly talented players. New coach is the best option out there.

This year was always a write off.
The biggest and best signing was Gus, by 2024 we'll definitely be challenging for the title, also all the deadwood will be finally gone by the end of next season.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest and best signing was Gus, by 2024 we'll definitely be challenging for the title, also all the deadwood will be finally gone by the end of next season.
Yeah I think Gus is the best purchase we have made in forever.
Challenging for a title in 2024 would be a mammoth achievement. Yes we should always aim to be the very best but thats a big ask.
We will have to have the right roster
We will have to have the right coaching assistants in place.
Whoever is head of strength and conditioning is going to have to be the ducks nuts.
We would need an A grade FB and HB
There would be no other option then to be consistent for the next 2 years.
The top teams currently are a class above us, its light and day.
Penrith are a well oilled machine that have taken years to get to where they are. Storm and Penrith have depth if they cop injuries, it will take a few years if everything is aligned, juniors start coming through etc.
Ill be happy just to see improvement as the next couple of years roll on. My biggest desire is consistency where like Dogs of old you feel confident of knocking the lower teams heading into a match and giving the quality teams a run for their money.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bunch of fucking cry babies ... Lol

What, because we were a successful team in the past it means we're entitled to success now? My arse it does.

I understand the frustration and everyone wants immediate success but we also need to be realistic with things.

For the first time in a long time we seem to be making the right decisions at the top. We're bringing in some incredibly talented players. New coach is the best option out there.

This year was always a write off.
Well said mate.

To all those saying fuck being patient .... um what are your options ?

Anyone with a CLUE knew this season was always a write off .... our roster has gapping holes all over it.

We had a little bounce under Potter but quickly reverted back to norm.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most have said..."It is what it is" !!!!!

And hope Gus can fix it..

All Kennellers can do is insist Gus takes up all our many varied suggestions lol