Opinion Expansion, who do you want in?

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talks of an eventual 20 team comp, who do you want to see in the comp?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
West Coast Pirates

If they want the Bears in, rebrand the shitty Titans as the Burleigh Bears.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is not enough talent for a 20 team comp.. 18 teams is more likely..

Either way the next team needs to be Perth.. They should have had a team back there a decade ago.. The Central Coast Bears or the Bears in another area and then maybe PNG (If possible/practical) or a second Kiwi team would be the next best options..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perth Bears and play out of the Central Coast for eastern seaboard games

Central Coast is underutilized
If the Bears ever get back in, which hopefully they do somehow, they'd have to play a game or two at North Sydney oval every year just like we do at Belmore to keep the tradition alive.. Even if it is a horrible place to watch games with it being an oval.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The locals have had the Pirates name registered for many years now, Perth seems the logical next place for a team I'm all for it.Would need to be a good roster/team to garner and maintain interest..Perth Reds were pretty shithouse iirc.

Then there is the hard sell to all the gayfl die-hards there couldn't be bigger ostriches than these fhs..they think rugby league is shit :tearsofjoy:

The way to go is get Twiggy on board if possible, not sure of his thoughts on League but he likes Yawnion because he is one of those old boy snooty private school vvankers.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perth or NZ. There wouldn't be a decent business case for any others.

some sort of mongrel PNG/Pacific team playing out of Cairns? How does that even realistically work?

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why do people want PNG to have a team? I can never see a star player agreeing to live in PNG.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The locals have had the Pirates name registered for many years now, Perth seems the logical next place for a team I'm all for it.Would need to be a good roster/team to garner and maintain interest..Perth Reds were pretty shithouse iirc.

Then there is the hard sell to all the gayfl die-hards there couldn't be bigger ostriches than these fhs..they think rugby league is shit :tearsofjoy:

The way to go is get Twiggy on board if possible, not sure of his thoughts on League but he likes Yawnion because he is one of those old boy snooty private school vvankers.
10 years Perth reds could get up and running they jnr development pathways set up and something like over 12,000 members when they were only in Jim Beam cup.

I remember being shock as more members than the dogs at the time.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Goal somehow to make South Aus and West Aus viable for a national comp and bigger tv deal. If we could access juniors out of those areas, so many top tier athletes playing AFL .

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
10 years Perth reds could get up and running they jnr development pathways set up and something like over 12,000 members when they were only in Jim Beam cup.

I remember being shock as more members than the dogs at the time.
I know a lot of people who moved there from Sydney. Assume they can’t handle AFL and Union.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bears have put up a very decent proposition, they provide the NSW Cup and lower grades feeders like the Sunshine Coast Falcons or the Brisbane Tigers do for Melbourne. All they ask is for 2 games per year at North Sydney Oval.

That would work for almost anyone who doesn't have a junior pathways of their own. Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Perth, Adelaide etc, PNG already has a Qld Cup team, the Hunters, so maybe not for them.

Always a Bulldog