News EXCLUSIVE: The James Tedesco inspiration that's fuelling Jake Averillo

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This kid is more skillful than Tedesco in my opinion... Though not as strong. When he fills in he could be anything, even as good as Turbo so he shouldn't just limit himself to Teddy videos... Should be watching all the best including FB's like Bowen and Slater.
Yeh bro this is a bit much

Let's just hope he's develops enough to properly cement that spot for us

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know sometimes its good to keep opinions to yourself…
Not even I'd say that :tearsofjoy:
Yeh bro this is a bit much

Let's just hope he's develops enough to properly cement that spot for us
You do realise Averillo is 8 years younger than Tedesco and 5 years younger than Trbo yeah? You dont understand the concept of growth and experience?

You actually sound like the blokes that got into me about Dearden and Townsend and the beginning of the year after I said they will be massive for the Cowboys this year after the first trial... Sometimes its best not to act like you know everything because it might come back to bite u in the arse or i could be mistaken, you might actually enjoy it.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You do realise Averillo is 8 years younger than Tedesco and 5 years younger than Trbo yeah? You dont understand the concept of growth and experience?

You actually sound like the blokes that got into me about Dearden and Townsend and the beginning of the year after I said they will be massive for the Cowboys this year after the first trial... Sometimes its best not to act like you know everything because it might come back to bite u in the arse or i could be mistaken, you might actually enjoy it.
Bruv u just said probably dally m fullback of the year is worse than Averillo.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Dude, breathe relax.

None of us are saying he doesn't have potential to be great for us. Just that it's a bit much to say his potential is going to be Tedesco level.

Let him play and develop and if he gets close to that stage, then by all means we'll glady accept it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bruv u just said probably dally m fullback of the year is worse than Averillo.
Reading not high on your priority list is it.. I will repeat it slowly so you understand that I am not saying he is better than the two at this stage in his career.

Ready? Once he fills in (meaning in a few years as he gets older) He COULD ( meaning maybe there is a chance ) be as good ( meaning on par or yes better than the Dally M player of the year who was aged 24.5 at the time, 3 years older than Averillo when he won it ).

The statement made is an assumption based on the kids desire to succeed and not to mention the fact his talent is finally being untapped due to a simple position change.

If he came through the grades as a FB he would undoubtedly be in a better position than where he is now so it may take him longer... Probably hit his peak around 25-26.

Thats my opinion, take it with a grain of salt but dont blame me if its comes to fruition and you think to urself fcuk, that guy was right.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude, breathe relax.

None of us are saying he doesn't have potential to be great for us. Just that it's a bit much to say his potential is going to be Tedesco level.

Let him play and develop and if he gets close to that stage, then by all means we'll glady accept it
You think im losing my cool? Lol im cool as a cucumber right now bruz... haha..

Why not though? They are a completely different kind of player but i honestly see a more well rounded footballer in Averillo than Tedesco.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You think im losing my cool? Lol im cool as a cucumber right now bruz... haha..

Why not though? They are a completely different kind of player but i honestly see a more well rounded footballer in Averillo than Tedesco.
He does have the makings and potential of a very good player.

I more see a Dylan Edwards level fullback and I'd be very happy if he reached that level, thats a very solid level fullback.

Tedesco is NSW fullback in front of Latrell and Tom Turbo, so that's really really high echelon level fullback. That's why I think it's a bit much to guess that Jake is going to reach those levels.

I'm just saying let him naturally develop and he will be a good footballer at the end of it, someone who solves a spine position for us. How great he becomes? Well let it happen without any pressure

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He does have the makings and potential of a very good player.

I more see a Dylan Edwards level fullback and I'd be very happy if he reached that level, thats a very solid level fullback.

Tedesco is NSW fullback in front of Latrell and Tom Turbo, so that's really really high echelon level fullback. That's why I think it's a bit much to guess that Jake is going to reach those levels.

I'm just saying let him naturally develop and he will be a good footballer at the end of it, someone who solves a spine position for us. How great he becomes? Well let it happen without any pressure
Fair call, Edwards is a machine, very undderrated.

Tedesco is a weapon no doubt, jizz worthy though Is Teddy only FB because you can shift Trbo and Latrell to the centres and still get as much strike? Plus Trbo was just as much FB than teddy last year tbh...

He will develop, dont think someone on TK is going to stun his development by saying he could become as a good as a Dally M winning FB...

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He will develop, dont think someone on TK is going to stun his development by saying he could become as a good as a Dally M winning FB...
Fuck Jake, I'm talking about our sensibilities on the kennel, we've all been at each other's throat since 2015 after how shit we've gone

We need no pressure and expectations here, just good football

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck Jake, I'm talking about our sensibilities on the kennel, we've all been at each other's throat since 2015 after how shit we've gone

We need no pressure and expectations here, just good football
Lmao... I think u need to relax and breath now bro haha.

Good football coming bruz, stress no more, good 10 years coming.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo is becoming my favourite player, beast at fullback.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter gave him the opportunity but Zap worked closely with Jake

Credit to Zap and the amazing facilities we have