WWOS MOLE EXCLUSIVE: Struggling Bulldogs consider move for England rugby coach Eddie Jones

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d that’s your thought, Fair enough, I won’t go saying it’s wrong lol.. we all have em.!!
I don’t see what’s funny about it. Holbrook has a better and more experienced roster and at this stage his team has only won one more game than us and has a poorer for and against. If we’re going to sign a new coach, why not sign someone who doesn’t fucking suck? Fitzgibbon is highly regarded amongst his peers and has learned the ropes under one of the game’s better coaches.

The last thing we herd is to get rid of pay and then sign Holbrook or Seibold or Nathan Brown it some other spud who won’t improve our team at all.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t see what’s funny about it. Holbrook has a better and more experienced roster and at this stage his team has only won one more game than us and has a poorer for and against. If we’re going to sign a new coach, why not sign someone who doesn’t fucking suck? Fitzgibbon is highly regarded amongst his peers and has learned the ropes under one of the game’s better coaches.

The last thing we herd is to get rid of pay and then sign Holbrook or Seibold or Nathan Brown it some other spud who won’t improve our team at all.
Your writing off Holbrook after 7 games with a squad that’s never had success. That’s what is funny

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your writing off Holbrook after 7 games with a squad that’s never had success. That’s what is funny
He’s had a full pre-season ...he has some good experienced players, he has at least had enough tine to drill some defensive steel into his side, yet his team has a negative f/a of almost 100 after 7 rounds.

Way to go. Reach for the stars.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s had a full pre-season ...he has some good experienced players, he has at least had enough tine to drill some defensive steel into his side, yet his team has a negative f/a of almost 100 after 7 rounds.

Way to go. Reach for the stars.
Ok let’s imagine Covid didn’t happen and go with your theory.. Let’s write a coach off after 7 rounds. Makes sense

Can you please tell me where this Titans squad was rated before a ball was kicked @bradyk

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok let’s imagine Covid didn’t happen and go with your theory.. Let’s write a coach off after 7 rounds. Makes sense

Can you please tell me where this Titans squad was rated before a ball was kicked @bradyk
Ok, I may have exaggerated a bit by calling him a spud.... and I’m not saying his roster is world class, but he definitely has more talent to work with than us and better coaches have done more with equally unheralded rosters in a shorter space of time. Just because his roster isn’t rated doesn’t mean he doesn’t have talent there. Nobody rated our roster going into 2012. He has some good forwards, competent and experienced halves, several good options at hooker and a serviceable fullback.

The only success he has to show is success from lower grades and from an inferior competition. We are better off going with someone who either has a proven track record of NRL success, or failing that (and it’s looking like there are no top tier established coaches available), a well regarded understudy who has experience working with successful NRL teams.

there’s no use pining over Holbrook when there’s no real evidence to suggest he’s any good snd he’s taken anyway. We have to look up the future and I think there is at least one better option out there who is still available.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i stopped reading at

"we missed out on Bellamy and Bennett"

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the go with dymock? Never seems to get a chance. When he took over he got the boys firing, I think it was 5 wins from 8. If I remember first thing he did was drop JMoz to find some form

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have an 2 uneasy feelings:

1. no one will want to touch us and we’ll be stuck with Pay.
2. The club will not even consider anyone else and extend Pay for another year

Feeling 1 is horrible, but feeling 2 is cataclysmic
We are here for you Jack Dog and we are all in the same boat. Group support is available for the long suffering fans.......we all know how to relieve the anxiety and depression and the sense of doom we are feeling unfortunately those in charge and who have the power to do something don't...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I may have exaggerated a bit by calling him a spud.... and I’m not saying his roster is world class, but he definitely has more talent to work with than us and better coaches have done more with equally unheralded rosters in a shorter space of time. Just because his roster isn’t rated doesn’t mean he doesn’t have talent there. Nobody rated our roster going into 2012. He has some good forwards, competent and experienced halves, several good options at hooker and a serviceable fullback.

The only success he has to show is success from lower grades and from an inferior competition. We are better off going with someone who either has a proven track record of NRL success, or failing that (and it’s looking like there are no top tier established coaches available), a well regarded understudy who has experience working with successful NRL teams.

there’s no use pining over Holbrook when there’s no real evidence to suggest he’s any good snd he’s taken anyway. We have to look up the future and I think there is at least one better option out there who is still available.
So what was Deanos success before the NRL gig?

I’m not pining over Holbrook I just believe in a few seasons he will prove he’s a solid NRL coach. At Canterbury we have to find the next solid coaching option and I really hope we do but we aren’t getting a proven coach here to take over from Pay. Why would a proven coach Bellamy, Bennett take on this role?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sign a new young coach who has played first grade and done an apprenticeship as an assistant. hey that sounds like Pay? But seriously we need to bring in someone from a winning culture and set this club up correctly with some new skills , ideas and discipline. I would be offering a contract to Fitzgibbon from the Roosters. Bring him and he has big wraps. Just me opinion.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Holbrook is a spud, mate. He has a better roster at the titans and his team aren’t really any better than ours. Success in the lower quality super league does not translate to success here.

I’m a fan of the idea of trying to get Fitzgibbon .... the last thing we want is to pick up a coach who won’t provide any noticeable improvement.
Our 17 on paper is better than the Titans mate ... Fact is they don't have a shit game plan in comparison to us.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sign a new young coach who has played first grade and done an apprenticeship as an assistant. hey that sounds like Pay? But seriously we need to bring in someone from a winning culture and set this club up correctly with some new skills , ideas and discipline. I would be offering a contract to Fitzgibbon from the Roosters. Bring him and he has big wraps. Just me opinion.
Im pretty sure 99% of people on the kennel want Fitzgibbon.
Im pretty sure he is happy where he is,I dont think Politis would let him go.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another bullshit rumour by the board to make out there actually doing something besides trying to find ways to pinch money off the club to repay chris and lyns huge fucking dept.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The struggling Canterbury Bulldogs are considering making a move for renowned rugby union coach Eddie Jones for next season.

Current England coach Jones has reportedly expressed interest in a code switch and has already attracted the eye of the Cronulla Sharks.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the Bulldogs, having almost certainly missed out on super coaches Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett, are now looking in Jones' direction.

Dean Pay is coming off contract at the end of this year and is one of a host of NRL coaches under pressure to keep their jobs for 2021.

Pay inherited a poor roster at the start of last season and has struggled to get the best out of the Bulldogs.

They missed the finals last season and look likely to do so again this year, sitting at the bottom of the ladder with just one win to date.

Jones, who turned 60 this year, has a glittering coaching resume with both Australia and England and is regarded as one of the great thinkers in world rugby.

Former Wallabies coach Alan Jones made the switch to league with both Balmain and Souths in the 1990s but enjoyed little success.
If true...
It means one thing, our management are more desperate then the previous management were when they signed Pay.
Sadly the writing is on the wall !!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our 17 on paper is better than the Titans mate ... Fact is they don't have a shit game plan in comparison to us.
No it isn’t.... lol especially considering Foran is hobbled, hardly ever plays and has limited involvement. They have much better options in the halves and at 9 and a good forward pack.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im pretty sure 99% of people on the kennel want Fitzgibbon.
Im pretty sure he is happy where he is,I dont think Politis would let him go.
I believe the Warriors are keen on Fitzgibbon...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So what was Deanos success before the NRL gig?

I’m not pining over Holbrook I just believe in a few seasons he will prove he’s a solid NRL coach. At Canterbury we have to find the next solid coaching option and I really hope we do but we aren’t getting a proven coach here to take over from Pay. Why would a proven coach Bellamy, Bennett take on this role?
I’m not arguing we should keep Pay, so I’m not sure why we are talking about him. I’m arguing we should get the best replacement possible. I don’t think Holbrook is that person. Like I said, I’d be looking at getting talks with Fitzgibbon going.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
really a union coach pllleeeezzee and hes a shit one too

matt elliott is a pick a real tactician

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
really a union coach pllleeeezzee and hes a shit one too

matt elliott is a pick a real tactician
That's funny. World Cup winning coach - nar, 1st grade coaching flop - yeah.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
so u would go with a jones what world cup did he win??