EXCLUSIVE: Bulldogs signed jersey scam uncovered by Canterbury great Peter Tunks

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Former Test prop Peter Tunks has contacted police after uncovering a memorabilia scam that has cost unsuspecting people thousands of dollars.

Tunks was surfing the internet recently when he came across a signed Bulldogs legends jersey.

"I had a look at it and I thought, 'That's nice' - but then I had a think and couldn't remember ever signing the jumper," Tunks told Wide World of Sports.

"I had a close look at 'my' signature and it looked like 'Peter Tatola' or something - it wasn't even close.

Bulldogs players, with captain Steve Mortimer aloft, celebrate their 1984 grand final win. (Sydney Morning Herald)
"I contacted several other members of that team and they also confirmed they didn't sign it.

"They were asking around $2000 for the signed jersey and some poor bloke probably paid it.

"That's why I got the police involved - it's just not right."

Tunks also put a post on his Facebook page warning fans about the fake memorabilia.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
watch this incident turn into a SBW exclusive and why the roosters are best......

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most surprising part of the article is Tunks knows how to use a computer and has a facebook page.
He sure knew how to use a thigh master. His torso was all thighs.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Former Test prop Peter Tunks has contacted police after uncovering a memorabilia scam that has cost unsuspecting people thousands of dollars.

Tunks was surfing the internet recently when he came across a signed Bulldogs legends jersey.

"I had a look at it and I thought, 'That's nice' - but then I had a think and couldn't remember ever signing the jumper," Tunks told Wide World of Sports.

"I had a close look at 'my' signature and it looked like 'Peter Tatola' or something - it wasn't even close.

Bulldogs players, with captain Steve Mortimer aloft, celebrate their 1984 grand final win. (Sydney Morning Herald)
"I contacted several other members of that team and they also confirmed they didn't sign it.

"They were asking around $2000 for the signed jersey and some poor bloke probably paid it.

"That's why I got the police involved - it's just not right."

Tunks also put a post on his Facebook page warning fans about the fake memorabilia.
Nonetheless this highlights the need to be careful buying "genuine" products on the net.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Any examples? nothing on his FB page and the Nine website that I could see.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell you a headline bulldogs management signing some decent players not surfing the Internet for fake jerseys surfing for talent