News EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler reveal plans for fixing broken Bulldogs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
haha but no one wanted to follow the parra and Newcastle rebuild that Lynne was mentioning a few days ago
I didn't say follow the parramatta rebuild, what does that even mean?

I said if parramatta can rebuild anybody can, parramatta are shit

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Step 1: Burn the board at the stake.

Step 2: Fuck off the "muh roster" escuses. The dogs have never been a club to focus on winning based on roster. We win on attitude, that classic dogs playstyle. Yes, we need key players, of course. But we dont need the top 10 players in the league.

Step 3: Find a coach that actually gives a shit.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just need people at the club that know how to recruit/sell

Amateurs

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we'd be competitive/top eight next year tbh but I didn't think it'd be this hard to pull the cheque book out and start signing players. It starts to look like the people running the club don't know what they're doing, I hope I'm wrong tho.
Great point.. I'm with you on that

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Said Holland is a good roster player as well!
They said holland is a good 18th, 19th player. Which is a fair call because he shouldn’t walk into no starting 17

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Joey- They need to buy a whole heap of party drugs and bond while off their faces.

Freddy- And while they're at it they should get naked and knock on the door of hotel rooms that they've seen women walk into.

I didn't click on the link either.
Did Fittler use to do that?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree not much for 2021 but with the way contracts work these days that could all change pretty quickly.

The knights got Pearce at the end of 2017 when Cronk went to the roosters. The eels got Matterson in the offseason when he had a dummy spit

All you have to do is approach a player with a better offer. All of a sudden the club has a disgruntled player and the move is made.

I would like some more signings but i am glad they are not rushing things
Exactly.

The biggest hindrance to us has also been COVID. If we had a full season we could see how Hoy, burton, coates etc are doing. And if they were getting jaded by lack of opportunity you can say there is a spot waiting for you.

When you have 3 million dollars superstars won’t get you off the bottom. But if you can get the best 19-22 year olds (like grant) who are stuck behind quality in front of them, then you pick up great players for 600k (could net you 5-6 players instead of 2-3)

Get a verills or a grant or mccinnes doing that. Get a burton or hoy or paix or dedren. Pick up a player that is 3rd 4th in-line and would rather a shot then developing for a season or 2. Souths have so many backs they carry a centre on the bench. A fully fit broncos team has no less then 7 quality outside backs. This is were our recruits should be opportunistic.

fair enough it won’t win you a grand final in a year or 2. But if you get a young core around 21-23 years old. You’d have a 7-10 year premiership window. Getting players like cam smith, Pearce, friend etc would give you a 2 year premiership window if that. It’s a win now or never approach.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) piss this board off
2) get coach sorted. For me it’s Barrett or Hook. Barrett I’m not 100% on but it looks like going that way. I guess we’ll see
3) players:
FB - I think stick with Averillo. If Barrett is a gun attacking coach maybe he can really bring this kid on.
Centre - Cotric. If not then have a look at Farnworth or Rona. Schoupp and Tass are also developing well hopefully.
5/8 - Burton
Hooker - I like B Smith because I think Grant won’t be leaving Storm. Other good option is McInnes. Do t know enough about Clarke but if he is the goods then that’s a good option. Poms go hard!
Prop - Welch. Maybe Tamou but he is nearing the end.
If we have $ other options could be Koroibete? Maybe Coates from Brissy if they are having issues with cap?

we have quite a few coming off contract 2021. If there’s good talent available 2022 then we need to keep an eye out there too.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years to rebuild? We’ve been doing that for 3 years!!!!
5 years timeframe is so his knights can be top 4s

They both dont know shit

Just wait buddy 2022 we could win the premiership if everything done right

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
5 years timeframe is so his knights can be top 4s

They both dont know shit

Just wait buddy 2022 we could win the premiership if everything done right
I'm with you there! Not sure why every commentator on NRL is shitting on every move we make forward. (Besides Anasta and Ennis)
I’m pretty excited about the next 2 years tbo!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Fittler use to do that?
I'm pretty sure that it happened on the night that Nate Myles took a dump in the same hotels hallway. Apparently the lady had her husband and kids in the room and he knocked on the door naked and told her who he was a couple of times until she called her husband. Was overshadowed a bit by the antics of Myles.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else think that was a non plan? Last year Johns was calling Meaney a star fullback in the making.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So not one other club in the NRL is going to offer what we want to offer Green (I don't want Green either, but that's for another day). Is he really good enough then? I do think we need some superstars and best players in their position.
Eight clubs in 14 years and 33 years of age...averaging about 18 games a season......

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joey- They need to buy a whole heap of party drugs and bond while off their faces.

Freddy- And while they're at it they should get naked and knock on the door of hotel rooms that they've seen women walk into.

I didn't click on the link either.
I didn’t either but I agree with it. Fuck playing golf like the Donks did

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Smart blokes. The best NSW 6 n 7 ever . There advise we need a world class hooker, a fullback a strike centre and a five eighth. No shit. Add a an edge forward , and a aggressive prop. Oh and a coach.