Official Evidence the NRL has lost touch with the fans.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Star Titan cops ban at NRL judiciary

1620743374019.pngStar Titans back-rower David Fifita has copped a two-game suspension following an unsuccessful outcome at the NRL judiciary.

Fifita was unable to get his grade-two careless high tackle charge downgraded by the judiciary tonight, which means he will miss the Titans' Magic Round clash with the Panthers on Sunday, along with the club's May 22 encounter with Canterbury.

The 21-year-old was cited with a high shot on Wests Tigers playmaker Adam Doueih on Sunday. Fifita caught Doueihi high in the 79th minute of Gold Coast's 36-28 win, which at the time resulted in the Queensland Maroons enforcer spending the dying moments in the sin bin.

Fifita could have accepted just a one-match ban had he opted to take an early guilty plea.

a man holding a football ball: Titans forward David Fifita.
© Getty Titans forward David Fifita.

The Titans forward attended the hearing via video, with club advisor Mal Meninga representing him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this tackle wasn't a grade 1 then I don't know what is. I'm glad he will miss the Bulldogs game though it won't make a difference, but this result is not fair.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as they've lost touch with fans, they've vastly improved their relationship with the gambling sponsors who are getting the royal treatment with these 6 again rules really meanig the refs can manipulate the games incredibly easily.

I know that my statement above is completely off topic, but I didn't see the tackle. I know that the judiciary have no idea what consistency is when making their decisions.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add that, to the shoulder hit to the read of Tedesco by the Parra player, (cant be bothered to check his name), which should have been an immediate send off.
That hit was deliberate, malicious and potentially much more dangerous than Hertho's coat hanger.
I GUESS THATS THE NRL WE UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO LIVE FOR OUR BELOVED CLUB.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Add that, to the shoulder hit to the read of Tedesco by the Parra player, (cant be bothered to check his name), which should have been an immediate send off.
That hit was deliberate, malicious and potentially much more dangerous than Hertho's coat hanger.
I GUESS THATS THE NRL WE UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO LIVE FOR OUR BELOVED CLUB.
Yes it was a shoulder charge & he should be punished for that, BUT Tedesco (as he usually does) dropped at least a foot in a split second & that's what caused the hit to the head. Otherwise the hit would have been to the guts.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it was a shoulder charge & he should be punished for that, BUT Tedesco (as he usually does) dropped at least a foot in a split second & that's what caused the hit to the head. Otherwise the hit would have been to the guts.
I thought that the onus was on the tackler to avoid the opponent's head. BTW shoulder charges have been banned.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did fifita get suspended for the innocuous slap when sidestepped ? Or was it something else

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that the onus was on the tackler to avoid the opponent's head. BTW shoulder charges have been banned.
Yes it is and that’s why Penalties are given but someone like Tedesco who falls into tackles with massive drops hard to suspend someone for it and ridiculous I personally think

however shoulder charge is still a different story and is suspension

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as they've lost touch with fans, they've vastly improved their relationship with the gambling sponsors who are getting the royal treatment with these 6 again rules really meanig the refs can manipulate the games incredibly easily.

I know that my statement above is completely off topic, but I didn't see the tackle. I know that the judiciary have no idea what consistency is when making their decisions.
Indeed, someone will always profit from corruption.!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With regard to the shoulder charge, I mentioned that, but tell me how is a player supposed to avoid hitting someone in the head when the drop a foot in less than half a second? It is physically impossible - physics tells you so. The NRL have got to understand that accidents happen in this world. We had 2 players in the past who were cleared because they couldn't do anything about an opponent dropping so far in such a short a time - Andrew Ryan on Jason Ryles & Sam Kasiano on Fuifui Moi Moi.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The way its going, with the NRL suspending ppl left right and centre for not much, and their stupid new rules causing injuries galore, we will be lucky if the finals series this year isnt just a bunch of reserve graders.