Every team's strongest 17 for 2022

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aren't you just blaming a winger for not getting good service from his inside?

Always a Bulldog
They're both wingers, so I'm not sure what you mean. Okunbor scored 5 tries in 7 games, returning from a knee reco. That suggests to me Okunbor is a better finisher.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It definitely matters,particularly when he's not delivering.You want your wingers to score tries,Okunbor scored more tries and played about half as many games. Cotric has shown nothing to say he is more valuable to the team than Okunbor.
This is definitely a gee up hahahaha

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They're both wingers, so I'm not sure what you mean. Okunbor scored 5 tries in 7 games, returning from a knee reco. That suggests to me Okunbor is a better finisher.
We could go stat for stat;
Let's try tackle breaks 58 in 14 versus 15 in 7, I guess Cotric wins that one
Try assists, 1 versus 0, I guess Cotric wins that one too
Running metres per game, 130 versus 117, yep Cotric wins that one
Daily M Rookie of the Year + RLPA Rookie of the Year , 2 versus 0, (granted Okunbor did win the Steve Mortimer Rookie of the Year)
SOO games, 1 versus 0
Kangaroo games, 2 versus 0

Oh, I can think of a stat that Okunbor wins, contracts torn up & reinstated 1 versus 0.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Daily M Rookie of the Year + RLPA Rookie of the Year , 2 versus 0, (granted Okunbor did win the Steve Mortimer Rookie of the Year)
SOO games, 1 versus 0

Oh, I can think of a stat that Okunbor wins, contracts torn up & reinstated 1 versus 0.

Always a Bulldog
Its not even debatable, Cotric by length of the field

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SOO games, 1 versus 0

Always a Bulldog
Cotric may have more tackle breaks, but they were largely ineffective and amounted to nothing as lot of times he would just palm the first couple of defenders and run sideways . he wasn't bursting through tackles, creating line breaks or scoring tries.
Okunbors strike rate for scoring tries was way better 5 from 7 games (71.4%) Cotric only 3 from 15(20%)
Okunbors line breaks 4 from 7 games (57.1%) Cotric 7 from 15(46.6%)
Okunbors offloads 8 from 7games (114.2%) Cotric 10 from 15 ( 66.6%)
Okunbor missed tackles 6 from 7 games (.857 per game) Cotric missed 24 from 15 ( 1.6 Per game)

That would be 4-0 to Okunbor, making him more effective.
Okunbor is also 196 cms,11 cm taller making him a better target for our kickers and hard to out leap when we are defending kicks.
So Cotric isn't as effective or potent as Okunbor and he would be on 3 times as much money.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Cotric may have more tackle breaks, but they were largely ineffective and amounted to nothing as lot of times he would just palm the first couple of defenders and run sideways . he wasn't bursting through tackles, creating line breaks or scoring tries.
Is that Cotric's fault or the lack of players backing up his breaks?

strike rate for scoring tries was way better 5 from 7 games (71.4%) Cotric only 3 from 15(20%)
Okunbors line breaks 4 from 7 games (57.1%) Cotric 7 from 15(46.6%)
Okunbors offloads 8 from 7games (114.2%) Cotric 10 from 15 ( 66.6%)
Okunbor missed tackles 6 from 7 games (.857 per game) Cotric missed 24 from 15 ( 1.6 Per game)
Cotric only payed 14 games.

That would be 4-0 to Okunbor, making him more effective.
Depends on which stats we choose, shall we count up dropped balls that resulted in the opposition scoring tries?

is also 196 cms,11 cm taller making him a better target for our kickers and hard to out leap when we are defending kicks.
Provided he catches them of course.

So Cotric isn't as effective or potent as Okunbor and he would be on 3 times as much money.
Perhaps we need to ask the SOO selectors and the Kangaroo selectors who they rate higher.

Don't get me wrong I think Okunbor has potential, but right now Cotric is streets ahead.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Depends on which stats we choose, shall we count up dropped balls that resulted in the opposition scoring tries?

Perhaps we need to ask the SOO selectors and the Kangaroo selectors who they rate higher.

Don't get me wrong I think Okunbor has potential, but right now Cotric is streets ahead.

Always a Bulldog
We should ask the selectors why they haven't asked him back. He certainly wasn't in contention this year based on his form.

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOO games, 1 versus 0

Always a Bulldog
Perhaps all of those numbers are correct but at times stats can provide a skewed view of reality.
Just to be clear I am not a huge fan of either...
anyway.. anyone who watched a Cotric Dogs game would have to agree 85% of his tackle busts & meters gained are made crabbing sideways across the field..
If we were to get onto a value for $$$ discussion on the two then at Cotric $650k vs Okunbor $150k(?) should provide 4 times the output....not sure that he goes close to that...
Despite this i would prefer if Okunbor was playing waterpolo with his flippers-for-hands & Cotric was being paid overs elsewhere...bring back Sandy Campbell & Steve O'brien!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
There was another stat that we didn't consider, Cotric played the first 4 games at centre. If you factor that in, his line break, offload and tackle break percentage would be much lower.Which is relevant if we're comparing them as wingers

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Perhaps all of those numbers are correct but at times stats can provide a skewed view of reality.
Just to be clear I am not a huge fan of either...
anyway.. anyone who watched a Cotric Dogs game would have to agree 85% of his tackle busts & meters gained are made crabbing sideways across the field..
If we were to get onto a value for $$$ discussion on the two then at Cotric $650k vs Okunbor $150k(?) should provide 4 times the output....not sure that he goes close to that...
Despite this i would prefer if Okunbor was playing waterpolo with his flippers-for-hands & Cotric was being paid overs elsewhere...bring back Sandy Campbell & Steve O'brien!!
the other option if duffty fails, which we wont imo, is JAC at fullback and Oki/cotric wings.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
the other option if duffty fails, which we wont imo, is JAC at fullback and Oki/cotric wings.
JAC & Cotric need to be the the wingers for the entire season. They are by far our best 2 wingers. 1 for his hitups and 1 for his tryscoring.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC & Cotric need to be the the wingers for the entire season. They are by far our best 2 wingers. 1 for his hitups and 1 for his tryscoring.

Maybe our best wingers we've had since perrett and inu days.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need nigel vagana fuck what a player he was with us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our best wingers ever - but we're paying at least $1m a season for that privilege.
Can’t call them the best ever until they prove it on the field for us.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should be a pretty good duo at least, Oko the big unit a good back-up.He is another guy(although their vastly different in stature)who will benefit off working with/around JAC.