News Every NRL team’s draw ranked from easiest to hardest

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the draw we have the second worst draw other than broncos who have the hardest
CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS - 15th

Games played against -

Top eight: 13

Top four: 6

Bottom eight: 11

Bottom four: 4

Who they play twice: Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Tigers

It is always going to be a hard ask for the Bulldogs given how low they finished on the ladder last week. But they have been given little help with 13 games against top-eight teams (second-most) and 11 against bottom-eight sides (second-fewest). The Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs and Storm are all up in the opening five rounds for the Bulldogs.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's tough. Realistically we'll be lucky to be 1/4. Hopefully it takes time for Melbourne to gel without Smith.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The draw is good for us. We only play Chooks, Melbourne and Canberra once. Huge bonus. That may be the difference between making or missing the finals. We play the riff early when they have to adjust to their new attacking coach. We play 4 of the weaker teams twice. We'll get close to the top 8 this year because we have a far better coach, a competent No 7 and for the first time in a decade we now have a full set of 6 tackles with 4th tackle Tolman gone and we're going to use the footy rather than one out hit outs getting smashed.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Frankly I never read too much into the draw. Teams have injuries and many teams under perform. Nobody knows who the top 8 teams will be untill mid year... therefore its all bullshit.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The draw is good for us. We only play Chooks, Melbourne and Canberra once. Huge bonus. That may be the difference between making or missing the finals. We play the riff early when they have to adjust to their new attacking coach. We play 4 of the weaker teams twice. We'll get close to the top 8 this year because we have a far better coach, a competent No 7 and for the first time in a decade we now have a full set of 6 tackles with 4th tackle Tolman gone and we're going to use the footy rather than one out hit outs getting smashed.
Games played against -

Top eight: 13

Top four: 6

Bottom eight: 11

Bottom four: 4

Who they play twice: Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Tigers

bro, how is that good for us?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly I never read too much into the draw. Teams have injuries and many teams under perform. Nobody knows who the top 8 teams will be untill mid year... therefore its all bullshit.
I totally agree. You can’t evaluate strength of schedule until the end of the regular season. It’s obviously a slow news day and these journalists can’t predict the future

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was "evenly" distributed the draw would be:
Top eight: 12
Top four: 5
Bottom eight: 12
Bottom four: 5

instead for us its:
Top eight: 13 (+1)
Top four: 6 (+1)
Bottom eight: 11 (-1)
Bottom four: 4 (-1)

Whether you play team 8 (top 8) or team 9 (bottom 8) it is negligible. We play the top 4 teams on one more occasion (i.e 6 times instead of 5). Again negligible. The best part of our draw as i posted above is we only play Chooks, Melbourne and Canberra once. They have the best rosters along with the riff. The top 4 is a bit skewed as the Chooks finished out of the top 4 and Souths came 4th. Even with our dud roster our recent record against Souths is much better than against the Chooks. We only play genuine top 4 team (riff) twice and our team will be a fair bit better and a lot fitter next year and the riff no longer have Barrett but some random guy helping Ivan who has limited attacking prowess as a coach.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who you play if your good enough you win its that simple. To all the other teams under estimate us and you'll be sorry

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't rate Parra like the other top four teams, so playing them twice is good.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't rate Parra like the other top four teams, so playing them twice is good.
Parra is a powerhouse outside of playoffs, they are massive chokers come playoffs but in the regular season, they are a power house.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That draw is fine IMO. Some teams will improve or go back so it's hard to predict but in my view it's a good draw . We've only got Roosters, Storm and Raiders once, and we've also got a good run in the middle and a great run home. A couple of harder clumps of games, at the start and rd's 15-20, but plenty at home in that second lot and a bye to mentally recharge just before it in rd 13. Why not be tested straight up with a hard run of games? It also includes wooden spooners Brisbane and we should have no fear of playing Newcastle anywhere.

Just an observation but we seem to have more of our (likely) harder games at ANZ or Bankwest and the easier games away. My one problem is I wish we weren't taking the Storm home game to Perth next year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be the best you have to beat the best anyway. Hopefully we do well in the early stages and build a lot of confidence from it.