Evaluating the Top 30

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need some speed mate, we need to fix up the Defense on the edges and some speed at the back. Hoppa needs to stay ing the backline though.
Mybe is a fast runner, remember how shit he was?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree. Great summary and agreed with every player. I know we can blame des and co for the mess we’re in. But for how much longer? Yes our roster is horrible. But there seems to be no game plan. FFS yesterday we kept kicking to Ferguson. The other winger made two early errors then we didn’t target him again. Our defence structures don’t work. Some of the blame now needs to be shifted to the current administration and Pay

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Not bad. Now evaluate the coaching.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of problems thats for sure. But the biggest problem is the distinct lack of on field leadership.
Jacko (who looks injured) is not a natural leader. Hes to laid back. I think Foran needs to be promoted.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor Meaney and Orgden. Need to be promoted this week. Drop Elliott Cricton and Holland Ive bought size strength and speed. Cant have both elliott and tolman in same 17 its too small. Lewis to 5/8 foran to h/b.

1. Meaney
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. Montoya
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Danny. F
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Chn
12. Rfm
13. Jackson

14. Lichaa
15. Tolman
16. Orgden
17. Sue

This team is bigger stronger and faster. i.e i dont give a shit how meaney and okunbor performed in nsw cup. There both big strong and fast. Look at remis he wasn't great in nsw cup.
Sorry man but any team with Montoya, Lichaa AND JMK is a write off.
I am concerned about Meaney getting monstered on kick returns, etc BUT if we are giving him a run, I think it looks like this:

1. Meaney
2. Crighton
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Literally anyone ever
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Martin

14. RFM
15. Ogden
16. Fualalo
17. C. Smith

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree. Great summary and agreed with every player. I know we can blame des and co for the mess we’re in. But for how much longer? Yes our roster is horrible. But there seems to be no game plan. FFS yesterday we kept kicking to Ferguson. The other winger made two early errors then we didn’t target him again. Our defence structures don’t work. Some of the blame now needs to be shifted to the current administration and Pay
100% can't blame the players the blame is on the Coaching staff & PAY there is no gameplay no attack no different plays no nothing... pay is just telling them to run straight and pass the ball side to side thats it....

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what i have seen of Meaney he very much reminds me of Brad Abbey.

Cogger reminds me of a Trent Hodkinson minus the goalkicking

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Lachlan Lewis part made me laugh. I've been comparing his "talk" to Mbye since day dot and got bombarded as if I was Jamie Soward calling Dogs spoon contenders

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The signature of Corey Harawira-Naera is the one that's most concerning. He has now had two very poor performances and both weeks close to the worst player on the field. I'm not sure how much we signed this imposter for but FFS he's going to be another T-REX if he remains as is. Overpaid and over hyped Nuffy
With the loss of the Morris bros you’ll think we would recruit someone who can play in the backline. Yet, we recruit a forward we did not even need.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly right. We haven’t had a fullback since 2012 (Barba was an imposter in 13). We lost our only winger and centre in the whole club last season. We have struggled with lichaa for years. And we sign another second rower? When we have so many blaring issues with our line up.

I know I blame Hasler and dib and castle. And I know we are not using the full budget because of their mistakes. But to spend big on Napa and CHN. And then sign crighton too..... and ok Meaney and cogger were obviously cheap roster fillers with the hope of become solid first graders. But to honestly open up the cheque book for those 3 in particular when we lack a half, hooker, fullback, centre and winger. Castle. Dib and Hasler were duds. But the Anderson’s, and pay and hill..... they seem to not have any clue themselves.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that we should have close to 9.5 million to spend next year and they will recruit accordingly. But if not their time is up. Because it’s all good to criticise the past regime. But it’s looking like the new mob might outdo them :p :o
Unbelievable, most of the old board were there for many years and persisted with them. This board has been there for twelve months and everyone wants them gone! What a laugh

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The signature of Corey Harawira-Naera is the one that's most concerning. He has now had two very poor performances and both weeks close to the worst player on the field. I'm not sure how much we signed this imposter for but FFS he's going to be another T-REX if he remains as is. Overpaid and over hyped Nuffy
His a gun edge backrower but Pay seems to think his a prop/lock... Fukn Laughable.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis isn’t believing he’s own hype he is just a average player. He got hyped up on here all off season as some future superstar when in reality all he has is a decent kicking when he has the space and good defence.
Lmao... Sorry but that's a crap statement. Who has run a line for Lewis in the first 2 rounds? What kind of shift do we have when the forwards cant bend lines? A half is only a good as those around him and right now there Is nobody helping our halves because nobody knows what there bloody role is.

ITS ALL COACH!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lmao... Sorry but that's a crap statement. Who has run a line for Lewis in the first 2 rounds? What kind of shift do we have when the forwards cant bend lines? A half is only a good as those around him and right now there Is nobody helping our halves because nobody knows what there bloody role is.

ITS ALL COACH!
I disagree Lewis is a limited player with no passing game or running game. Granted he hasn’t been helped by the players around him but he’s never going to be a superstar. He could be a solid first grader though if he develops his passing and running.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Lachlan Lewis part made me laugh. I've been comparing his "talk" to Mbye since day dot and got bombarded as if I was Jamie Soward calling Dogs spoon contenders
Two try assists and could of been 3 try assists if Montarse held on to the ball. I thought our halves played well to be honest. Their work gets eroded away by our dumb arse forwards. If your forwards don’t do their job the halves have little to no chance of stamping their authority.

Back rower no.1 CHN - playing out of position in the middle when he should be playing on the edge, plods back onside with his back turned away, parra hooker sees the massive gap the size of the Burleigh heads open up and it’s a try under the posts.

Back rower no.2 Jackson - again playing out of position on the edge when he is clearly a no.13, thinks he’s a ball player, throws an intercept - try time

Back rower no.3 RFM - decides to throw another stupid pass in Lanes bread basket - try under the posts.

Not to mention the lack of intensity from Sue and fualolo, as soon as they came on and Napa and Tolman came off - BOOM parra flicked the switch.

IMO if our forwards set a better platform and toughen up in Defence, Lewis and Foran are more than capable of dominating the game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree Lewis is a limited player with no passing game or running game. Granted he hasn’t been helped by the players around him but he’s never going to be a superstar. He could be a solid first grader though if he develops his passing and running.
Please man stop... I cant believe u think he don't have a passing game. Im seriously shocked... without words...

All he needs in his game is yes a running game and bring in a dummy and go as well because right now everybody knows his always gonna pass. As I said..

ITS ALL COACH.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please man stop... I cant believe u think he don't have a passing game. Im seriously shocked... without words...

All he needs in his game is yes a running game and bring in a dummy and go as well because right now everybody knows his always gonna pass. As I said..

ITS ALL COACH.
He can throw a pass but it’s not his strong point. It definitely needs work. I’m not saying he’s a bad player just that he’s not the saviour that some on here thought he was. He will never go close to origin or anything like that.