Euthanasia

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
God bless Bro, it's painful. But I can say without our faith in God my Aunty and uncle would have necked them selves along with other family members.
I obviously come across very rude here, but I just see it as, how can you wanna end a life, like why would people fight for that right even if it's to stop someone from being in pain, even though most of the time drs are able to completely rid them from the pain. I just see it being abused as fuck if it does get legalised.
This is a touchy one so i wont say someone is wrong or right for beliefs on the subject.
If i was at stage of my life where illness consuming me and there was no getting better and pain was unbearable and i was a burden on my family id like to have the choice for the dr to come over and give me a few sleepy time pills then when im out shoot me up with something that ends me.
My grandfather is smashed with cancer atm and really should not be alive. There is fuck all that can be done hes at the end of the road.
So far his pain is managed to a certain degree if it gets to a point where everyday is pure agony, he should have the right to say fuck this end it if he chooses .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at it this way @Realist90 .
What if your mrs become a roosters fan, shaved her head decided she wanted to be a man and a k.d. lang impersonator and stood up for feminism even though she was now a he impersonating a she kd lang and become a vegan.
Wouldn't you like to have the right to euthanize it ?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Debate is healthy, but this isn't a normal topic. People need to realise what they're actually fighting for. Yes you may think it's to end ones agony but it is also a fight to legally end someone's life. I see major ethical and moral issues with this, forget religion.

I do not see how people feel hard done by or feel left out if they're not able to end a loved ones life. We are not dogs, we are not animals. We are humans.
I understand people won't have an issue ending a loved ones life prematurely to stop them from being in pain (which a lot of medicine these days counter act the pain and suffering anyway) but it's still ending a human life. That's what bugs me
I understand what you are saying completely...and I do respect your opinion towards this topic..I’m not in anyway dismissing your stance.. I just don’t agree with it.. The reason for this..is that being terminally ill must be a horrible state to be in..and I don’t have the right halt or judge their actions.. To me euthanasia is a deeply personal decision..that I haven’t a right to decide the outcome too..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck me !
Some of you *****, talking about shit you know nothing about ??
Come and talk to me when your dad, wearing diapers, asks you to shoot him by putting his finger to his temple, because he can’t open his mouth.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Debate is healthy, but this isn't a normal topic. People need to realise what they're actually fighting for. Yes you may think it's to end ones agony but it is also a fight to legally end someone's life.
What life ?
Just because someone’s breathing or their hearts beating, doesn’t mean they’re alive.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
For me it would need to be for extreme illness cases only. I can understand the case to allow it for people who say have terminal cancer or other illness and every day is painful and misery for the person and those around them, and there is no chance of recovery. Hospice level patients.

Technically euthenasia already happens. When someone is in an accident or through other means is in a vegatative state with no hope, people have the choice to turn off the life support machine, ending the suffering of the victim. Its exactly the same thing, because someone in that state is also terminally ill and has no life quality to speak of, just like many other terminal patients with various illnesses they want to legalise euthenasia for.

Also keep in mind even if its legal, you dont have to participate. There are many things that are legal that people dont participate in due to ethical or moral, or even religious reasons.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is a touchy one so i wont say someone is wrong or right for beliefs on the subject.
If i was at stage of my life where illness consuming me and there was no getting better and pain was unbearable and i was a burden on my family id like to have the choice for the dr to come over and give me a few sleepy time pills then when im out shoot me up with something that ends me.
My grandfather is smashed with cancer atm and really should not be alive. There is fuck all that can be done hes at the end of the road.
So far his pain is managed to a certain degree if it gets to a point where everyday is pure agony, he should have the right to say fuck this end it if he chooses .
I agree completely and think your comment is sensitively articulates. Great post.

Not great at all to hear about your grandfather. If recovery is out of the question, I hope he won’t suffer too long, mate.

Very best wishes to him and your family mate!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Most of those people aren’t “fighting” they have no choice, they’re “enduring”.
My dad was catholic, and a fucken hard-ass, but if I gave him a gun in the last couple of months, he’d have shot himself.
I'm only fighting because I have kids. I can pit my hand on the Holy Bible and swear I wouldn't of accepted the heart if i wasn't a father.

I would of just flown to Cancun, eat, drink, rack, smoke, party until I litterly dropped with a smile on on my face.

I wouldn't of directly killed myself because I'm Christian, but I would of passed the heart to a father or teenager.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Live and let die. Even that I am Christian and it's forbidden, I would vote to pass this law.

You think I didn't have the devil **** in my ear for the last 6 years tempting me to end it? In constant heavy duty pain that Endone couldn't help, the heart that was size of a racehorse and having total 7% use of both my lungs, fighting to breath, not being able to walk more that 2 mins or stand more than 4 mins. All from a airborne fucking virus? I was waking up crying every morning being upset I woke up. I was praying for God to end my life and meaning it.

I copped EVERY worst case scenario and named a condition and discovered 2 new symptoms and named them after me. Even after the new heart, EVERY worst case I have copped and still am coping it. I'll be the first **** in world history to need roids/defib/pacer after a transplant.

Just because I can't and proved I won't suicide, who am I to stop someone else choosing to? All I can do is pray that nobody has to face this ugly but real situation.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree completely and think your comment is sensitively articulates. Great post.

Not great at all to hear about your grandfather. If recovery is out of the question, I hope he won’t suffer too long, mate.

Very best wishes to him and your family mate!
Up until this year they weren't covered by anything through the government, he was in Hiroshima after the bomb doing clean up ect.
So many of him and his mates , nurse's died from cancers due to being on ground zero.
The government failed to acknowledge they were injured through bomb as it was allied forces that dropped it so it didn't count in their books as the nuclear testing that they did afterwards, that caused mass illness.
Not bad hey sending blokes who were kids to a nuclear wasteland and 70 odd years later .
Oh here heres a gold card.
He was one of the lucky ones who pretty much got to live a full life.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If you've ever seen someone in end stage terminal lung cancer.. you'd be 100% okay with euthanasia.

I have ... it aint pretty.
I've seen it bro, I know it's not pretty at all, I'm still against it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My Dad had MND for 5 long years.

Nothing worse than watching a loved one fucking struggle every day.

I thought about taking my dad's life to ease his pain.

And yes I would gone to jail & no I wouldn't have regretted taking his life or going to prison for it.

I sometimes regret not doing it.
What would your father have thought?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In Victoria the euthanasia laws just passed the upper house, they are becoming very close to been the first state to legalise it. Think the bill now has to go through the lower house or something along those lines.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not only do TPTB dictate how to live, they want to dictate how and when to die?

Fuck this world man, time for a reset.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“The Netherlands has moved from assisted suicide to euthanasia, from euthanasia for the terminally ill to euthanasia for the chronically ill, from euthanasia for physical illness to euthanasia for psychological distress, and from voluntary euthanasia to involuntary euthanasia called ‘termination of the patient without explicit request,’” quoted McCaig of Hendin.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...force-the-sick-to-be-euthanized-military-bish

slippery slope apparently

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not only do TPTB dictate how to live, they want to dictate how and when to die?

Fuck this world man, time for a reset.
They do, but this vote is kind of the other way around. TPTB have always wanted to dictate when you die by telling you that even though you're going to die in 6 months anyway, and even though it's going to be a long and painful death, you're still not allowed to choose when you die. The Victorian legislation changes that so people who have less than 6 months to live can choose to die.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
“The Netherlands has moved from assisted suicide to euthanasia, from euthanasia for the terminally ill to euthanasia for the chronically ill, from euthanasia for physical illness to euthanasia for psychological distress, and from voluntary euthanasia to involuntary euthanasia called ‘termination of the patient without explicit request,’” quoted McCaig of Hendin.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...force-the-sick-to-be-euthanized-military-bish

slippery slope apparently
Yeah.. that's not true at all.

Netherlands assisted suicide laws are a bit overboard but they can't terminate a patient without their request. That's just stupid and it's based on the recent dementia case where the pateint woke up confused during the operation. The court said that the Doctor did the wrong thing but made the mistake in good faith and it technically wasn't a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.