Euthanasia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My Dad had MND for 5 long years.

Nothing worse than watching a loved one fucking struggle every day.

I tbought about taking my dad's life to ease his pain.

And yes I would gone to jail & no I wouldn't have regretted taking his life or going to prison for it.

I sometimes regret not doing it.
Sorry to hear. MND is a terribly thing - just so degenerative.

You wouldn't have been the first child thinking the same thing, and you know you should not feel any guilt about such thoughts.

Sorry guys if this thread is opening any old wounds - its just something topical and was interested to hear people's views. But its also an issue that won't be away, especially as we live longer lives...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee..it’s a tough call.. I’ve often debated it in my head..Its such a personal decision..I make no judgment on people’s views or actions regarding this topic.. I don’t think you can judge unless you are in this horrible situation.. So therefore I’ve come to the conclusion that it should be legalised..to allow people to be free to make their own decision..whether it be nay or yay..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gee..it’s a tough call.. I’ve often debated it in my head..Its such a personal decision..I make no judgment on people’s views or actions regarding this topic.. I don’t think you can judge unless you are in this horrible situation.. So therefore I’ve come to the conclusion that it should be legalised..to allow people to be free to make their own decision..whether it be nay or yay..
Not everything needs to become legalised. Sometimes people need to be told no! What's next, legalising suicide clinics like they have in Sweden? This shit needs to stop.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not everything needs to become legalised. Sometimes people need to be told no! What's next, legalising suicide clinics like they have in Sweden? This shit needs to stop.
Bro honestly..sometimes things are leagalised for the purpose to protect..so that people aren’t taken advantage of.. I refer to people who are terminally ill.. Suicide clinics are in no way linked to this..that’s a whole different thing..that is more leaning to mental illness not physical ailments.. And really do you think someone who genuinely wants to commit suicide is going to go to a clinic??? They’d jump off the nearest bridge.. If they turn up to a clinic..it seems to me more a cry for help..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro honestly..sometimes things are leagalised for the purpose to protect..so that people aren’t taken advantage of.. I refer to people who are terminally ill.. Suicide clinics are in no way linked to this..that’s a whole different thing..that is more leaning to mental illness not physical ailments.. And really do you think someone who genuinely wants to commit suicide is going to go to a clinic??? They’d jump off the nearest bridge.. If they turn up to a clinic..it seems to me more a cry for help..
You say it's not connected, but this thread was bumped because of ssm being voted to be legalised. People won't stop, it's all about what the individual wants, and coz the individuals know that if you scream loud and cry loud enough the weak government will give in. When does wanting to legalise everything stop? Are we going to legalise murder soon? Before you laugh, why is it hard to believe that could happen? Could be like oh we killed him because we knew he was going to hurt someone and we killed out of love!
Just everyone take a fkn step back, all this wanting shit changed based on individuals wants who aren't even qualified to have a fkn opinion in the media are getting air time and fucking everyone's brains up. And as humans were fucken sheep we just follow what's popular. And then cry later after an atrocity happens due to humans taking shit too far.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You say it's not connected, but this thread was bumped because of ssm being voted to be legalised. People won't stop, it's all about what the individual wants, and coz the individuals know that if you scream loud and cry loud enough the weak government will give in. When does wanting to legalise everything stop? Are we going to legalise murder soon? Before you laugh, why is it hard to believe that could happen? Could be like oh we killed him because we knew he was going to hurt someone and we killed out of love!
Just everyone take a fkn step back, all this wanting shit changed based on individuals wants who aren't even qualified to have a fkn opinion in the media are getting air time and fucking everyone's brains up. And as humans were fucken sheep we just follow what's popular. And then cry later after an atrocity happens due to humans taking shit too far.
I think a large part of western society is becoming fed up with having religious based views/laws pushed upon them when large amounts of them are not religious at all. Euthanasia for example, this doesn't affect the catholic church(or any other religion) , if you are against it and it offends you, than simply never engage in it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think a large part of western society is becoming fed up with having religious based views/laws pushed upon them when large amounts of them are not religious at all. Euthanasia for example, this doesn't affect the catholic church(or any other religion) , if you are against it and it offends you, than simply never engage in it.
Having been in that situation I just don't see how someone could do it. It's not just a religious thing, on a moral level I think it's wrong.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep again, we see who is pushing their views on others.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Um no..you have gone off on a rant without considering what I have written..these are terminally ill people..they are going to die.. If they want to go out they should be allowed.. it’s not some decision made on a whim..and not all will decide to do it..I wouldn’t..

But some people just have enough of shiting and pissing themselves..having catheters shoved up their uretha..or drips bruising their arms or legs.. having total strangers wiping their arse for em..they have had enough of the pain..enough of feeling like a burden..even though their love ones love em..but control and dignity for them is thrown out the fucking door.. If they don’t want to choke to death on their spit like MMD or in delirious pain like cancer patients..as far I’m concerned they should have a choice.. And we don’t have no right to stop em.. your examples are ludicrous..the reasons for euthanasia are not about taking your life..it’s about ending agony and the fear of the certainty of a painful..inevitable death..

Oh..and by the way debate about euthanasia has been a long standing one..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Um no..you have gone off on a rant without considering what I have written..these are terminally ill people..they are going to die.. If they want to go out they should be allowed.. it’s not some decision made on a whim..and not all will decide to do it..I wouldn’t..

But some people just have enough of shiting and pissing themselves..having catheters shoved up their uretha..or drips bruising their arms or legs.. having total strangers wiping their arse for em..they have had enough of the pain..enough of feeling like a burden..even though their love ones love em..but control and dignity for them is thrown out the fucking door.. If they don’t want to choke to death on their spit like MMD or in delirious pain like cancer patients..as far I’m concerned they should have a choice.. And we don’t have no right to stop em.. your examples are ludicrous..the reasons for euthanasia are not about taking your life..it’s about ending agony and the fear of the certainty of a painful..inevitable death..

Oh..and by the way debate about euthanasia has been a long standing one..
It has been a long standing debate but it's not a coincidence it's been bumped by that specific person lol.
Like I said, I've been in the position of having someone close to me being terminally I'll, you can do research on it, she had a mitochondrial disease. Vomiting and choking blood, blood coming from where blood shouldn't come from. Don't get me into this thanks. I just had my Aunty over with her new baby.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Having been in that situation I just don't see how someone could do it. It's not just a religious thing, on a moral level I think it's wrong.
Thankfully i have never been in the situation and hopefully i never will be.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thankfully i have never been in the situation and hopefully i never will be.
God bless Bro, it's painful. But I can say without our faith in God my Aunty and uncle would have necked them selves along with other family members.
I obviously come across very rude here, but I just see it as, how can you wanna end a life, like why would people fight for that right even if it's to stop someone from being in pain, even though most of the time drs are able to completely rid them from the pain. I just see it being abused as fuck if it does get legalised.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It has been a long standing debate but it's not a coincidence it's been bumped by that specific person lol.
Like I said, I've been in the position of having someone close to me being terminally I'll, you can do research on it, she had a mitochondrial disease. Vomiting and choking blood, blood coming from where blood shouldn't come from. Don't get me into this thanks. I just had my Aunty over with her new baby.
Hey you chose to comment..I merely responded to your reply to me.. And I can not begin to fathom your loss..it saddens me deeply..it really does..I mean that bro..and nor do I condemn or ridicule your choice to not support euthanasia..but that is your choice..others who don’t agree should have a choice too..

And to me debate is healthy..I can’t see a problem of bumping a thread in light of another topic..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
God bless Bro, it's painful. But I can say without our faith in God my Aunty and uncle would have necked them selves along with other family members.
I obviously come across very rude here, but I just see it as, how can you wanna end a life, like why would people fight for that right even if it's to stop someone from being in pain, even though most of the time drs are able to completely rid them from the pain. I just see it being abused as fuck if it does get legalised.
See you have comfort and faith in God..some people aren’t as steadfast in their convictions as you and your family.. Makes a difference without such beliefs..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My Dad had MND for 5 long years.

Nothing worse than watching a loved one fucking struggle every day.

I thought about taking my dad's life to ease his pain.

And yes I would gone to jail & no I wouldn't have regretted taking his life or going to prison for it.

I sometimes regret not doing it.
Sorry to hear Kaz. A friend recently went through the same thing with his dad. His dad wanted to die, everyone just wanted him to be out of his misery but the government says No.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey you chose to comment..I merely responded to your reply to me.. And I can not begin to fathom your loss..it saddens me deeply..it really does..I mean that bro..and nor do I condemn or ridicule your choice to not support euthanasia..but that is your choice..others who don’t agree should have a choice too..

And to me debate is healthy..I can’t see a problem of bumping a thread in light of another topic..
Debate is healthy, but this isn't a normal topic. People need to realise what they're actually fighting for. Yes you may think it's to end ones agony but it is also a fight to legally end someone's life. I see major ethical and moral issues with this, forget religion.

I do not see how people feel hard done by or feel left out if they're not able to end a loved ones life. We are not dogs, we are not animals. We are humans.
I understand people won't have an issue ending a loved ones life prematurely to stop them from being in pain (which a lot of medicine these days counter act the pain and suffering anyway) but it's still ending a human life. That's what bugs me

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There definitely has to be very solid legislation on it. Many countries have done it right but some have done it wrong. It's very important that it requires informed consent and psychological testing. You can't just have people saying "I feel a little depressed. Stick a needle in me"

I strongly support euthanasia but I also believe there should be very strong legislation on it to protect people from themselves.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Debate is healthy, but this isn't a normal topic. People need to realise what they're actually fighting for. Yes you may think it's to end ones agony but it is also a fight to legally end someone's life. I see major ethical and moral issues with this, forget religion.

I do not see how people feel hard done by or feel left out if they're not able to end a loved ones life. We are not dogs, we are not animals. We are humans.
I understand people won't have an issue ending a loved ones life prematurely to stop them from being in pain (which a lot of medicine these days counter act the pain and suffering anyway) but it's still ending a human life. That's what bugs me
In most countries with euthanasia the decision comes down to the patient, not the family. Usually a person can only choose to end the suffering while they are of sound mind.

In the case of dementia this means that the patient says while they still have their wits that they want the doctors to end it when they deteriorate too much.

If the patient slips into full dementia and hasn't asked ahead of time then the patient and the family can't authorise it.

I believe there may be one of two countries that work off the family's consent but I can't think of them right now.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Check @Hacky McAxe post above about the strong legaslation, i won't repeat typing the same thing but he summed it up very well (well summed it up exactly how i feel about the subject anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.