Etiquette for mates that get divorced and remarried

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue boost just don't buy a wedding gift.

Be like me and do not really associate with people so no one can expect anything from you.

Renters are relentless when it comes to mooching off us from upper society!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue boost just don't buy a wedding gift.

Be like me and do not really associate with people so no one can expect anything from you.

Renters are relentless when it comes to mooching off us from upper society!
Your always welcome at one of my parties, I just know a good person from a bullshit bastard.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Just not Realist90 or PowerfulWhaman, there's already more than enough of that going around ;)
I don't hate women.
People say the female orgasm is a myth?

Lol I bet my life guys who've said that,are grossed out by vaginas the way obese women are grossed out by their own vag?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just buy them a cheap tv, and be done with it.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I need a bit of help on this topic as people that get divorced and remarried are usually strongly in the renters camp and I do t have much to do with them

Anyhow my mate is a home owner and was married, got divorced and now Getting remarried

I have a few questions as to the proper etiquette

When he was married i bought him and his then wife a very generous gift. He's a good mate. But at the time the gift was supposed to be apportioned over the rest of their life. But he got divorced after maybe 2-3 years.

So with his new marriage do I have to get him another gift?

Do I ask for a reimbursement for the years of the previous marriage he didn't complete?

Do I buy him a gift in anticipation it will only last 2-3 years? Hence a much smaller gift.?

Renters out there help me deal with this confusing issue, it's just not where I'm best trained at.
2nd wedding mate, absolutely no need for another gift, the couple shouldn’t even ask for one - that would be some solid etiquette to start with from them...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing how etiquette goes out the window for people getting married. They think everyone is over joyed to see them get married.

Years back I was invited to an overseas wedding. Begrudgingly I booked my flights and accommodation and 2 weeks out they called it off. So I lost all the money..

Same bloke a few years later calls another wedding (to someone else), overseas wedding again. What sort of etiquette is that after he f##ked everyone over the first time.

Fool me once shame on you but to be fooled again?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's amazing how etiquette goes out the window for people getting married. They think everyone is over joyed to see them get married.

Years back I was invited to an overseas wedding. Begrudgingly I booked my flights and accommodation and 2 weeks out they called it off. So I lost all the money..

Same bloke a few years later calls another wedding (to someone else), overseas wedding again. What sort of etiquette is that after he f##ked everyone over the first time.

Fool me once shame on you but to be fooled again?
You're crying because you lost what... $1500 on flights? Can you imagine how much the bride and groom lost not having a wedding they already paid for? Besides, what was stopping you from going overseas? You already booked the flights, just because they weren't getting married doesn't mean you couldn't have gone to the place anyway on a mini holiday.

Another thing... people who have destination weddings usually only invite those close to them. It shows me that he holds you in high regard, yet you think less of him!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
another quality thread,this place has bottomed out.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're crying because you lost what... $1500 on flights? Can you imagine how much the bride and groom lost not having a wedding they already paid for? Besides, what was stopping you from going overseas? You already booked the flights, just because they weren't getting married doesn't mean you couldn't have gone to the place anyway on a mini holiday.

Another thing... people who have destination weddings usually only invite those close to them. It shows me that he holds you in high regard, yet you think less of him!
It's a big ask for someone to travel overseas for a destination wedding. It cost me more than. $1500. I paid for a few people and included accommodation. Maybe $5k

Big whoop if the bride and groom lost money. It was their own decision to cancel the wedding not mine.

Yes I agree they hold me in high regard to invite but it's very disrespectful to make you incur the cost and they aren't even sure if they want to get married (it was cancelled)

Then have the nerve to invite you again overseas for a second round. At least the 2nd time do something small, local. Aren't they embarrassed enough?

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's a big ask for someone to travel overseas for a destination wedding. It cost me more than. $1500. I paid for a few people and included accommodation. Maybe $5k

Big whoop if the bride and groom lost money. It was their own decision to cancel the wedding not mine.

Yes I agree they hold me in high regard to invite but it's very disrespectful to make you incur the cost and they aren't even sure if they want to get married (it was cancelled)

Then have the nerve to invite you again overseas for a second round. At least the 2nd time do something small, local. Aren't they embarrassed enough?
As I said earlier, no one's got a gun to your head forcing you to go. And who's fault was it that you paid for a few people and their accommodation?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2nd wedding mate, absolutely no need for another gift, the couple shouldn’t even ask for one - that would be some solid etiquette to start with from them...
This 100% we had engagement parties recently 2 years ago now, bought both couples $500+ really close friends etc whatever great they're getting married let's shower them in gifts.

Not even 6 months later proceeds to break up, tells my misses I never wanted it anyway meets another guy just 4 weeks later knocked up within a month after being with the last for 5+ years mind you no kids. And now after just 12 months planning another one and expects the same treatment in gifts about what they will want. FUCK OFF. Putting my money where my mouth is and non attending at all. If she had any kind of etiquette she would say oh no gifts. Told my misses if she gets her anything (Bridal party) I will flip my shit.

The engagement party cost fuck all and they didn't pay for it anyway. 90% of the last few weddings I've been to seem like nothing but fucking hand out conventions paid for by the parents.

Wahesh

Reaction score
This 100% we had engagement parties recently 2 years ago now, bought both couples $500+ really close friends etc whatever great they're getting married let's shower them in gifts.

Not even 6 months later proceeds to break up, tells my misses I never wanted it anyway meets another guy just 4 weeks later knocked up within a month after being with the last for 5+ years mind you no kids. And now after just 12 months planning another one and expects the same treatment in gifts about what they will want. FUCK OFF. Putting my money where my mouth is and non attending at all. If she had any kind of etiquette she would say oh no gifts. Told my misses if she gets her anything (Bridal party) I will flip my shit.

The engagement party cost fuck all and they didn't pay for it anyway. 90% of the last few weddings I've been to seem like nothing but fucking hand out conventions paid for by the parents.
Sorry mate, it's not what you say but how you say it. I know it's serious post but couldn't help but LOL at the bold bit :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Love that Aussie slang.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Precise knows what he's talking about. He knows it's bullshit