Etiquette for mates that get divorced and remarried

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking about you specifically but renters in general. Below doesn't apply to all but a good majority.

I think home ownership is within reach of all, but it takes discipline, a few sacrifices, planning and a mindset to accumulate money and make sensible decisions. These type of people generally get luck go their way as they plan, anticipate and influence an outcome. Wealth builds wealth, there is constant progress and provides freedom and happiness.

On the other hand, renters are perceived to not being able to manage their money, to squander their money as soon as they see it, buy items that basically are disposable, pay unnecessary Interest for "must have" purchases to give them a perception they are doing well, likely smoke and drink and live beyond their means, but it all catches up with them, they open themselves up to chance / gambling for a silver bullet solution and feel hard done by as things seem to go against them. At the end of the year their isn't much to show for their work. So they are no closer to freedom as the money isn't there. Whilst the home owners are surging away financially

It's a mindset, nothing to do with what people own or not. Renting is more an outcome of different thinking. When we all come out of school ,s not many have much to start with but fast forward 15 years and you quickly see who made something for themselves and who is wasting their time. those decisions.

At a job interview, first question I'd ask if people own or rent (in an indirect question). One of the answers would end the interview there and then.

I wish I could go into schools and teach this to kids, they would all come out level headed.
There are many reasons to rent and that has nothing to do with ones ability to manage money. Your statement is ludicrous and doesn’t take into account that everybody’s situation is different. Also owning a home is a good asset to have if it’s affordable for you but it isn’t the only way to build wealth.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many reasons to rent and that has nothing to do with ones ability to manage money. Your statement is ludicrous and doesn’t take into account that everybody’s situation is different. Also owning a home is a good asset to have if it’s affordable for you but it isn’t the only way to build wealth.
Like I said not all renters can't manage their money but I don't think too many are out there accumulating wealth either.

You might be a good renter (unicorn), we dunno

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when your balls get bigger than normal, is it wee or sticky white love piss ?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You should totally do a school tour blue balls, you'd make some heads explode with your renting vs buying insight and innovative ideas
I can already see him in those late night infomercials which targets insomniacs.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can already see him in those late night infomercials which targets insomniacs.
Move over Chuck Norris total gym.

I'm coming to late night tv, "the rent blaster".. it's a find a word style gameshow where renters call at 2am to identify the words like "cash" "save" "good. credit" I'll explain the terms when they find them and they win a case of beer or $50 in a bank account, see which they pick. I'll brand them with a hot iron if they pick the beer and maybe after a few months they learn to start to take the bank account. :grinning:

Maybe show secret footage of their landlords laughing hysterically at the mugs paying off their mortgages.

Let's blast bad credit

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, you do realise that this is likely horses alt account, right?

In case it is not, @OP the best gift you could give me, if I was a good friend of yours, is no longer be my friend!
Truth be know, the guy probably can't stand you, has tried to politely advise you of such, yet you're too thick to realise this and cling on, thinking you're the hero he needs!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Move over Chuck Norris total gym.

I'm coming to late night tv, "the rent blaster".. it's a find a word style gameshow where renters call at 2am to identify the words like "cash" "save" "good. credit" I'll explain the terms when they find them and they win a case of beer or $50 in a bank account, see which they pick. I'll brand them with a hot iron if they pick the beer and maybe after a few months they learn to start to take the bank account. :grinning:

Maybe show secret footage of their landlords laughing hysterically at the mugs paying off their mortgages.

Let's blast bad credit
Show videos of their landlords down at the local leagues club laughing it up drinking alcohol and having a slap on the pokies!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw @Blue_boost

You must start and finish every new scene of the infomercial by saying in your best broken Asian accent
“Come to my seminar “

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Don't you buy a wedding gift once for a new couple?.

Ie the same couple cannot ask for a wedding gift the following year. Hence your gift is for the duration of their marriage which they declared in front of you "till death do us part"

Hence your gift is to be amortised until death do them part..

If they decide in 2 years to change their mind, I'd like 48/50 years apportionment of the gift back.

Then if they marry again I reconsider a new gift.

But they cannot bank my first gift and then hold their hand out for another gift?
That's not how it works. Generally, the wedding gift of cash is meant to subsidise whatever is spent on the wedding itself. Anything left over (if there is, which will really be bottom of the barrel scrapings) won't be enough to buy much.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not how it works. Generally, the wedding gift of cash is meant to subsidise whatever is spent on the wedding itself. Anything left over (if there is, which will really be bottom of the barrel scrapings) won't be enough to buy much.
Wherever they apply the money is irrelevant. It's a once off marriage not every couple of years expense.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a renter so get fucked and work it out yourself :tongueclosed:
See that's the thing I'm not a renter either so in our world we don't know much about divorce and re marriage and gift etiquette.

It's because most marriage troubles stem from financial pressure and frankly that's what renters bring to the table with their squandering of money as soon as they see it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
See that's the thing I'm not a renter either so in our world we don't know much about divorce and re marriage and gift etiquette.

It's because most marriage troubles stem from financial pressure and frankly that's what renters bring to the table with their squandering of money as soon as they see it.
This I don’t agree with.
Ones decision to divorce doesn’t make a difference with financial status.

I get what you’re saying here though.
There’s more pressure on a relationship failing if you’re not living in a stable environment that is a given!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This I don’t agree with.
Ones decision to divorce doesn’t make a difference with financial status.

I get what you’re saying here though.
There’s more pressure on a relationship failing if you’re not living in a stable environment that is a given!
Not just relationships but general happiness. Financial pressure diminishes ones freedom. How many go to work because they love it rather than the money they need to live.

The more money you accumulate the less reliance on having to go to work to earn a buck, more likely to be involved in doing things you love to do.

Money = freedom = happiness

no money = no freedom = worries

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not just relationships but general happiness. Financial pressure diminishes ones freedom. How many go to work because they love it rather than the money they need to live.

The more money you accumulate the less reliance on having to go to work to earn a buck, more likely to be involved in doing things you love to do.

Not necessarily.

Homeless people - probably don't have a dollar to their name yet have no worries whatsoever. Their biggest problem is trying to keep themselves warm on a winter night.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

How about
money = freedom = happiness = overeating = fat = disease = early death
= dam should’ve sold my house and rented

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is renting a house makes me any different than you?
You do know that you never own your property right?
I like this reply lol.. well done .!!