Ethan Quai-Ward top 30 effective immediately

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noticed this kid wasn’t selected for Souths Logan Magpies for this weeks game….

Not sure if it’s been made official from the Dogs, but I’d say he’ll be in Dogs colours from Rd.13

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Noticed this kid wasn’t selected for Souths Logan Magpies for this weeks game….

Not sure if it’s been made official from the Dogs, but I’d say he’ll be in Dogs colours from Rd.13
It does say in article that we signed him effective immediately.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What was his saying.... "you need 6 props, 2 on the field, 2 on the bench and 2 suspended" lol
Not sure who said it the other day… but maybe CC see’s the game differently & maybe the first coach in history to carry 4 backs on the bench?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure who said it the other day… but maybe CC see’s the game differently & maybe the first coach in history to carry 4 backs on the bench?
He might be seeing something in the data, wingers or “backs” are now making 150-200m a game and it’s becoming important - potentially tapping into that methodology?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might be seeing something in the data, wingers or “backs” are now making 150-200m a game and it’s becoming important - potentially tapping into that methodology?
Well it seems like this year we've compensated for our forwards by having our backs take the ball up quite a lot.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting, makes me think we won't keep both Avo and Alomoti
Or we need him to play fullback for a spell. One or two good centres have made good fullbacks. Or is that one or two fullbacks have made good centres... Either way, it's where I'd put him, given centre isn't somewhere we've got glaring issues at the moment

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or we need him to play fullback for a spell. One or two good centres have made good fullbacks. Or is that one or two fullbacks have made good centres... Either way, it's where I'd put him, given centre isn't somewhere we've got glaring issues at the moment
Agreed. Hopefully Skelton or Wilson get a run on the wing and give Kiraz a shot at centre, he has the strength and offload to be a wingers dream

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Especially knowing Xerri is coming too, it’s unusual unless it’s a potential replacement for Skelton? Something tells me he’s going back to Rugby….could be the reason he’s “out of favour” - or at least it seems.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Especially knowing Xerri is coming too, it’s unusual unless it’s a potential replacement for Skelton? Something tells me he’s going back to Rugby….could be the reason he’s “out of favour” - or at least it seems.
It does seem that way, although he had suspensions at the worst possible times

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Skelton puts up similar numbers. But we still don’t use him. Lol.
There’s probably something more to it… I have a feeling he’s been signed by Rugby or a rival club, he’s clearly out of favour and doesn’t celebrate tries with the same vigour as once did. Or, could be defensive lapses or a fitness issue, who knows… but this QCup bloke making 240m in a game of footy is doing something right.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not necessarily. He has a better pathway to NRL playing four our C Cup team with the same system and coaching structures as FG. So maybe he sees it this way too and will be happy playing cup until his gets his chance. That's my take. But who knows.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won"t have to be a superstar to get a run in this side!