Ethan Quai-Ward top 30 effective immediately

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus signed Preston from NSW Cup and Wilson from Q Cup.. Q Cup is a great standard. If Gus thinks he's worth taking a chance on for a cheap deal, then give him a chance. If he doesn't pan out, it's no loss.. We need more talent period regardless of position. We've signed Sele and I'm sure more forward signings are coming.
Definitely signed him? Not questioning your sources credibility but is it a good one and often right?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Comes straight into centre to take Avo’s spot who is mid season trade to Saints in exchange for Hunt. No source, just talking sh!t, but know that Saints were interested in Avo and us in Hunt.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Certainly not the priority but we do need 2 powerful tackle breaking metre eaters in the centres.

Hopefully Xerri can bring both speed and power as well ..

I’m sure Gus and coaches have recognised we’ve been getting out muscled, hence the reason they’re looking at players like Ethan Quai-Blake and Hame Sele, I’m sure there’s others they’re in discussions with especially props ..

I’m not unhappy about this signing .. he wouldn’t have cost us much, maybe they could be looking at moving Averillo to FB and bringing this kid into the centres ?

View attachment 71952
You’re like a dog with a bone about big centres, lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly not the priority but we do need 2 powerful tackle breaking metre eaters in the centres.

Hopefully Xerri can bring both speed and power as well ..

I’m sure Gus and coaches have recognised we’ve been getting out muscled, hence the reason they’re looking at players like Ethan Quai-Blake and Hame Sele, I’m sure there’s others they’re in discussions with especially props ..

I’m not unhappy about this signing .. he wouldn’t have cost us much, maybe they could be looking at moving Averillo to FB and bringing this kid into the centres ?

View attachment 71952
Looks great in that photo... especially playing against under 11's

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lump of a lad... Ive got an unrobotic Waddell/Okunbor vibes with decent hands though.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re like a dog with a bone about big centres, lol.
True ..

I’ve watched the teams that have kicked our ass for the last month or so ..

The biggest factor in those losses was bigger bodies, aggression and power, not just from the forwards but also from the centres wingers and FB ..

Have you seen where we are on the ladder ?

Now take a look at the teams above us on that ladder and ask yourself who we’re truely capable of beating at the moment, and then ask yourself why we can’t beat them ?

If you think JAC, Kikau & Thompson back in the pack would elevate that position back up into the 8, think again ..

If we want to mix it with the top 6 and win, we need to get more size and power all over the park and have teams start fearing us again, sorry Alamoti & Averillo don’t have what we need right now .. one’s a half and the other over time might be more suited to playing in the backs ..

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True ..

I’ve watched the teams that have kicked our ass for the last month or so ..

The biggest factor in those losses was bigger bodies, aggression and power, not just from the forwards but also from the centres wingers and FB ..

Have you seen where we are on the ladder ?

Now take a look at the teams above us on that ladder and ask yourself who we’re truely capable of beating at the moment, and then ask yourself why we can’t beat them ?

If you think JAC, Kikau & Thompson back in the pack would elevate that position back up into the 8, think again ..

If we want to mix it with the top 6 and win, we need to get more size and power all over the park and have teams start fearing us again, sorry Alamoti & Averillo don’t have what we need right now .. one’s a half and the other over time might be more suited to playing in the backs ..
he appears to have the body type that most top tier team backlines have that get good yardage from their end.
His signing I guess hampers Skeltons chances in the top grade.
Must be not fulfilling his assignments in reserves to Ciraldos liking.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lump of a lad... Ive got an unrobotic Waddell/Okunbor vibes with decent hands though.
Funny that, because I’ve got a diamond in the rough Preston type vibe about him ..

Either way, the clubs doing the right thing by going out there and grabbing these kids with potential on the cheap and giving them a go and seeing what they can do.

Have you read the story on Nico Hynes … on how he was going nowhere, and then Melbourne plucked him out of the Cowboys lower grades and gave him a shot.

What Gus is doing grabbing these type of players and giving them their shot is the key to us becoming successful again ..

Love how we’re sitting in second last place and everyone’s so picky and choosy about new players the clubs bringing in on the cheap to try and turn things around.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he appears to have the body type that most top tier team backlines have that get good yardage from their end.
His signing I guess hampers Skeltons chances in the top grade.
Must be not fulfilling his assignments in reserves to Ciraldos liking.
Yeah I don’t know what the story is with Skelton, a lot on here rate him but people on here can get a hard on for a player and then rip him a new one after one bad game … but something must be amiss with him ..

Skelton seems to have that bigger body type as well, maybe fitness, speed, defence, lateral movement, not sure.

But damn I’d love to see us have 2 talented bigger bodied powerful tackle breaking centres in our team that hate everything and everyone ..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny that, because I’ve got a diamond in the rough Preston type vibe about him ..

Either way, the clubs doing the right thing by going out there and grabbing these kids with potential on the cheap and giving them a go and seeing what they can do.

Have you read the story on Nico Hynes … on how he was going nowhere, and then Melbourne plucked him out of the Cowboys lower grades and gave him a shot.

What Gus is doing grabbing these type of players and giving them their shot is the key to us becoming successful again ..

Love how we’re sitting in second last place and everyone’s so picky and choosy about new players the clubs bringing in on the cheap to try and turn things around.
You mean last place, are you watching West's carve up the cowgirls...guess what West win we are coming last.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean last place, are you watching West's carve up the cowgirls...guess what West win we are coming last.
Unfortunately I am … and I mention we need to make changes, get better centres, more muscle up front, more power and aggression in the team and people aren’t happy about changes that glaringly need to be made ..

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another back. Where are the forwards... I give a pass mark to King, Preston and Mahoney, Edwards is outside top 30, the remainder are not value for money. Avo to 1, this bloke to centre.