No Source Ethan Parry

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just been released by Parramatta. Was an absolute gun centre / fullback / winger in the lower grades.
Would be a great addition to the Doggies.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s from my home town Tamworth. Remember seeing him around when we were younger. Good lad, scored 2 tries in his 2 nrl games. Wouldn’t hurt to make a play for him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How does a gun get released (bar seeing him in the starting line-up a couple of times for the Eels I don't know anything about him, so I can't say he's a gun or not)? He must already have another club lined up that's going to give him more opportunity?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have liked what I have seen from him so I had a look at the Parra forums and they think he lacks pace and has defensive issues.

He has a great junior career and seems to have some size about him.

I wouldn't mind if the club gave him a deal for the rest of this year.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Saw a post on some Supercoach page suggesting he was with us now.

Reading up on him, looks as though he wasn't living up to they hype.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have liked what I have seen from him so I had a look at the Parra forums and they think he lacks pace and has defensive issues.

Doesn’t really lack pace he scored a nice try from a kick beating a few players might of been against the eagles. Looked pretty quick then.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t really lack pace he scored a nice try from a kick beating a few players might of been against the eagles. Looked pretty quick then.
They have probably seen him more then scoring one try. Who knows.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A centre/winger who lacks pace and has defensive issues, we don’t need him already got Montoya and Holland who excel in running slowly and making poor defensive decisions

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks another Meaney to me... Though he reminds me of Gutherson coming through the grades.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting, seems like we don’t need him though.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be good, better off with luke metcalf if looking for a young gun or kyle feldt as a solid gun winger/ goalkicker

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

He did look good in the two games I seen him play and thought he had a big future but then again I thought the same about Jonathan Wright when he was at Parra and then we signed him and he was ok but didn’t exactly fulfil his potential and set the league world on fire, he was a handy winger but only a good finnisher. Didn’t get involved enough, however Parry seemed to be hungry so is worth a punt and a lower tier contract to start with.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He did look good in the two games I seen him play and thought he had a big future but then again I thought the same about Jonathan Wright when he was at Parra and then we signed him and he was ok but didn’t exactly fulfil his potential and set the league world on fire, he was a handy winger but only a good finnisher. Didn’t get involved enough, however Parry seemed to be hungry so is worth a punt and a lower tier contract to start with.
I thought the same as you when I watched him play and was surprised to see what the Parra fans were staying about him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We can't rely on a recruitment strategy of picking up other teams discards.

don't get me wrong, sometimes players are let go unfairly or Underutilised or mishandled, but you don't pick up a discard who goes onto be Andrew Johns or Ben Kennedy. Discarded players end up Discarded elsewhere most of the time or at absolute best case end up becoming NRL Staples that don't kick on to higher honours. And the bulldogs are in the market for star quality not moneyball value. Parry would be better for a Broncos type team who are slim on cash and can afford to take gambles due to strengths elsewhere.
Obviously this strategy doesn't go for players Who teams can't hold onto for salary cap constraints, ala John Bateman situation. That's a different story and one we need to take advantage of, and behavioural discards which needs to be looked at case by case.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the same as you when I watched him play and was surprised to see what the Parra fans were staying about him.
Indeed, thanks for getting that feedback from Parra’s forum it was very surprising I must admit. Perhaps he just needs a change of clubs to reignite that hunger in him, time will tell...

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We can't rely on a recruitment strategy of picking up other teams discards.

don't get me wrong, sometimes players are let go unfairly or Underutilised or mishandled, but you don't pick up a discard who goes onto be Andrew Johns or Ben Kennedy. Discarded players end up Discarded elsewhere most of the time or at absolute best case end up becoming NRL Staples that don't kick on to higher honours. And the bulldogs are in the market for star quality not moneyball value. Parry would be better for a Broncos type team who are slim on cash and can afford to take gambles due to strengths elsewhere.
Obviously this strategy doesn't go for players Who teams can't hold onto for salary cap constraints, ala John Bateman situation. That's a different story and one we need to take advantage of, and behavioural discards which needs to be looked at case by case.
Ah but then again sometimes you do eg the Cowboys picking up our discard in the future immortal Jonathan Thurston! And we did discard him there’s no doubt about that, he wanted to stay with us and was willing to accept less to do so.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah but then again sometimes you do eg the Cowboys picking up our discard in the future immortal Jonathan Thurston! And we did discard him there’s no doubt about that, he wanted to stay with us and was willing to accept less to do so.
No the JT situation was exactly my point about regretful discards due to salary cap issues (and a behavioural concern).

Dogs wanted him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Although now I think about it, we were guilty of one disastrous discard, Damien fucking Cook!