Eric Grothe Jr.Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
PARRAMATTA winger Eric Grothe has retired from the NRL this morning.

The former Origin star told his team mates and coach Stephen Kearney of his decision last night.

The blockbusting winger has been struggling in pre-season training with the knee injury that kept him out for much of last season.

It is a massive blow for the Eels, who will also be without Timana Tahu next year.

They had already lost Kristen Inu from last season't three-quarter line.

The Eels will put out a statement later today to announce his retirement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-parramatta-eels/story-e6frfgbo-1225970059995

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You might not rate him but I definitely do (even though hes weak defensively) anyway I wish him all the best and I'm glad he's not playing for another team.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
parra need the cash to chase inglis, or pay out tahu

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
Let's take a look at Parra's ins and outs for next season, shall we?

LOSSES: Nathan Cayless, Feleti Mateo, Krisnan Inu, Kris Keating, Jonathan Wright, Eric Grothe Jr, Timana Tahu
GAINS: Carl Webb, Reni Maitua (can't play until mid-season due to drugs ban), Brad Murray, Paki Afu, Jordan Atkins, Casey McGuire

So in other words they've lost a number of their central players and have made mostly indifferent signings. Hmm.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Is it me or are the players at Parramatta droppin like flies?

There are some serious problems with this club and the loss of Eric isn't too good either.

M

mongoose

carl webbs idea of training is eating a 6 pack of four n twenty meat pies.

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it me or are the players at Parramatta droppin like flies?

There are some serious problems with this club and the loss of Eric isn't too good either.
It's just you :p

Who dropped ? Tahu- serious emotional/personal issues, that's hardly anything to do with our club and now Grothe. Grothe has just a bad run with injuries and he spent most of the year injured. Were just very unlucky ATM, don't think it says anything about our club. I can see why you guys are creaming yourselves over this though and I would be happy too if it was happening to you guys.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
They dont even train on the bikes no wonder they cant recover from injuries

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He can play his guitar at games to try attract some bigger crowds on losing streaks

M

mongoose

to say that tahu has issues is the understatement of the year.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
it's just grothe lol. Better to put a junior in anyways. Grothe is passed it with all those injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.