EPL complaining about 15k empty seats in 60k staduim

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is a big deal in the EPL, would love to be seeing stories like this in the NRL. ANZ Stadium crowds are embarrassing to the sport

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We cant even match AFL crowds

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
We cant even match AFL crowds
League is made for TV. All the action generally happens within a 20m rectangle (play the ball in the middle and sides 10m either side of the play the ball).

AFL is a dogs breakfast on TV which forces people to the ground to get the most of the viewing experience.

Same with soccer. Keepers and players regularly boot the ball 40-50m at a time. Again, watching this on TV is difficult, and being at the ground gives you the best viewing experience.

Not making excuses, but I'm saying the games are entirely different when it comes to being at the ground versus TV.

The other point I'd make is that the AFL are FAR BETTER at generating loyalty for individual clubs. Can you imagine the uproar if a club made a single change to it's jersey? Collingwood's jersey has remained largely unchanged for what....125 years now?

NRL clubs have about 25 different jerseys made every season. Zero consistency in brand and no wonder fans have less loyalty and dedication.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
League is made for TV. All the action generally happens within a 20m rectangle (play the ball in the middle and sides 10m either side of the play the ball).

AFL is a dogs breakfast on TV which forces people to the ground to get the most of the viewing experience.

Same with soccer. Keepers and players regularly boot the ball 40-50m at a time. Again, watching this on TV is difficult, and being at the ground gives you the best viewing experience.

Not making excuses, but I'm saying the games are entirely different when it comes to being at the ground versus TV.

The other point I'd make is that the AFL are FAR BETTER at generating loyalty for individual clubs. Can you imagine the uproar if a club made a single change to it's jersey? Collingwood's jersey has remained largely unchanged for what....125 years now?

NRL clubs have about 25 different jerseys made every season. Zero consistency in brand and no wonder fans have less loyalty and dedication.
What about logos - for some reason NRL teams feel it's necessary for them to change their logos every now and then, where as the AFL teams haven't.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i think stadium location is also an issue, i know in brisbane and in melbourne, all the venues are walking distance from a train stop in the city

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i think stadium location is also an issue, i know in brisbane and in melbourne, all the venues are walking distance from a train stop in the city
Whenever I am in Melbourne I am amazed at how close etihad is to everything.

Suncorp and the Gabba are well connected like the MCG etc but etihad is a 2 min walk from the busiest station. It would be like putting a footy stadium in Hyde Park Sydney...

Actually that's a great idea!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

D other sports u mention don't have,d same embarrassing problems we have with refereeing,and mothers and fathers,seeing rugby league in d news every day players on drug charges,getting in trouble with law etc,I think these issues, are of paramount importance,with d people that matter,d mums and dads.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Whenever I am in Melbourne I am amazed at how close etihad is to everything.

Suncorp and the Gabba are well connected like the MCG etc but etihad is a 2 min walk from the busiest station. It would be like putting a footy stadium in Hyde Park Sydney...

Actually that's a great idea!
aami and mcg are both about 5 mins walking distance from richmond and there's 10 platforms there

Status
Not open for further replies.