Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I probably would not sign Reynolds, however I find it hard to disagree with what Ennis has said.
He states the halves are promising, but not capable of delivering much because of their lack of big game experience.
Even Stevie Wonder could see that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And some want Menace on our coaching staff. He bags the club at any opportunity. He left 6 years ago - well before the cap crisis kicked in - he has no idea of the reality. Why isn’t he bagging his beloved Sharks and their recruitment issues? Probably because he doesn’t have a mate trying to get a gig there. Give it a rest Mick, everyone sees your motive and it’s not for the betterment of the Bulldogs.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I probably would not sign Reynolds, however I find it hard to disagree with what Ennis has said.
He states the halves are promising, but not capable of delivering much because of their lack of big game experience.
Even Stevie Wonder could see that.
Stevie also sees that with Reynolds sweet fa will change

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love the thought of Reynolds not only for the romantic return
If Eddie Munster wants some romance with grub I'm sure he'll be up for it

Definitely shouldn't be in bulldogs colours though

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This highlights a huge problem for the Bulldogs and that is they have just taken their eye off the ball when it comes to recruitment,” Ennis said on Fox League Live.

“The stuff about Josh Reynolds really frustrates me because I love the thought of Reynolds not only for the romantic return that rugby league would love, but it would be an enormous shot in the arm to have their favourite son come home.

“At a time when their coach is off contract and there is a lot of speculation around that and a lot of indecision form the club.
Yeah I'm sure the likes of Wakeham, Cogger, Averillo and Lewis would get a real shot in the arm when the club brings in a unnecessary signing which knocks them down the pecking order.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Please god no. What will he bring the club at this stage. If they do buy him then any remaining respect for pay will be gone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
2 year deal for 350k and the tigers would pay half hos contract. It's a good deal for us. Reynolds has been good for the tigers when he has played. He is a competitor and would win us games
No it's a terrible deal for us. We have cap space available right now and the club needs to pull their finger out and work out a way to effectively use that cash, recruiting the likes of Reynolds because passion or whatever other garbage people can come up with isn't and effective use of this money.

The goal is to win a Premiership and every step we take should be to get us closer to that goal while sustaining an acceptable level of performance. We currently have two talented young halves at the club that could potentially be key to us moving forward and the recruitment of Reynolds would do nothing but hinder that. Yes they might not kick on but Reynolds is no where near good enough a player the prevent us from finding that out.

We also have numerous other positions that require the attention of our recruitment team, hooker, fullback, centre, frontrow, backrow...honestly the majority of the team could be scraped right now. The recruitment needs to be smart and recruit where we have a lack of talent and with players capable of substantially improving the team while aiding the development of our players and/or continuing to develop themselves and reach a higher level.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't see us making the finals.

As you say get the games into Wakeham, Averillo and other young players that have a genuine future.
Confidence can do wonders for a team. I’d also like to see Wakeham and Averillo get as many games as possible in the halves this season it can only benefit the club long term.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has become far too injury prone. That's not what we need. If he had played the past 2 seasons without injury, then maybe worth a punt. But he hasn't.
Besides, we have a number of halves atm, what we need is a strike back, and a quality backrower, not a stop gap half/hooker.
We do need a stop gap hooker actually. Now, I think that should be Friend but after that it's slim pickings.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He has become far too injury prone. That's not what we need. If he had played the past 2 seasons without injury, then maybe worth a punt. But he hasn't.
Besides, we have a number of halves atm, what we need is a strike back, and a quality backrower, not a stop gap half/hooker.
All our halves are rubbish except foran. Wakeham may come good bit he is too young to steer a side. Reynolds comes in and competes straight away

silva

Utility
Reaction score
No it's a terrible deal for us. We have cap space available right now and the club needs to pull their finger out and work out a way to effectively use that cash, recruiting the likes of Reynolds because passion or whatever other garbage people can come up with isn't and effective use of this money.

The goal is to win a Premiership and every step we take should be to get us closer to that goal while sustaining an acceptable level of performance. We currently have two talented young halves at the club that could potentially be key to us moving forward and the recruitment of Reynolds would do nothing but hinder that. Yes they might not kick on but Reynolds is no where near good enough a player the prevent us from finding that out.

We also have numerous other positions that require the attention of our recruitment team, hooker, fullback, centre, frontrow, backrow...honestly the majority of the team could be scraped right now. The recruitment needs to be smart and recruit where we have a lack of talent and with players capable of substantially improving the team while aiding the development of our players and/or continuing to develop themselves and reach a higher level.
Reynolds wont deliver us a premiership. Would be a short term solution but the better we play the more attractive we are to players on the market. Nobody wants to come here anymore. 350k wouldnt break the cap. If we can win half our games and reynolds can help us do.that then hes a bargain.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Reynolds can set up tries has proven that mainly with his kicks bit hes clever at the line

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reynolds can set up tries has proven that mainly with his kicks bit hes clever at the line
The funniest thing is people who don't watch a Tigers' games saying he hasn't been good when playing for them. For the right price (~350k imo) he's someone you want in your team somewhere. The only reason I don't see the club/recruitment team getting this done is if the Tigers are hesitant to pay him ~400k to play elsewhere (which I would be hesitant too tbh). I can't argue with his injury record but that's why he'd be coming on our terms on a small contract or not coming at all. Also we don't want him hindering Wakeham's development so I think it also should be for our hooker position (or utility) as it's a basket case. If Foran goes down Wakeham and any of the other halves are not good enough to lead us right now (which I think was Ennis' main point).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All our halves are rubbish except foran. Wakeham may come good bit he is too young to steer a side. Reynolds comes in and competes straight away
Reynolds has become injury prone, so if we signed him we would then have 2 injury prone halves. Hardly ideal. Wakeham has the skills, and needs to be playing so that he can develop those skills. With Canterbury cup not being played any time soon, would you rather wakeham sit on the sidelines while we pay money to get another half when we actually need a centre, backrower and probably a better hooker? Doesn't work for me.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We do need a stop gap hooker actually. Now, I think that should be Friend but after that it's slim pickings.
We currently have 2 options, and no Canterbury cup. So as far as I'm concerned, we don't really need a hooker for this season. In any case, Reynolds is not really a hooker.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see us making the finals unless there's so type of miracle and we get 3 gun players into the squad.

As you say get the games into Wakeham, Averillo and other young players that have a genuine future.
I think we are no chance at all this year, unless by some miracle we find a gun backrower and a gun centre to play for us this season. Therefore, give these guys as much game time as possible!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds wont deliver us a premiership. Would be a short term solution but the better we play the more attractive we are to players on the market. Nobody wants to come here anymore. 350k wouldnt break the cap. If we can win half our games and reynolds can help us do.that then hes a bargain.
There’s no guarantee we win half our games if Reynolds comes here and I highly doubt that would happen. He might get us a couple more wins but what’s the point when it hinders the development of the young halves?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Reynolds has become injury prone, so if we signed him we would then have 2 injury prone halves. Hardly ideal. Wakeham has the skills, and needs to be playing so that he can develop those skills. With Canterbury cup not being played any time soon, would you rather wakeham sit on the sidelines while we pay money to get another half when we actually need a centre, backrower and probably a better hooker? Doesn't work for me.
Play wakeham off the bench is an option. It would benefit him to have reynolds there to pass on the knowledge. Reynolds tears up Canterbury cup when he plays there. It's obvious who the better player is right now.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
There’s no guarantee we win half our games if Reynolds comes here and I highly doubt that would happen. He might get us a couple more wins but what’s the point when it hinders the development of the young halves?
It won't hinder them. Whatever theyre doing now isn't working. We need tries, not a lot just a few to keep us in the running for the 8

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Let's not forget reynolds won origin. The boys a winner