Ennis says he'll be ready for the GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Early finish: An injured Michael Ennis looks on from the bench. Photo: Getty Images

As Des Hasler bellowed out his best version of Glory, Glory to South Sydney, skipper Mick Ennis sat alongside his coach confident he'll be fit to play the Rabbitohs in Sunday's grand final.
Ennis's left foot was caught under teammate Frank Pritchard with five minutes remaining in the first half.

The hooker didn't return in the second half and watched on as his side held on to win 18-12.

Hasler interjected when Ennis was asked by the media about his injury, saying the captain had been taken from the field as a "precaution" and would do "everything in his power" to make next Sunday's grand final his last before moving to the Sharks next year.

Ennis, who missed Brisbane's 2006 premiership win with a knee injury, expects to be fit to play.
"I got caught under the tackle with five to go and knew that I just wanted to get through to half-time to save us an interchange," Ennis said. "We said we'll check it out and see how we go.

"I'm not too bad. I've had the ice on for about 40 minutes so I can't feel it. I'm just so proud of the guys."
While Ennis remained optimistic about his finals chances, coach Hasler instigated the mind games against the Rabbitohs early.

After opening the post-match press conference by saying "That was a real finals game," Hasler – unprompted – went on to say: "No wonder we won't be favourites next week."
Hasler is about to embark on his sixth grand final appearance as a coach and his second since switching to Canterbury from Manly three seasons ago.

He went on to speak about South Sydney's 43-year premiership drought before singing the team song. "It's going to be a real tough game," Hasler said.

He also praised his charges and Penrith for their performances on Saturday night.
"Very proud of the effort," Hasler said. "To make a grand final is a wonderful achievement for the playing group and club. We have to get on and win it.
"Panthers fans should be proud of what their playing group did tonight. Ivan [Cleary] has done a wonderful job. They should be proud of the way they performed.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-rabbitohs-20140927-10n2ug.html#ixzz3EWXNFvDY

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be so wrong if he doesn't play next week.

He better.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Would still play Ennis even if he was in a wheelchair

He missed out on the Broncos GF, he ain't f*cking missing out on this one!

C'mon boys, send Mick out with a Premiership ring

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saw the replay of Ennis running after the injury occurred. He seemed to run okay to be honest for the couple of tackles he made afterwards. I'm pretty sure he even kicked a dropout after the injury as well.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We lacked leadership and direction when Mick didn't return ... All due respect to Josh for trying to fill in but That second half showed how under estimated Mick is not just as our inspirational captain but also as our number 9.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
We lacked a lot of structure in the second half. Ennis played well in the first half too.

Was it just me or did Reynolds catch the markers offside 2-3 times and the refs never called anything.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We lacked a lot of structure in the second half. Ennis played well in the first half too.

Was it just me or did Reynolds catch the markers offside 2-3 times and the refs never called anything.
Yeah he did.

PS love your avatar.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Reynolds definitely did. He realised he was never going to get a penalty after that so just gave up.

Extremely poor refereeing as usual.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Don't get me started on these "referees"

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I was gonna post something witty but then I caught a look at vietorious avatar ...

Oh yeah .... Get Mick in the hyperbaric stat !!!

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's 2004 all over again...
Bulldogs Captain injured + Last game for the Dogs + Grand Final = Dogs 2014?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's 2004 all over again...
Bulldogs Captain injured + Last game for the Dogs + Grand Final = Dogs 2014?
Plus we beat Penrith in the PF and kicked out Melbourne too.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's say ennis doesn't play do we risk Mbye at dummy half? not doubting his ability but it's the grand final and he hasn't played first grade in that position?
I felt like crying when i saw hasler hugging ennis. Goes to show nothing was personal when the contract talk was on its all business and ennis has taken on the chin like a true mutha Fkn champion.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one else feeling Dejavu with captain Steve price getting injured before the 04 grand final

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
If he doesn't how much does this year remind you of 2004?

Especially if the Roosters had won. We play Penrith and win with out Captain sustaining a leg injury. You still got Reni there too which is cool tbh 10 years down the track.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.