Ennis savages Dogs. Questions Mbye release

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the end of the day it's all about value for money and supply & demand. Klemmer and Jackson may be on big money but they deliver for the most part. Actually i'll say they deliver as much as anyone else playing in those positions and being paid similar money. Can you say the same about Mbye? A couple things about Moses; 1) The club saw an opportunity to move him on, with the tigers, and took it. 2) He's not worth what he is being paid, even if he is our best attacking option (and if he stays at fullback i have little doubt in around 2 seasons he will be better) but we need value for money now and we needed to clear some cap space to get some depth in the backline for next season and beyond.

Given the state of the competition we are not far off, but you need your best players wearing 1,6,7 & 9. Look at how much better Canberra played with Hodgson at 9. He controlled the ruck and took the right options in attack and then everyone suddenly looks better! Out of the spine positions you can probably get away with one average player but the rest need to be good. Outside of that the rest of the team just has to do their job & to be a real threat you'd like to have an x-factor or strike weapon in the outside backs.

Our biggest problem moving into next season & beyond is Foran. If he is not healthy and never will be we are f#cked. Case closed... But if he can get his body right then we will be alright if we can pair him up with a good hooker or halves partner.

Good luck Dean.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
“What was on display on the weekend was not NRL standard. The performance of their spine was not NRL standard.

“They had endless opportunities inside a Gold Coast side that were averaging 26 points against heading into that game and they couldn’t score.”

He's 100% right about this but you can't expect an NRL performance when you have ISP player at best in the spine.
You mean 2 ISP and 1 park standard players in the spine,Jeremy Marshall-King,Michael Lichaa and Matt Frawley.
Jeremy Marshall-King has shown some good glimpses,but he's not up to the same standard as other five-eigths/hookers in the NRL.He's a decent runner of the ball and is an effective tackler but has a modest kicking game and slow shifts to his outside men.His confidence will increase and he should perform a lot better next year after a full season in first grade.
Lichaa has reached his level of incompetence in first grade.His passing and direction from the ruck is unacceptable and for a hooker his communication is very very poor.
Frawley got no business being part of an NRL squad,he's a park player at best,he lacks game management and cannot direct the forwards around the park,which is fundamental to his position.He is the worst half to even wear our colors.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When Moses and Reynolds both flop at the Tigers we will be the ones laughing

Ennis is right most of the time but he talks about his buddies as if they were the shining light in a dud team.. when in fact our attacking woes began with those two.. is it any wonder none of the top teams showed any interest?

Yes I see that too Ennis is too loyal in his feelings to his buddies and ex teammates for sure. If he learns to control/harness that in my opinion he could become an exceptional coach. Sees the game as good as anyone If not better and sees things others don’t even notice, but unless he takes the emotional connection out or streamlines it he will just be a mouthpiece

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You mean 2 ISP and 1 park standard players in the spine,Jeremy Marshall-King,Michael Lichaa and Matt Frawley.
Jeremy Marshall-King has shown some good glimpses,but he's not up to the same standard as other five-eigths/hookers in the NRL.He's a decent runner of the ball and is an effective tackler but has a modest kicking game and slow shifts to his outside men.His confidence will increase and he should perform a lot better next year after a full season in first grade.
Lichaa has reached his level of incompetence in first grade.His passing and direction from the ruck is unacceptable and for a hooker his communication is very very poor.
Frawley got no business being part of an NRL squad,he's a park player at best,he lacks game management and cannot direct the forwards around the park,which is fundamental to his position.He is the worst half to even wear our colors.

JMK defiantly a quality footballer but reminds me of a tweener from the NBA... (a player without a specific position)... right now he could be come a great utility and fill the gaps when and where required

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JMK defiantly a quality footballer but reminds me of a tweener from the NBA... (a player without a specific position)... right now he could be come a great utility and fill the gaps when and where required
JMK's progression in his 1st grade maiden year has been good,but understandably he still lacks consistency and game management.

He is nowhere near the quality of the 18 below mentioned five-eights,that play in 14 other NRL teams (exception are the Titans).
Cameron Munster (Storm),Gareth Widdop (Saints),Luke Keary (Easts),Cody Walker (Souths),Blake Green (Warriors),Michael Morgan (Cows),Matt Moylan (Sharks),Blake Austin (Raiders),Dylan Walker (Manly),Connor Watson (Newcastle).
Penrith's James Maloney and Tyrone Peachey,
Broncos Anthony Milford and Jack Bird,
Parra's Clint Gutherson and Corey Norman,
West's Josh Reynolds and Benji Marshall.

ATM he would rate among these 8 lower tier five-eights:
Te Maire Martin (Cows).
Titans trio of Kane Elgey,AJ Brimson and the disappointing Bryce,Cartwright,
Newcastle's Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger,
Manly's Lachlan Croker and the aging Trent Hodkinson.

He is nowhere near the quality of the 13 below mentioned hookers,that play in 12 other NRL teams (exceptions are Penrith,Newcastle and Raiders).
Cameron Smith (Storm),Damien Cook (Souths),Andrew McCullough (Broncos),Jake Friend (Easts),Issac Luke (Warriors),Nathan Peats (Titans),Cameron McInnes (Saints),
Jake Granville
(Cows),Jayden Brailey (Sharks),Apisai Koroisau (Manly),Will Smith (Parra)
West's Elijah Taylor and Robbie Farah,
and the now retired Penrith's Peter Wallace.

ATM he would rate among these 7 lower tier hookers:
Peter Wallace's replacement Sione Katoa (Penrith),Slade Griffin (Newcastle),Siliva Havili (Raiders),Mitch Rein (Titans),Jacob Liddle (Wests).
Parra's Cameron King and Kaysa Pritchard.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of what he said is true, although clearly Mbye is a buddy of his.
But if I hear one more person say “he loves the club” I’ll lose my fucking shit.
This **** reserves a special kind of hate for the bulldogs. He hasn’t missed a single opportunity to sink the boot in, in 3 years. When he refers to the sharks he says ‘we’ or ‘us’ but when he refers to the bulldogs he says ‘they’ or ‘them’.
Ennis used to be my favorite player, now ?
Fuck that ****. Sick of his head.
I generally agree with your way of thinking but that is the worst read of a person I've ever seen in my life.
Blind Freddy can see he genuinely cares about our club.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is just a parrot repeating what everyone has been saying for a while now.

Regurgitating obvious and popular views doesn't make you a genius.
He's repeating what the die hard fans are saying.
He's our voice to the public and should be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.