Ennis savages Dogs. Questions Mbye release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I get your point, but I think what you are talking about is the main contributing point to our lack of success. We spent a fortune on our pack and have done for 6 years in the hope of getting big men rolling through, offloading to quick little men. It worked for one year (2012) and then fell apart, yet we kept recruiting using the same blueprint. It is obvious that we need more agile, mobile forwards and a DH who can spark something yet we keep bringing big logs on. Klemm is great for what he does but it is only an upmarket version of what Tolman and Woods do, along with Fualolo, Tualau etc. All the other clubs pumped their cash into the halves and backs. Until this year we didn't and then we got Foran who is broken. Mbye is a very good footballer but he has to have the right people around him. He will get that at the Tigers with Brooks and Benji running the show.
I see what you’re saying. We’ve invested too heavily in the forwards in the past and overspent again on woods last year. I think he’s been ok, but we really didn’t need to fork out that much money for another prop when we were in our financial position. Every good team needs a few really good forwards...Fifita, Burgess, Taumololo all come with very chunky price tags and all those teams have quality in their spines....

Our problem is we’ve made the wrong investments and it’s hard to undo that damage....

At the end of the day, I think we will need to rebuild regardless and at this stage, I think Klem was offering better value for contract buck.

I like Mbye though. I think he’s been really good this year and agree he may well excell at the Tigers. I’m not saying I love the decision. I was initially against it....but considering our position, I can see why we went that way.

I just think the whole situation is a huge mess. Very frustrating the club allowed Des to dig us into this hole.

We could have not renewed him earlier in the year last year, given pay a little more say in signings and retentions and judged him a bit more on his own merits. We’d still be in a hole, but the signings of foran and woods made it a fair bit deeper.

I’m all for discussion about the best way forward, I just don’t like jacked up media types being so critical of our handling of a really tough situation.

Last edited:

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is smart alright, but he's not a real smart footy player. He's won two lotteries, one with us and now with wt, on the other end of the scale you've got that poor bastard coote who reportedly knocked back 4 yrs $3m from rorters to stay at cows for 2 yrs $1m!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved Ennis as a footy player for us but I just switch off when he opens his mouth on Fox. If he's on a panel of 4 he'll do more than 50% of the talking every time. He just goes on and on in his condescending way as if no one else knows anything about footy. Even his other panelists.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He played for us for 7 years not 7 mins so hardly money hungry. The name of the game for us is to score tries and neither of those blokes do that. Mbye on the other hand has scored tries and set up a few as well, not enough but at least he has. I don't care that Mbye has gone but it is about the philosophy of retaining a $5m pack that collectively have scored bugger all tries and set up even less and boning a back who is probably the fastest in the club when the greatest single issue is that you can't score any points.

Personally, I think there are no players in our squad that we need to draw a line in the sand over. None of them are playing well enough to make them indispensable. Yes they are individually good players but the truth is as a team they are poor. We need to clean out a few of the "guns". Let's face it you can't be spending around $3m on 3 props who have more pies after the game than offloads. Any big lump can tackle. We need spark.
Firstly, Mbye is money hungry, 900k and does nothing he could’ve said I’ll take a pay cut cause I’m not worth that. ,
Second, without Klemmer or JJ we wouldn’t go anywhere let alone Mbye creating anything .
Like you said the name of the game is to score points, no team can score shit without a strong forward going forward.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree 110% with ennis, he was my favourite player after mason left us. To show you how much Ennis loved this club, he is still criticising our club as if he is still with us. He only wants the best for this club... to believer hasler got rid of him and the board just allow our captain to walk, just shows how patheic our ex-coach and last board was.

If we had kept ennis, we would of won 2015 season easily on the back of his form/skillset.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coaching structure needs to be overhauled, Time to go Grimaldi, Penna,Antonelli & Harry Harris. Nil improvement in skill set, game plan or individual player performance under these 4. Medical staff you’re next !!!!
Totally agree!!!!

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing as though we are apparently getting rid of woods, surely hes not suggesting we should have gotten rid of jackson or klemmer to keep mbye
I’m pretty sure he mentioned it. As he said we had so many forwards

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just re-read the article. He wants us to get players in the spine who can score but we shouldn't have let go of his mate Mbye. Last time I checked Mbye was in the spine and we're not scoring a lot of points.

Then he says we should have kept Mbye and got rid of forwards. Like who - his other mate Tolman that no one wants. Eastwood is going anyway. Other than Woods who else is overpaid in the forwards who we could offload.
He actually named Klemmer, He said "we would better of getting rid of Klemmer instead of Mbye"

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly, Mbye is money hungry, 900k and does nothing he could’ve said I’ll take a pay cut cause I’m not worth that. ,
Second, without Klemmer or JJ we wouldn’t go anywhere let alone Mbye creating anything .
Like you said the name of the game is to score points, no team can score shit without a strong forward going forward.
Mbye got and gets paid what the market thinks he is worth. If he's not worth it they won't pay it. The WT don't need a FB but decided to pay big money for him so clearly Cleary who everyone on here wants as our next coach thinks he is a gun.

Yes you need go forward. The big question is do you spend $2m getting it or $5m getting, because we have spent the latter. That's the issue for us. Yes we need props, but we don't need to be paying 3 of them north of $800k a head. While they may lay a platform, if your money is gone before you buy a good linebreaker then you may as well just have reserve graders in the front row. Don't kid yourself if Woods, Klemmer and Tolman fell off the bus tomorrow we wouldn't be going any worse because of it. They are not game changers. Not dissing their effort or spirit, just saying they don't change games. It's not their role.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mbye got and gets paid what the market thinks he is worth. If he's not worth it they won't pay it. The WT don't need a FB but decided to pay big money for him so clearly Cleary who everyone on here wants as our next coach thinks he is a gun.

Yes you need go forward. The big question is do you spend $2m getting it or $5m getting, because we have spent the latter. That's the issue for us. Yes we need props, but we don't need to be paying 3 of them north of $800k a head. While they may lay a platform, if your money is gone before you buy a good linebreaker then you may as well just have reserve graders in the front row. Don't kid yourself if Woods, Klemmer and Tolman fell off the bus tomorrow we wouldn't be going any worse because of it. They are not game changers. Not dissing their effort or spirit, just saying they don't change games. It's not their role.
But that’s the thing no player should be earning that kind of money unless his a superstar.
Ffs Eastwood and tolman are on 800k Mbye should be at best 450k.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He actually named Klemmer, He said "we would better of getting rid of Klemmer instead of Mbye"
Lost any little credibility with a bullshit statement like that. Shows his stupidity and lack of common knowledge about football.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
absolutely nothing, I think he's still very passionate about our club.
I do agree with most of what he said regarding our sh!t spine.... but, he is a sharkies guy through and through.... please guys & girls stop thinking he cares about the dogs....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's stated on many occasions,how much he loved he's time at the dogs,he genuinely cares for the place,he's having a little bit of a dig at dean pay , when he said nothing has changed
He said the same when he was at Newcastle, the same when he was with the Flagons, he said the same when he was at the Horses and now the bulldogs.....
"FUCK OFF ENNIS" you are not doing us any favours at all!! and you Bullanth are talking through your Ass!! If he genuinely cares for OUR club (what makes you say that?) he would not be shit canning the dogs, he is just sticking the knife in and twisting the blade every time he offers hit shit opinion via the Media feathering his own nest FFS.
Sick of hearing his very fake laugh on Fox TBH :rage::rage::rage:

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye is not a master at any position, he's a bench utility at best Mitch Aubusson style.

MBYE OUT
Yes you have nailed it!!!!
He is handy player to have in your team to cover different positions , however he is a master of none. He is only worth a 200-300k at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.