Ennis’ all-time Bulldogs team

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a knuckle head for even mentioning josh Reynolds in a best ever bulldogs team.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW deserves to be in that team - although he dogged us
Mason deserves to be in there also
And.............. Ben Barba (based on his 2012 form (he was untouchable - i can watch his highlights over and over again and not get bored - this guy could have been anything if it wasn't for his off field dramas)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You're right. At my age, memories become entangled. I just Googled him, and he coached us after he stopped playing. In fact, he only played 14 games for the Dogs.
I think the record Gus might still have (not sure if beaten now) is being the youngest coach to win a first grade title. He was 30 when we took down the Tigers in the 1988 GF - pretty young for that role.

Last edited:

chrisbelmore1998

Waterboy
Reaction score
Backs are good, but I would pick Utai or Gearin ahead of Josh Morris. Forwards should include Folkes and McCarthy in starting side. Andrew Ryan no where near top 3 forward packs. Great bloke, though. Lock is difficult because it is basically a third prop these days. I'd go for an outsider: Mark Hughes. Originally a silky skilled centre who played for NSW before SOO when the NSW side was the best of the best, he was given a lifeline as a lock by Glossop. He was very, very good in 79 and 80.
I would go: Johns El Masri C Mortimer, Farrar, Utai, Lamb, Mortimer, M Hughes, McCarthy, Folkes, Price, Peponis, Kelly. Reserves: Sherwin, Mason, K. Ryan, G Robinson. My best team 1967 to 2020: I have not considered any player who you can not capture on video.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least he didnt pick his fox colleague braith

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wtf brett dallas only scores 18 tries for the bulldogs

el masri scored 159 tries

next please

Are we picking the highest point scorer or highest try scorer or highest amount of games?

Or are we picking purely on playing ability ?

becauE Brett Dallas was our best winger hands down elmasri on ability doesn’t come close to Dallas.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People forget about how good he was. Played 15 Origin games and 6 tests. Our best centre/wing every season for the 10 years that he was here.

Thats a load of shit

he was solid and that’s it

his first couple of years he was great but so was Ben Roberts

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the record Gus might still have (not sure if beaten now) is being the youngest coach to win a first grade title. He was 30 when we took down the Tigers in the 1988 GF - pretty young for that role.
From memory he holds two "youngest" NRL records, youngest captain of an NRL team at 20 (maybe Dave Brown back in the 30's was younger) and youngest premiership winning coach.

Go Dogs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Are we picking the highest point scorer or highest try scorer or highest amount of games?

Or are we picking purely on playing ability ?

becauE Brett Dallas was our best winger hands down elmasri on ability doesn’t come close to Dallas.
ability and production, el masri wins in both situations, the master of finding a try and stopping an opposition try

if he was our best winger of all time then why did he only score 18 tries for us? el masri scored more in 1 season and scored the grand final winner

we also won many games simply because el masri's superior goal kicking ability

dallas was in and out of the side and played his best football elsewhere, id have utai before him

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thats a load of shit

he was solid and that’s it

his first couple of years he was great but so was Ben Roberts
You're full of shit. He would come close to making the NRL team of the decade.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ability and production, el masri wins in both situations, the master of finding a try and stopping an opposition try

if he was our best winger of all time then why did he only score 18 tries for us? el masri scored more in 1 season and scored the grand final winner

we also won many games simply because el masri's superior goal kicking ability

dallas was in and out of the side and played his best football elsewhere, id have utai before him

You have no idea mate.

how many games did elmasri play for Australia

how many games did Brett Dallas play for Australia?

first winger picked

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You have no idea mate.

how many games did elmasri play for Australia

how many games did Brett Dallas play for Australia?

first winger picked
el masri wins in that argument as well because dallas didn't really play for Australia, you are counting his games for fake Australia and should apologise immediately

real representative honours

state of origin
el masri 1-1 dallas

australia
el masri 1-0 dallas

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Les Johns
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Darren Smith
4. Nigel Vagana