News Enjoyment and fun the focus for Georgallis

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be much more fun with Averillo in the team instead of Holland, Montoya and Crichton. He better get a call-up!
I think he will. He's now a head coach so wants to impose the head fuck games on all whilst he has the privilege to do so.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he will. He's now a head coach so wants to impose the head fuck games on all whilst he has the privilege to do so.
Haha. Probably. Jake survived the cut so you'd think he gets a call up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been around the team enough that he's probably able to see if the enjoyment has gone from their football. Perhaps it is part of what will ease the pressure and let them just relax and play to their potential.

I'm pretty sure that the mental burden of being on a losing streak doesn't help players do their best. I look at DWZ and wonder if his issue right now is all related to the pressure.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he will have the boys relaxed, and playing a far better game,an most importantly playing for one another .. no I in team is there.!! So that’s a positive I feel.’n

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@finchie not trying to call you out bro but were you the one that said Georgallis is a dumbass? I liked what he said more than anything Deanos said tbh
Valid point but speak footy to him and then give me your honest opinion

I hope he wins every game but he ain’t going to be around passed this season

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a side note
Jackson topine has put in genuine size and muscle
I’d love to see him debut this year
Could be anything that kid

he couldn’t do worse than our cream puff injured captain surely

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Would rather have some fun seeing some jungleball and experimentation than boring play the rest of the year honestly.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note
Jackson topine has put in genuine size and muscle
I’d love to see him debut this year
Could be anything that kid

he couldn’t do worse than our cream puff injured captain surely
Exactly, the rest of the season should be about giving the young kids a go. Let's blood some of the other guys in the top 30. If we're rotating our halves, and apparently now our outside backs, why not the whole squad.

Do you know what the issue with Avo is this week? Did he break a nail in the gym and as a result the club is being extra cautious by resting him for another 6 weeks? Or is he just stuck behind the 2 guns - Montoya and Holland

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, the rest of the season should be about giving the young kids a go. Let's blood some of the other guys in the top 30. If we're rotating our halves, and apparently now our outside backs, why not the whole squad.

Do you know what the issue with Avo is this week? Did he break a nail in the gym and as a result the club is being extra cautious by resting him for another 6 weeks? Or is he just stuck behind the 2 guns - Montoya and Holland
He spent a couple days in a hotel until his tests came back positive so his “preparation” has been hindered.
I’m hoping he’s a late inclusion but as of thurs night the actual 17 isn’t set in stone

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He spent a couple days in a hotel until his tests came back positive so his “preparation” has been hindered.
I’m hoping he’s a late inclusion but as of thurs night the actual 17 isn’t set in stone
Cheers for the update. I hope he plays. Avo and Thompson are the only reason I watch this shit show anymore

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While not happy with Pay leaving I understand that in this day and age the game is results driven and something had to be done.

So with Pay gone I’m quite happy for Georgallis to be given the job of interim coach but I’d sign him up as the coach for next season sooner rather than later. He’s had success with our NSW Cup team and also had success as interim coach at Penrith after Matt Elliott left the club.

One thing I don’t want to hear or see of is Barrett signing on as coach. He is NOT the right coach for the Bulldogs in my opinion. Has NO links to club and his record at Manly wasn’t good. Our target for a long term coach should be aimed at Justin Holbrook. He’s from the area having played for the Milperra Colts and had an early coaching stint in our lower grades before embarking on success with St Helens in the Super League where they won the Grand Final. Luke Thompson was in that team as well. Holbrook would also attract interest from players from England who have succeeded under his coaching at St Helens and we’ve seen how good the English signings have been for Canberra in recent years. Furthermore an ex Aussie player who was in that St Helens winning team had said he, Holbrook, is the best coach he’s played under and he’d played in 3 NRL teams and won the GF with one of those teams. He’s only 44 and has all the attributes to be the right candidate for the job. He’s current contract with the Titans expires at the end of next season. Sign him up before someone else does!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t mind the comment of going out and having fun, that’s what the game is about. We’re running last so let’s get back to being the entertainers of the early ‘80’s when coached by Ted Glossop.

I seem to remember Ted said something similar to the team when they were down 17-0 at half time against the Dragons in the 1979 Grand Final. This was a very young side at the time that had over achieved in that year by making it to the GF and it looked like they were heading for a heavy loss. It was reported at the time that Ted said to the team at half time, “We made it this far and you all now have only 40 minutes left of the season to play, so go out their and enjoy your last 40 minutes of footy for the year”. That they did winning the 2nd half 13-0. But came up short losing 17-13. If it had gone another 5 minutes they would’ve won as they were a completely different team in the 2nd half. Stan Cutler scores late in that game but they ran out of time. Came back 12 months later to win the comp for the first time in 38 years when defeating the Roosters.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I still remember when I was stumbling outside a pub in Ashfield back in '12 and I saw georgallis in a tracksuit and he was standing at the front and came up to and said 'hey Malaka u have any goey bra?'