News Enjoyment and fun the focus for Georgallis

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be much more fun with Averillo in the team instead of Holland, Montoya and Crichton. He better get a call-up!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@finchie not trying to call you out bro but were you the one that said Georgallis is a dumbass? I liked what he said more than anything Deanos said tbh

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cool

Spotted our latest training run

(the players are working on "skills drills" in the jumping castle)
S__44720131.jpg
BULLDOGS-COMBO-CUBE-2.jpg

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay = run hard and tackle hard
Georgallis = run hard, tackle hard and have fun
We are already one step ahead lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully he is telling the players a bunch of other things behind the scenes. The "have fun" mantra works, occasionally, but it is more likely to result in the team playing at 80% instead of 95%, and at this level even a few percentage points reduced performance can be the difference between win and lose.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole having ‘fun’ aura is something ive never been a fan of, in any sporting context. However if he can get players on board to improve themselves I rate it

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a bad mantra for the current state of play.

Go well Steve.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be very interested to see the style of play over the next month. Will give us a real insight into whether the "cattle" is talentless as some people claim.
From memory Georgallis did well when he was interim coach at Penrith so hopefully he can avoid the spoon.

In relation to us being talentless, the jury is out. The problem with Pay is that we never really had a style of football that we played (especially this year). We were absolutely horrid in attack.

With the rule changes outside backs are getting more space and thats a big area we fall down in (both attack and defence). I dont think even the most loyal dogs supporter would argue that either Montoya or Holland would get a centre spot in any other NRL team. Crichton also wouldnt get a spot in anyone else's top 30.

I think we have the worst roster in the comp but that doesnt mean we should playing the way we are. We had the worst roster last year as well but still managed 10 wins. Yes we are missing CHN but other teams have injuries and he isnt that much of a gun

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes have fun but pick the right players to have fun with. Holland and monty in the side just won’t cut if. But then you think about it who takes there spot? Our depth is atrocious

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Yes have fun but pick the right players to have fun with. Holland and monty in the side just won’t cut if. But then you think about it who takes there spot? Our depth is atrocious
You just asked and answered your own question