Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do find it hilarious that he's all of a sudden active in here :grinning:

Fairweather supporters, ehy? NO where to be seen when they're down!

Most expensively assembled squad (prior to Chelsea's recent implosion) and people just gloss over it. All of sudden the manager is the best in the world even though he gets 230m in the last window to sign players, on top of the amount they had already been spending. Madness.

Why don't more people talk about this? I don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, credit to them for playing better this year but still ...
United spent 230m in the last 12 months, Liverpool spent 190m (Diaz was in January last year), Arsenal 190m, Chelsea 350m+, City 180m. All clubs have been splashing the cash. You gotta remember that even though our horrible management has wasted a lot of money before the executives and manager were changed at the end of last season, Ten Hag hasnt benefitted from that. In our most played 11 this season, we have:

DDG: 25m, signed by Sir Alex
Shaw: 30m, signed by Moyes
Dalot: 19m, signed by Jose
Eriksen: free signing
Rashford: youth
Garnacho: youth

Half the starting line up only cost us 74m. Then you throw in Casemiro, Varane, Antony which the club spent a lot on but so has each and every club. Even Liverpool needed a 70m Van Dijk, 65m Allison to get the team over the hump. We can only hold Ten Hag accountable for the time he has been here and in his first season we are playing nice football, only 5 points off top, league cup final, FA cup quarters, and are favourites to progress against Barca in Europa.

He has turned Rashford into the most inform player on the continent, blooded in Garnacho and now starting to blood in Mainoo. Dealt with the Ronaldo fiasco. We've lost one league game since the first weekend of November. We beat Arsenal, City and Liverpool when we were underdogs in all of them.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time is up for Klopp, it's gone stale, his sick note signings and his inability to adapt tactically.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's becoming a very very slippery slope without doubt.

The door was stupidly opened with the City deal, then the Newcastle one and who knows how many more will happen.
The league shot itself in the foot by turning a blind eye to the Newcastle ownership. Somehow Newcastle convinced them that the Saudi governing body would not be involved at all? it set a precedent for all other potential oil nations and a way around the PL fit and proper test for incoming owners.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The league shot itself in the foot by turning a blind eye to the Newcastle ownership. Somehow Newcastle convinced them that the Saudi governing body would not be involved at all? it set a precedent for all other potential oil nations and a way around the PL fit and proper test for incoming owners.
Too easy baby

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United spent 230m in the last 12 months, Liverpool spent 190m (Diaz was in January last year), Arsenal 190m, Chelsea 350m+, City 180m. All clubs have been splashing the cash. You gotta remember that even though our horrible management has wasted a lot of money before the executives and manager were changed at the end of last season, Ten Hag hasnt benefitted from that. In our most played 11 this season, we have:

DDG: 25m, signed by Sir Alex
Shaw: 30m, signed by Moyes
Dalot: 19m, signed by Jose
Eriksen: free signing
Rashford: youth
Garnacho: youth

Half the starting line up only cost us 74m. Then you throw in Casemiro, Varane, Antony which the club spent a lot on but so has each and every club. Even Liverpool needed a 70m Van Dijk, 65m Allison to get the team over the hump. We can only hold Ten Hag accountable for the time he has been here and in his first season we are playing nice football, only 5 points off top, league cup final, FA cup quarters, and are favourites to progress against Barca in Europa.

He has turned Rashford into the most inform player on the continent, blooded in Garnacho and now starting to blood in Mainoo. Dealt with the Ronaldo fiasco. We've lost one league game since the first weekend of November. We beat Arsenal, City and Liverpool when we were underdogs in all of them.
I understand my man. I understand.

You're defending your team, and I'd do the same.

I'm not having a pop at your boys at all. You should look at my comments at the start of the year and I was one of the only ones giving you boys a chance to do well this year, and you're living up to what I thought you'd be able to do. Credit where credit is due.

But ... he inherited the most expensively assembled squad in England and the world. Simple as that. So, he inherited some top top players. Simple as that.

He's done well, but people are just glossing over the level of player he already had at his disposal. You can talk about ho wmuch this or that player played, it doesn't matter. He's been able to pick from a really REALLY expensive roster plus add to it without losing any top players.

It is what it is and you shouldn't take me bringing this up as a pot shot at him. He's done really well. No one can deny that. The way he delat with Ronaldo was materful and the making of him and you imo.

But, we can't forget what he walked into. Some top top players.

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I understand my man. I understand.

You're defending your team, and I'd do the same.

I'm not having a pop at your boys at all. You should look at my comments at the start of the year and I was one of the only ones giving you boys a chance to do well this year, and you're living up to what I thought you'd be able to do. Credit where credit is due.

But ... he inherited the most expensively assembled squad in England and the world. Simple as that. So, he inherited some top top players. Simple as that.

He's done well, but people are just glossing over the level of player he already had at his disposal. You can talk about ho wmuch this or that player played, it doesn't matter. He's been able to pick from a really REALLY expensive roster plus add to it without losing any top players.

It is what it is and you shouldn't take me bringing this up as a pot shot at him. He's done really well. No one can deny that. The way he delat with Ronaldo was materful and the making of him and you imo.

But, we can't forget what he walked into. Some top top players.
Geez you talk shit, that Manchester United squad isn’t even the most expensive assembled squad in England
with Chelsea signing enzo Fernandez they now push United to 3rd postion in the cost of the squad with man city being 1st

man city over 1 billion
chelsea 898m
man united 873m
liverpool 720m

i love hanging shit on em, but let’s not just lie …

thats the order of squad costs as of last transfer window
but hey let’s just talk shit as usual and hope no one pulls you up on it, and Most expensive in the world
bahahahhahahahahah fuck me you talk shit
@Bulldog_4_Life good explanation of liverpools demise too, time for klopp to go

@chemdog credit to you blokes who are well down the pecking order on money spent for squad but sitting at the top

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez you talk shit, that Manchester United squad isn’t even the most expensive assembled squad in England
with Chelsea signing enzo Fernandez they now push United to 3rd postion in the cost of the squad with man city being 1st

man city over 1 billion
chelsea 898m
man united 873m
liverpool 720m

but hey let’s just talk shit as usual and hope no one pulls you up on it, and Most expensive in the world
Ha. I haven't seen you for ages now I see why! I blocked you!

Honest question.

Why does a United supporter actively look to speak about Liverpool much? Even trying to pass themselves off as a Liverpool supporter?

You're one piece of work my Turkish friend. Haha.

Ultimate trolling which I give you massive credit for

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looking forward to the cup final against your boys, may it be a battle of the Brunos.
Booooooo
Ha. I haven't seen you for ages now I see why! I blocked you!

Honest question.

Why does a United supporter actively look to speak about Liverpool much? Even trying to pass themselves off as a Liverpool supporter?

You're one piece of work my Turkish friend. Haha.

Ultimate trolling which I give you massive credit for
why you block me, so sad
just coz I don’t agree with you that Nunez is a world superstar doesn’t mean I’m not a Liverpool man

and why talk shit all the time? why state a team is the most expensively assembled in the world when even your average joe would know psg or a Barca would be far ahead without even looking
if your going to talk shit atleast make it half believable lol
xox

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Booooooo

why you block me, so sad
just coz I don’t agree with you that Nunez is a world superstar doesn’t mean I’m not a Liverpool man

and why talk shit all the time? why state a team is the most expensively assembled in the world when even your average joe would know psg or a Barca would be far ahead without even looking
if your going to talk shit atleast make it half believable lol
xox
Mate. One last reply. I promise.

Why block you?

It was the day when you slipped and talked about United as "we". Another Liverpool poster pointed it out to me, and the game was up.

Always assumed you were just a troll, but that confirmed it.

So I blocked and ignored.

As I said. Fair play to you that you convinced so many you are a Liverpool supporter, but there are a few cluey ones that have seen through it mate.

Hence why the blocking. Ultimate troll mate and very impressive.

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate. One last reply. I promise.

Why block you?

It was the day when you slipped and talked about United as "we". Another Liverpool poster pointed it out to me, and the game was up.

Always assumed you were just a troll, but that confirmed it.

So I blocked and ignored.

As I said. Fair play to you that you convinced so many you are a Liverpool supporter, but there are a few cluey ones that have seen through it mate.

Hence why the blocking. Ultimate troll mate and very impressive.
Another lie

why lie and make up story’s
It’s unbelievable just to try and suit your agenda

but let’s Talk truthfully
You told everyone about your troll accounts in our Liverpool boys private chat lol?

billy beane , Trent Solatar7 lol
How sad

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another lie

why lie and make up story’s
It’s unbelievable just to try and suit your agenda

but let’s Talk truthfully
You told everyone about your troll accounts in our Liverpool boys private chat lol?

billy beane , Trent Solatar7 lol
How sad
Should least tag @billy beane into the convo mate. @trent_solotar7 also

I can't talk for others, but I'm not the only one who's said it.

Take care my United friend

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

man city over 1 billion
chelsea 898m
man united 873m
liverpool 720m

@chemdog credit to you blokes who are well down the pecking order on money spent for squad but sitting at the top
well that's cause we promoted players from our youth system and saved us a fair chunk of money and ended up buying players in positions we needed which is working now

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
not gonna lie i have no idea what this convos about but i can’t be bothered finding out haha
Got no idea why you've been tagged into it mate. Who knows?

All I know is that you and @billy beane are United supporters so I shouldn't talk to you ;)

Looking forward to playing you guys soon, as I imagine you are with us. We're there for the picking in all honesty!

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got no idea why you've been tagged into it mate. Who knows?

All I know is that you and @billy beane are United supporters so I shouldn't talk to you ;)

Looking forward to playing you guys soon, as I imagine you are with us. We're there for the picking in all honesty!
still waiting for us to drop off in form with all the games/injures and suspensions and i have a feeling it’ll be against yous, praying im wrong tho lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
still waiting for us to drop off in form with all the games/injures and suspensions and i have a feeling it’ll be against yous, praying im wrong tho lol
Well, tbh, I thought that was coming a while ago but you've been pulling out results. Fair play to you tbh. I didn't expect you to continue on with this form.

Can you last? Why not? I didn't think it'd be possible to this point, who knows? Been one crazy season