Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They've spent less money than you over the last 10 years lol
Over the past 20 years they've spent more than us on net spend factoring in their last 600 million.. City are 2nd. United are 3rd. No one talks about how much United spend.

People hammer City because they spend so much and now the cheating.. I get it and a lot of it is deserved. But that doesn't guarantee success. If it did, United and Chelsea would have more titles.

It's no coincidence since Pep took over that we became dominant. Over the last two years we've slowed down in the transfer market in terms of net spend as well.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Over the past 20 years they've spent more than us on net spend factoring in their last 600 million.. City are 2nd. United are 3rd. No one talks about how much United spend.

People hammer City because they spend so much and now the cheating.. I get it and a lot of it is deserved. But that doesn't guarantee success. If it did, United and Chelsea would have more titles.

It's no coincidence since Pep took over that we became dominant. Over the last two years we've slowed down in the transfer market in terms of net spend as well.
because no one believes city bring in more revenue than real madrid, barca, united or liverpool

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
because no one believes city bring in more revenue than real madrid, barca, united or liverpool
I don't either. I certainly don't think Chelsea do either. But that's why the revenue component and FFP is a joke. It's to protect those clubs you mentioned to help them have a monopoly on their leagues. What's "fair" about that? And teams like Chelsea and PSG are worse than City but nothing is done.

Like I said, the FA/PL can't investigate shit. If it weren't for leaked emails, this wouldn't be happening. The same thing would be happening at other clubs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

FFP was established in 2011 and that's around about the same time you guys started winning titles. Insane amounts of money were illegally pumped into City and nobody did anything about it, even when you were finally called out on it you got off with a slap on the wrist. The entire club was built on cheating and that's why everyone hates City.

Things like this have happened in the past but it wasn't to this extent and the rules that exist today weren't around back then. The fact that City claim to have the highest revenue in world football is absolutely laughable.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FFP was established in 2011 and that's around about the same time you guys started winning titles. Insane amounts of money were illegally pumped into City and nobody did anything about it, even when you were finally called out on it you got off with a slap on the wrist. The entire club was built on cheating and that's why everyone hates City.

Things like this have happened in the past but it wasn't to this extent and the rules that exist today weren't around back then. The fact that City claim to have the highest revenue in world football is absolutely laughable.
Aren't Chelsea in the same boat though? How do they justify the revenue? Or PSG?

Again the fact that it's based on revenue is unfair. United, Liverpool, Real, Barca etc will always have the most revenue because they're institutions. How is another club like say Leeds or Villa ever going to try and win a title unless it's with wealthy owners that spend a shitload of money that's massively disproportionate to their revenue?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Aren't Chelsea in the same boat though? How do they justify the revenue? Or PSG?

Again the fact that it's based on revenue is unfair. United, Liverpool, Real, Barca etc will always have the most revenue because they're institutions. How is another club like say Leeds or Villa ever going to try and win a title unless it's with wealthy owners that spend a shitload of money that's massively disproportionate to their revenue?
PSG are not but nobody cares about the uber eats league so it doesn't get the same attention. Chelsea revenue is legit from what I can see but they've previously been punished for other breaches. Chelsea also generate massive amounts through player sales and that helps with their creative accounting.

Historically successful clubs will always have an advantage but clubs like Leeds and Villa like you mentioned have won the league numerous times already. Owners can also still pump money into the club but there's rules around that and City just flat out ignored them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PSG are not but nobody cares about the uber eats league so it doesn't get the same attention. Chelsea revenue is legit from what I can see but they've previously been punished for other breaches. Chelsea also generate massive amounts through player sales and that helps with their creative accounting.

Historically successful clubs will always have an advantage but clubs like Leeds and Villa like you mentioned have won the league numerous times already. Owners can also still pump money into the club but there's rules around that and City just flat out ignored them.
With Leeds and Villa those titles were decades ago before transfers went berserk. In this era, they'd need to basically break FFP to win. Same with Newcastle. They'll break the rules because while they're a big club, they're not a worldwide juggernaut like United and Liverpool are in terms of revenue.

I'd love to see a club like Sheffield Wednesday win the league in my lifetime. Or QPR. Clubs I always liked as a kid.. But with FFP even if a billionaire bought them and put crazy money in, they'd be breaking the rules eventually as their revenue will never be able to match their transfer fees and wages etc.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

s well.
I did all the time , but “coachsucker” got sand in his vagina and kept complaining about the facts we were posting, hence why we now have this thread.
The coachsucker has unsurprisingly found his voice again this season though, now that his shit scum of a club is winning a few more games. :smiley:
I even posted that they should also be investigated .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

United have the revenue tho and have always had a massive revenue stream
City went from hardly any revenue to hundreds of millions overnight hence the invesgations etc

I couldn’t care less what they do with their money personally

Last edited:

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck city, never had money then all of a sudden expect everyone to believe the club has huge money Conwy in but not from owners
Lolololol how dumb do they think we are
Liverpool guna make a charge and pip city to the title

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United have the revenue tho and have always had a massive revenue stream
City went from hardly any revenue to hundreds of millions overnight hence the invesgations etc

I couldn’t care less what they do with their money personally
I agree with all of that but I'm arguing that the revenue part of the equation for FFP is absurd. I'd love to see more lesser clubs rise up and challenge for titles. That's the way it used to be for decades. Now the top 6 clubs have a monopoly on the league. A club like Boro can't generate the revenue to justify massive spending to compete with City, Chelsea, United etc. So how is a club like that ever supposed to consistently contend without cheating?

Newcastle will be a good example. Eventually they'll start spending way more to become a legit contender and won't be able to justify the revenue either

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with all of that but I'm arguing that the revenue part of the equation for FFP is absurd. I'd love to see more lesser clubs rise up and challenge for titles. That's the way it used to be for decades. Now the top 6 clubs have a monopoly on the league. A club like Boro can't generate the revenue to justify massive spending to compete with City, Chelsea, United etc. So how is a club like that ever supposed to consistently contend without cheating?

Newcastle will be a good example. Eventually they'll start spending way more to become a legit contender and won't be able to justify the revenue either
Yup Newcastle will be watching the city stuff extremely closely

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How dare you accuse Eddie Howe’s Drawcastle Mags as future cheaters. We come from a hardworking city and culture, we are never gonna cheat

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

PSG are the worst, they literally offer ownership stakes in hotels to players (Neymar is the majority stakeholder in multiple hotels in Paris which were apart of his signing bonus when he joined), . There was also a clause in Neymars contract that if doesnt make any religious or political statements then he gets a 5m/per year bonus.

I dont have an issue with City ownership and how much theyve spent in transfer fees, but I think the problem lies with all the other fees we dont hear about, when I was in Manchester a month ago, I heard a few times about how City offer obscene amounts of $$ to parents of 13,14 year olds to bring them to City. Also their owners own basically half of Manchester, theyve got their fingers into every investment there and theres word that certain City players have been given promises regarding potential stakes in these investments in the future. Again this is just hearsay and the word around Manchester.

I dont really care because United is strong enough to compete regardless, and I would rather we werent bought out by Qatar, but I guess a lot of fans see it as a moral issue.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I did all the time , but “coachsucker” got sand in his vagina and kept complaining about the facts we were posting, hence why we now have this thread.
The coachsucker has unsurprisingly found his voice again this season though, now that his shit scum of a club is winning a few more games. :smiley:
You got him good with ‘coachsucker’ there uce

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PSG are the worst, they literally offer ownership stakes in hotels to players (Neymar is the majority stakeholder in multiple hotels in Paris which were apart of his signing bonus when he joined), . There was also a clause in Neymars contract that if doesnt make any religious or political statements then he gets a 5m/per year bonus.

I dont have an issue with City ownership and how much theyve spent in transfer fees, but I think the problem lies with all the other fees we dont hear about, when I was in Manchester a month ago, I heard a few times about how City offer obscene amounts of $$ to parents of 13,14 year olds to bring them to City. Also their owners own basically half of Manchester, theyve got their fingers into every investment there and theres word that certain City players have been given promises regarding potential stakes in these investments in the future. Again this is just hearsay and the word around Manchester.

I dont really care because United is strong enough to compete regardless, and I would rather we werent bought out by Qatar, but I guess a lot of fans see it as a moral issue.
I agree with all of what you said.. But with how corrupt FIFA and UEFA are and Football is in general, and more Qatari and Saudi ownership of clubs coming though, the morals in football were lost a long time ago and it will only get worse. Out of all of the biggest sporting leagues in the world, I'd say football is the worst by far with corruption and dirty business.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I do find it hilarious that he's all of a sudden active in here :grinning:

Fairweather supporters, ehy? NO where to be seen when they're down!

Most expensively assembled squad (prior to Chelsea's recent implosion) and people just gloss over it. All of sudden the manager is the best in the world even though he gets 230m in the last window to sign players, on top of the amount they had already been spending. Madness.

Why don't more people talk about this? I don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, credit to them for playing better this year but still ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You got him good with ‘coachsucker’ there uce
Agree! I personally would've gone with other words but you've gotta understand that if you say anything remotely bad to coachsucker he'll run to the mods and complain then look for bans. Why do you think we have this thread?

People threw words at coachsucker so this was made especially for him so others could just have some fun without worrying about a ban.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with all of what you said.. But with how corrupt FIFA and UEFA are and Football is in general, and more Qatari and Saudi ownership of clubs coming though, the morals in football were lost a long time ago and it will only get worse. Out of all of the biggest sporting leagues in the world, I'd say football is the worst by far with corruption and dirty business.
It's becoming a very very slippery slope without doubt.

The door was stupidly opened with the City deal, then the Newcastle one and who knows how many more will happen.