Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is the form shocking though? 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. Now obviously we could do better and should do better but I wouldnt say we are shocking. Lets not forget he took over a side that had just lost 4-2 to Leicester, 5-0 to Liverpool, 2-0 to City and 4-1 to Watford. It was never going to be an easy transition. In the 4 weeks he has been in charge, weve been out for 2 weeks with 17/25 players having covid, and in the other 2 weeks weve played a combined 6 games, he has barely had an time to implement anything.

The style of play has been shocking though, which I think makes the results seem worse than they actually are.

Ronaldo and Bruno's characters are far from an issue, players expecting nothing but the best is what our club was built on.

Bruno's form has been concerning lately, it seems as if the shift in formation and style of play this season under Ole and Rangnick has affected him. However, Bruno is a prototypical Rangnick player when his teams are playing his formation with his tactics, which we are currently not doing. Rangnick's system requires players who run, win the ball and play quick transition football. In the past 24 months, Bruno has one of the highest ball recoveries for advanced playmakers, highest running kms per game and weve all seen his strengths is playing off-the-cuff as opposed to a slower build up style. We need to build on Rangnicks preferred style and hope that Bruno comes to light.

The Shaw quote was taken out of context, he said it in a meaningless way and was more centred around trusting the managers ideas. However, Rangnick never fancied Shaw in the past and there is a video going around from 2019 of him saying Rangnick isnt good enough for Man United.

We made a big mistake in holding on to too many players and thats whats upset the dressing room. Lingard and Henderson were never going to play and yet we still rejected offers for both. We had to move heaven and earth to convince Cavani to stay another year. Martial hasnt been the same since his injuries 12 months ago. The club has failed to read the signs with these players and its now all come to a halt.
Mate. The way you've been playing has been shocking. Sorry. By all means look at the results, but come on now.

Lost to Wolves
Beat Burnley but were struggling tbh
Drew to Newcastle and really should've lost (De Gea fine form)
Beat Norwich but could've easily have drawn or lost.
Drew with Young Boys
Beat Palace but again, far from convincing.

Look. I know what you're saying, and if you look at the results it isn't that bad. But, if you actually watch the games and see how you're playing? You're supposed to have a new manager kick where players show some pride and try to turn things around. You've shown very little desire tbh. Tactically you look worse.

I'd say it's shocking. Yes. Especially when you consider all of those teams are really poor. Not one of them would you be expected to lose, or even draw if I'm honest. In saying this, I've always said it's going to take time so I know what you're getting at. I just didn't expect you to be so poor. At Old Trafford against Wolves you honestly did very little. Can't get my head around it tbh.

Get what you're saying about Ragnick but again, I'm confused. What's going to happen in 6 months? Especially if the players continue not to buy into what he's trying to do. Will you keep him around if he can't get such an expensively assembled squad into the Champions League? You'll buy a few players this month also, so who knows what you're spending is going to be!

Bruno ...

We'll agree to disagree on him I think which is OK. I know you rate him highly, and I've seen moments from Bruno where I've really been impressed. But, they've been exactly it. Moments. This is the year when he, as the leader that you like to claim he is, steps up and leads by example. He's been ordinary and blaming the players around him on that isn't going to sit. If he's a superstar he'd lift everyone else. He's not.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ralph Ragnick is in danger of becoming the German version of Steve Bruce by the time his interim contract expires .
He’s come in all hyped up even though he has had zero previous success at a big club , and in just a few matches it’s become ever so evident why he has never been trusted to coach a big club in his career before.
Hes come in and decided on a system even though he doesn’t have the cattle to play it.
Today we saw some personnel logic in his system as he benched that overrated dud Bruno who doesn’t fit into his playing philosophy, but some of his other selections certainly have raised some eyebrows .
Matic is past it and Jones was average when he was in his prime.
Having sad that he’s still better than Maguire .
Ralph has made the start with Bruno who ismon the outer , he now needs to bite the bullet and send Ronaldo to the same bench and allow the young talented strikers Man Utd have in their squad to flourish and not have Ronaldo stifle their progress.
I ask again, for all the tap ins and last minute goals and equalisers by Ronaldo is sitting and fighting for 6th spot or lower deemed a successful season for Man Utd?
Nail. On. Head. Again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
im tempted to do it on my account but knowing my luck I'll probs get someone unusable
Only did it because my club is full, constantly get duplicates I have to discard. Wouldn't do it otherwise because they're always terrible..still thought I'd at least get a player I like even if they're bad in game haha.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liverpool trying to move game with arsenal coz no salah mane etc
Nothing to do with covid lol
Cowards
Dont let the truth get in the way of you spinning your usual crap. With all the shit that comes out of you we have no choice but to nickname you “the flying butt” .
Klopp wasn’t on the bench against Chelsea due to covid, if we had wanted we could have made an apllication to have that match postponed but we didn’t .
The club has identified new positive covid cases amongst players and staff. Unlike your team which were given a 2 week break we’ve actually played through the busy Xmas schedule with key players missing due to covid .
The Carabao Cup has never been a big priority for LFC,we’ve played our fringe and younger players in the past and would do so again.
Management were well aware when Salah and misfiring Mane would be missing and what commitments the club would have had in that time.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cowards
The man hiding behind others calling out other as being cowards.

Heard it all now LOL.

As for the rest. Clearly you're trolling, and good for you.

Just making yourself look stupid though but hey ho.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont let the truth get in the way of you spinning your usual crap. With all the shit that comes out of you we have no choice but to nickname you “the flying butt” .
Klopp wasn’t on the bench against Chelsea due to covid, if we had wanted we could have made an apllication to have that match postponed but we didn’t .
The club has identified new positive covid cases amongst players and staff. Unlike your team which were given a 2 week break we’ve actually played through the busy Xmas schedule with players key missing due to covid .
The Carabao Cup has never been a big priority for LFC,we’ve played our fringe and younger players in the past and would do so again.
Management were well aware when Salah and misfiring Mane would be missing and what commitments the club would have had in that time.

He has got you to bite though mate ;) So, the flying butt has hooked in at least one.

However, do agree with the 'flying butt' comments.

No other poster in these threads talks as much shit as @coach. I'd say old Nasheed had more hits than him! I saw only a week or two ago him saying that Varane being back in the team would bring defensive solidarity! Holy shit.

The master of shit talking.

We'll have to combine the #statsman and #flyingbutt somehow :grinning: LOL

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate. The way you've been playing has been shocking. Sorry. By all means look at the results, but come on now.

Lost to Wolves
Beat Burnley but were struggling tbh
Drew to Newcastle and really should've lost (De Gea fine form)
Beat Norwich but could've easily have drawn or lost.
Drew with Young Boys
Beat Palace but again, far from convincing.

Look. I know what you're saying, and if you look at the results it isn't that bad. But, if you actually watch the games and see how you're playing? You're supposed to have a new manager kick where players show some pride and try to turn things around. You've shown very little desire tbh. Tactically you look worse.

I'd say it's shocking. Yes. Especially when you consider all of those teams are really poor. Not one of them would you be expected to lose, or even draw if I'm honest. In saying this, I've always said it's going to take time so I know what you're getting at. I just didn't expect you to be so poor. At Old Trafford against Wolves you honestly did very little. Can't get my head around it tbh.

Get what you're saying about Ragnick but again, I'm confused. What's going to happen in 6 months? Especially if the players continue not to buy into what he's trying to do. Will you keep him around if he can't get such an expensively assembled squad into the Champions League? You'll buy a few players this month also, so who knows what you're spending is going to be!

Bruno ...

We'll agree to disagree on him I think which is OK. I know you rate him highly, and I've seen moments from Bruno where I've really been impressed. But, they've been exactly it. Moments. This is the year when he, as the leader that you like to claim he is, steps up and leads by example. He's been ordinary and blaming the players around him on that isn't going to sit. If he's a superstar he'd lift everyone else. He's not.
The team should be winning all those games no doubt, but we knew there would be issues that ran deeper than Ole and that a new manager wouldn't fix everything. We conceded 15 goals in Ole's last 5 PL games, we've conceded 3 in the 5 PL games under Rangnick, that is with a weakened defence. We went from 1 win/4 losses to 3 wins/1 draw/1 loss. Now even though that is still below United's standards, it does show that things were worse before.

Tactically the players are playing a style of play thats totally foreign to them. Excluding recovery sessions, they've had about 6 full training sessions due the fixture congestion and covid to adapt to a high intensity pressing play. This isn't Tuchel taking over already pressing Chelsea side and just adjusting a few tactics, this is a complete overhaul.

It surprises me that Liverpool fans are shocked at this, if I remember correctly, Klopp struggled to implement his style of play early on and he took a few heavy defeats. I remember we played you soon after and completely dominated the game.
Edit: I just checked and its true, Liverpool were losing 3-0 to Watford, 2-1 to Palace and 2-0 to Newcastle in Klopps first few weeks.

Now before the Liverpool supporters jump on me, Im not trying to deflect from the situation, but merely trying to show how overhauling a side and the culture of the club will come with early struggles. If Rangnick can reset the mentality within the side then who knows, we could end up on a similar trajectory.

Yes we have pissed down hundreds of millions down the drain, but thats why Rangnick is so appealing, we need a figure who will help us find the right player, not just the one with the biggest profile.

In football, a situation is never as good or as bad as it seems. We may potentially pick up 2 midfielders and a right back on a free within the next few months and our fortunes could change, or we could continue to regress.

Step one, clear out the deadwood.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cowards
United have had a torrid decade sacking 4 managers and still won the same amount of PL titles as a dominant Liverpool side :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ralph Ragnick is in danger of becoming the German version of Steve Bruce by the time his interim contract expires .
He’s come in all hyped up even though he has had zero previous success at a big club , and in just a few matches it’s become ever so evident why he has never been trusted to coach a big club in his career before.
Hes come in and decided on a system even though he doesn’t have the cattle to play it.
Today we saw some personnel logic in his system as he benched that overrated dud Bruno who doesn’t fit into his playing philosophy, but some of his other selections certainly have raised some eyebrows .
Matic is past it and Jones was average when he was in his prime.
Having sad that he’s still better than Maguire .
Ralph has made the start with Bruno who is on the outer , he now needs to bite the bullet and send Ronaldo to the same bench and allow the young talented strikers Man Utd have in their squad to flourish and not have Ronaldo stifle their progress.
I ask again, for all the tap ins and last minute goals and equalisers by Ronaldo is sitting and fighting for 6th spot or lower deemed a successful season for Man Utd?
Rangnick has been in charge 5 minutes, lets give him a chance.

His role is to reshape the club, on and off the pitch. He is giving every player a chance, Dalot, Telles, Jones etc.
It will allow him to see what these players who have been waiting for their chance can provide and if they arent good enough, he certainly wont hesitate in allowing them to leave.

Bruno isnt on the outer. He has had a bad run, same as every player has had. Before Rangnick even took over I said in the United thread that Bruno needs time out of the side to rejuvenate. No one has carried a PL team like he has over the past 36 months. It says a lot when even in his worst period there is only about 4 midfielders with more goals than him in the PL and he is still Europes highest chance creator. Oh and he is 2 assists away from breaking the assists record in a single season in the champions league.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team should be winning all those games no doubt, but we knew there would be issues that ran deeper than Ole and that a new manager wouldn't fix everything. We conceded 15 goals in Ole's last 5 PL games, we've conceded 3 in the 5 PL games under Rangnick, that is with a weakened defence. We went from 1 win/4 losses to 3 wins/1 draw/1 loss. Now even though that is still below United's standards, it does show that things were worse before.

Tactically the players are playing a style of play thats totally foreign to them. Excluding recovery sessions, they've had about 6 full training sessions due the fixture congestion and covid to adapt to a high intensity pressing play. This isn't Tuchel taking over already pressing Chelsea side and just adjusting a few tactics, this is a complete overhaul.

It surprises me that Liverpool fans are shocked at this, if I remember correctly, Klopp struggled to implement his style of play early on and he took a few heavy defeats. I remember we played you soon after and completely dominated the game.
Edit: I just checked and its true, Liverpool were losing 3-0 to Watford, 2-1 to Palace and 2-0 to Newcastle in Klopps first few weeks.

Now before the Liverpool supporters jump on me, Im not trying to deflect from the situation, but merely trying to show how overhauling a side and the culture of the club will come with early struggles. If Rangnick can reset the mentality within the side then who knows, we could end up on a similar trajectory.

Yes we have pissed down hundreds of millions down the drain, but thats why Rangnick is so appealing, we need a figure who will help us find the right player, not just the one with the biggest profile.

In football, a situation is never as good or as bad as it seems. We may potentially pick up 2 midfielders and a right back on a free within the next few months and our fortunes could change, or we could continue to regress.

The PL was gone by the time Klopp arrived, we were already low on the ladder and whilst he didn’t really turn things around in the PL a very mediocre Liverpool squad he did manage away wins at Man City and Chelsea along with making the final of the Europa and Carabao cups. Pretty good achievement in a short space of time with the squad at his disposal.
Ragnick may turn things around , he diedinitely is trying things which is a start but the system he’s trying to implement he does not have the cattle to play it right now.
Bruno benched last game so at least he has a clear vision of the types of players he wants in his line up

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bruno isnt on the outer. He has had a bad run, same as every player has had. Before Rangnick even took over I said in the United thread that Bruno needs time out of the side to rejuvenate.
Disagree , if by scoring all those penalties it translates to carrying the team I completely disagree. The penalties actually blanketed his shortcomings.
Take away all those penalties and he’s not the “world class” player he was made out to be.
I don’t think he needs to rejuvenate from anything, he’s playing no different this season to what he was last season. The difference this season is Ronaldo is now taking the penalties and not Bruno , his goals shave dried up and he has been shown up, he doesn’t transition to defend and the so called assists are just embellished numbers to justify his poor form.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Honest question. Do @coach and @PE Teacher 21 pay you to fight their battles for them? Hilarious watching them come in here throwing hands around then hiding while you always deal with the aftermath. Funny as. Hope they pay good money!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Such a lazy take tbh.

Amazed at home many excuses are racked up by United supporters and it doesn't make sense.

The team's that United have played against since Ralph took over have been ordinary. You'd hope that your defensive display would be better!

The reality is that De Gea is the only reason these teams didn't score more against you, nothing to do with structure. Plus, your opposition were terrible. Wolves have scored now many goals this year?

This comparison with Klopp's first year is so boring in all honesty. Can't believe you've gone there as expected more from you. I mean really?

United's current squad is one of the most expensively assembled in history. 6 months ago you ploughed how much into Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane? The window before that?

The excuse making needs to stop imo as with the squad you have you should be doing a lot better. Let's not forget that at the start of this season you boys were talking up your title challenging chances and how Ronaldo was going to reshape your attack. You weren't saying the squad needed a clean out then?

Then to compare it against Klopp's team saying they needed more time. Have a look at the squad he started with mate. Damn. People should give the guy credit for how he turned Liverpool around!

I believe Ralph needs more time. You can't implement a new system overnight, so I agree with you there. What's shocking for me is the lack of passion and commitment you guys are displaying. How many players want out? That's what's shocking for me, and adding that to the poor form.

It doesn't look good

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United have had a torrid decade sacking 4 managers and still won the same amount of PL titles as a dominant Liverpool side :tearsofjoy:
Have to agree. For us to win only one title and champions league under Klopp will be massive let down. You don't get medals for finishing second

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is embarrassing banter. Leicester have bigger trophies than you recently. B. Rodgers slapped you guys up before 4 goals conceded.

You are harking back to history lessons as United fans. 5 nil at home this season those are the facts.