Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Mind you when I saw the reply I thought it was marginal offside so I dunno what to say. I'll take the 3 points though

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mind you when I saw the reply I thought it was marginal offside so I dunno what to say. I'll take the 3 points though
If VAR cleared then all good. I thought it was ok but see a bunch of people saying no.

Win is a win.

Still worrying for United tho as you've been very poor for a while now and am still searching for areas of improvement.

Guess you could say your defence was better today?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was offside too, until I realised that that the angle is deceiving.

The angle gives it a bias - if you look at the different shade of grass (if we assume that’s a straight line) - and compare that to Cavanis head and the defenders foot - it’s very effin marginal, but he’s just onside.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought it was offside too, until I realised that that the angle is deceiving.

The angle gives it a bias - if you look at the different shade of grass (if we assume that’s a straight line) - and compare that to Cavanis head and the defenders foot - it’s very effin marginal, but he’s just onside.
I don't think it's offside. Would love to say it is but really don't think it is. Agree about the foot.

Either way. A result is a result.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here’s the var picture
Image1642883891.892038.jpg

Onside in every game every day

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are they saying his shoulder is offside?
Either way Ronaldo was fouled in the box in the first half and it could have been give a penalty .

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why coach is so defensive and posting VAR lines in the banter thread. Cavani’s shoulder looks slightly in front from the VAR lines he has posted .
Now I realise why Moyes was blowing up after the goal was scored.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
gotta say so far grealish has been a flop this season at man city, surely has to be the worst signing of the season
Ronaldo is up there .... ;)

But yeah, he's been terrible in all honesty but will win the EPL so ... he'll say it was a success

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ronaldo is up there .... ;)

But yeah, he's been terrible in all honesty but will win the EPL so ... he'll say it was a success
Liverpool can still win the league though only 6 points behind city if use win your 2 games in hand.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool can still win the league though only 6 points behind city if use win your 2 games in hand.
Far from over, 6 points is nothing
Especially with the schedule,coming up
Champions league , cup games
Liverpool well and truly still in the race

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We'll see mate. Personally think we screwed things up earlier with the amount of draws we've had but football is a funny game.

You are only as good as your next match, so Liverpool need to respond to City's result with a win in a few hours. If, and that's a BIG if, we win our games in hand then being 6 points behind does give us some hope.

How you feeling about the top 4 race? United surely favourites? Spurs with Conte will give it a good shake. You boys the dark horse? Need more cattle imo and think the team that can pick up a quality signing or two in the next week could be the one that makes the difference.

Traore to Spurs? Is that still on?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We'll see mate. Personally think we screwed things up earlier with the amount of draws we've had but football is a funny game.

You are only as good as your next match, so Liverpool need to respond to City's result with a win in a few hours. If, and that's a BIG if, we win our games in hand then being 6 points behind does give us some hope.

How you feeling about the top 4 race? United surely favourites? Spurs with Conte will give it a good shake. You boys the dark horse? Need more cattle imo and think the team that can pick up a quality signing or two in the next week could be the one that makes the difference.

Traore to Spurs? Is that still on?
if we dont beat burnley tomorrow morning than top 4 will be tough to get, I honestly dk what's gonna happen with transfers atm. last I checked wolves don't want traore to leave this window