Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair, the difference isn’t the injuries but the quality of depth there.

Basically other than Walker, the rest of their defense played less than 20 game. You guys had Robertson and TAA play basically every single game. City played half the season with Fernandinho at the back, you played a good chunk of the season with Henderson at the back. The difference is that their 4th choice was better than your 4th choice.

They had a healthier midfield but a weaker attack through injuries.

My first few posts on the issue mentioned that Liverpool did have players out through injury, but the issue was that the drop off wasn’t purely on injuries. United had 5 players from the first 11 injured at one time too. It happens, this season we’ve literally had to roll out Matic at centre back in the champions league and only a few games ago we were playing Phil Jones who is our 4th or 5th choice centre back, but that isn’t stopping the critics digging out our defense, and that’s fair because we all have a squad for a reason and other teams also have injuries.

I just went though all the line ups, and Liverpool had at least 4 of Thiago, Fabinho, Ox, Henderson, Milner or Jones available for any given match. Yes they were all out at some point but you always had a midfield that featured three first team caliber players. You guys also had your front three available for the whole season. Your fullbacks were also available every match. So it was your centre backs that were the problem, and no one expects you to win the league with your 4th choice centre back starting but you guys had a near 30 point drop off from the season prior ? Surely part of that is on the coaches and players that are available
OK mate. Love the trouble you've gone to to reply to this so I'll attempt to come back at you. Though it is bloody late over here!

Your initial point:

"Out of your main starting 11, only VVD and Henderson played less than 30 games? Your front three played almost every game, your fullbacks were fit for the season and Allison only really missed 4 games etc."

Now you're saying:

"The difference isn't the injuries but the quality of depth."

The first point is that we really didn't have that many injuries to key players so we should've been OK. While the second one is saying we had injuries but the problem was depth. Bit contradictory, no?

The statement that only VVD and Henderson (from the starting 11) played fewer than 30 games is nuts and plain wrong. Leave to the side that clearly this isn't true as was shown by the amount of appearance (or distinct lack of) from players like Matip, Gomez, Thiago, etc.

Players need to be rested. Others get injured. So, starting your top 11 every game is never possible anyway so you need players to step in. The issue with Liverpool was that even the 'deputies' were injured so we had to start chopping things around.

You'll say this them means we needed more depth, true to a point but we only had two more CBs play and 2 more CMs play than City for example. Considering both you and coach have been trying to claim that City's injuries were just as bad, doesn't this demonstrate that we had to dig deeper into our depth to get players?

You point to Liverpool having at least "4 of Thiago, Fabinho, Ox, Henderson, Milner or Jones" as some type of measurement to us not having it difficult with injuries? How many games, continual games, could 3-4 of those players play together? How many of those games was Fab playing in CB? Hendo as a CB? Milner at RB?

You're really simplifying this when it's not simple at all. You can't expect a midfield to be functional when a player like Thiago is coming back from a major injury? Or Ox? Or Jones? Or Hendo? It doesn't work that way. There needs to be continuation and fluidity. I'm sure you can agree on that, so saying that they 4 were 'available' at all times is way too simplistic of thinking.

And we haven't even talked about the backline of Liverpool. Was it 16 different partnerships? That affects the whole team mate, the midfield included. Especially the fullbacks. You say that they were available all year, sure, they were. But, they had 16 different partnerships to play alongside. how the hell are they supposed to function like that?

But, to you it's simply saying that 4 CMs were available for each match means there weren't any true injury issues ...

Liverpool made mistakes. Without doubt. I've always said that and I think any Liverpool fans has said the same.

The biggest mistake in hindsight was moving Fabinho back to CB as it then left a gaping hole in midfield that couldn't be adequately covered by other players. It offset the balance in the team, and it was a tactical mistake by the club and Klopp. We should've got another CB in as early as possible. We didn't.

I've said it already that we made a number of mistakes in not bringing in reinforcements to our backs. Agree that Liverpool can't blame injuries completely on our form. We should've reacted differently as a club, we didn't.

But the rest of the tosh you're spewing out about Liverpool is hilarious mate. Anyway to dance around the facts. Liverpool got fucked by injuries. Plain and simple. Of course we made mistakes, but to argue that we didn't have injuries is just trolling mate. And we both know that you're doing that now ;)

Enjoy the convo though! But it's killing my sleep

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The botox one with the veneer teeth has managed to wiggle his way into the Aust open.
They we’re doing the same in Kyrgios match.
Whats the go with that?

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
honestly how embarrassing is chelsea atm all that spending on forwards and there top goal scorer is jorginho

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'd have a pretty good water polo side if soccer doesn't work out

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
honestly how embarrassing is chelsea atm all that spending on forwards and there top goal scorer is jorginho
They haven't had a manager stay for long than 2.5 years since Mourinho from 2004-2007. Its in the clubs culture now to down tools until a new manager comes in every 18 months.

Conte, Sarri, Lampard and Tuchel in the past 5 years.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United have one major issue in securing the 4th place trophy. DON CONTE

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s been the same with us for years (since Costa at least), last year we had Tammy and Giroud there as back-up, this year the Lukaku shit-show has hurt us and there’s a problem with team morale at present.

I’m a huge Tuchel fan but he’s killing me talking about player tiredness when we’ve had the exact same 8/11 starters in the last 3 games, he needs to fucking rotate the squad and rest some players and tweak the formation with 2 up front or play with Havertz or Werner in a shallow false 9 role.

The natives are getting restless…

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
United have one major issue in securing the 4th place trophy. DON CONTE
Meanwhile DON KLOPP has just taken Liverpool to another final. Other than than that Ole has a similar record to him.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Anyone have the stats how many finals Ferguson took Utd in first 6 years of his tenure , not trophies as we know DON KLOPP has won more trophies in the same time frame, but finals .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile DON KLOPP has just taken Liverpool to another final. Other than than that Ole has a similar record to him.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Anyone have the stats how many finals Ferguson took Utd in first 6 years of his tenure , not trophies as we know DON KLOPP has won more trophies in the same time frame, but finals .
Klopps 7th season this one
15/16 his first, but your a Liverpool man you should know that
Yes klopps won 4 trophy’s and been in 4 finals? I think?

Ferguson 7 trophy’s and 4 finals I think?

But klopp could catch him this year if he wins 3

Hope that answers your question DON LFC
Have a nice day

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Ferguson 6 trophy’s and 4 finals I think?

But klopp could catch him this year if he wins 2

Have a nice day
Hook. Line. Sinker.

GOT HIM hahaha

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahahah now change their tune coz their wrong
Bahahhahahahahha love it love it
Love it

“Quick let’s pretend we’re joking”

Hahahhahahah

Nah nah nah nah goodbye goodbye

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahahah now change their time coz their wrong
Bahahhahahahahha love it love it
Love it

“Quick let’s pretend we’re joking”

Hahahhahahah

Nah nah nah nah goodbye goodbye
And still going. LOVE IT! Hahahaha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Ferguson 6 trophy’s and 4 finals I think?

But klopp could catch him this year if he wins 2

Have a nice day
What makes me laugh so much about you Coach is that you always run away and hide when challenged. It's fucking hilarious.

Can imagine you at school when you were younger run home and crying to mummy ;)

Your numbers are wrong btw, but that's OK. We know you're not much of a statman based on previous experience!

Haha. Good to see you in the banter thread though mate. Always a good laugh with the #statman about

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

All correct
First 7 seasons he won
1x fa cup
1x Epl
1x EFl
2x FA community
1x European cup winners cup
1X super cup

7 trophies
Klopps 7th year not 6
And Ferguson did win more trophy’s after 7
Which part of this is incorrect?

All for banter but if you get called out on lies don’t sook
Can’t say I’m wrong without proving it
But not suprised

Have a good weekend lads

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

All correct
First 7 seasons he won
1x fa cup
1x Epl
1x EFl
2x FA community
1x European cup winners cup
1X super cup

7 trophies
Klopps 7th year not 6
And Ferguson did win more trophy’s after 7
Which part of this is incorrect?

All for banter but if you get called out on lies don’t sook
Can’t say I’m wrong without proving it
But not suprised

Have a good weekend lads
He said first 6 seasons mate. First 6 seasons.

And those numbers weren't what you wrote so again you're wrong.

So wrong twice.

Know you won't come back and admit it tho lol

Nice seeing you communicating tho mate. Funny you do that when you only think you're right.

Imagine you'll sook now and not reply, again being hypocritical but we're all used to that, aren't we?

Wonder if you'll come back and admit you're wrong.

He was wrong too btw.

First 6 seasons, as he stated, Fergie had won 5 trophies to Klopp's 4. Same amount of finals.

As I said. He got you hook line and sinker.

Nice that you're communicating again with me pal. Missed you so much hahaha

Last edited: