Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing like Liverpool winding up opposition supporters. It's madness but jealousy is a curse
Game is being rescheduled, will wait for confirmation and the meltdown that will follow

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I need a name better than Chelski and a name for Livo...

I have

ManUre
Man Shitty
Arsenhole

I don't bother with the rest of the shit comp.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That is embarrassing banter. Leicester have bigger trophies than you recently. B. Rodgers slapped you guys up before 4 goals conceded.

You are harking back to history lessons as United fans. 5 nil at home this season those are the facts.
The same B.Rodgers who let a title slip with 3 weeks to go on a season. The same Brendan Rodgers who had a 14 point lead on top 4 with about 10 games to go and ended up in 5th? And then the following season just needing a draw against United on the final day to cement top 4 but ended but losing to a team with Lingard and Pereria starting ?

Everything is history. If we only talk about recent history than recently United finished above Liverpool and Chelsea? But that’s not how football works and you know it

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The PL was gone by the time Klopp arrived, we were already low on the ladder and whilst he didn’t really turn things around in the PL a very mediocre Liverpool squad he did manage away wins at Man City and Chelsea along with making the final of the Europa and Carabao cups. Pretty good achievement in a short space of time with the squad at his disposal.
Ragnick may turn things around , he diedinitely is trying things which is a start but the system he’s trying to implement he does not have the cattle to play it right now.
Bruno benched last game so at least he has a clear vision of the types of players he wants in his line up
What Klopp did was impressive but he still needed a few months before Liverpool showed any consistency, plus Rangnick hasn’t had a chance to show what he has in any cup competitions yet.

We’ve tried to build a system around the players we have for ages now, Ole needed to play 4-2-4 to accommodate everyone, it’s just not feasible. You need to build a system and find players to fit the managers style of play. City and Liverpool have remained so consistent due to their systems. The likes of Jota go from average PL players to consistent goal scorers because they follow Klopps instructions etc

If players aren’t going to adapt to Rangnick and the foundation he plays in place than they should leave, there will be teething problems but it should benefit us in the long term.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have to agree. For us to win only one title and champions league under Klopp will be massive let down. You don't get medals for finishing second
What surprises me most is you don’t have any domestic cups. No shame to losing to this state backed City side but you guys really should have chased a few cups to really maximize your winnings.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Such a lazy take tbh.

Amazed at home many excuses are racked up by United supporters and it doesn't make sense.

The team's that United have played against since Ralph took over have been ordinary. You'd hope that your defensive display would be better!

The reality is that De Gea is the only reason these teams didn't score more against you, nothing to do with structure. Plus, your opposition were terrible. Wolves have scored now many goals this year?

This comparison with Klopp's first year is so boring in all honesty. Can't believe you've gone there as expected more from you. I mean really?

United's current squad is one of the most expensively assembled in history. 6 months ago you ploughed how much into Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane? The window before that?

The excuse making needs to stop imo as with the squad you have you should be doing a lot better. Let's not forget that at the start of this season you boys were talking up your title challenging chances and how Ronaldo was going to reshape your attack. You weren't saying the squad needed a clean out then?

Then to compare it against Klopp's team saying they needed more time. Have a look at the squad he started with mate. Damn. People should give the guy credit for how he turned Liverpool around!

I believe Ralph needs more time. You can't implement a new system overnight, so I agree with you there. What's shocking for me is the lack of passion and commitment you guys are displaying. How many players want out? That's what's shocking for me, and adding that to the poor form.

It doesn't look good
We were conceding 4 goals to the likes of Watford mate, things were the worst I had ever seen them as a United supporter. We still concede chances but not like before when games would be decided within the first 15 minutes of the match.

In theory this squad has all the talent to challenge but it’s just not working, there is no other way around it then to clear out some of the players. Klopp took over a weaker side but the concept I was talking about was how it took him a while to implement his vision, and then he needed to bring in the likes of VVD, Salah and Mane to play HIS way.

We have big money players but if they can’t play the way Rangnick wants then what are we supposed to do? We can complain all we want but they just won’t do what the manager is asking. You need to remove the problem from a dressing room that has given up on 3 managers now.

Players want out and it’s disgraceful how they’re acting, anyone who wants out should be sold this month. But there is nothing we can do otherwise

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The same B.Rodgers who let a title slip with 3 weeks to go on a season. The same Brendan Rodgers who had a 14 point lead on top 4 with about 10 games to go and ended up in 5th? And then the following season just needing a draw against United on the final day to cement top 4 but ended but losing to a team with Lingard and Pereria starting ?

Everything is history. If we only talk about recent history than recently United finished above Liverpool and Chelsea? But that’s not how football works and you know it
Finished above and won nothing. Leicester have more silverware than the Old trafford minnows

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were conceding 4 goals to the likes of Watford mate, things were the worst I had ever seen them as a United supporter. We still concede chances but not like before when games would be decided within the first 15 minutes of the match.

In theory this squad has all the talent to challenge but it’s just not working, there is no other way around it then to clear out some of the players. Klopp took over a weaker side but the concept I was talking about was how it took him a while to implement his vision, and then he needed to bring in the likes of VVD, Salah and Mane to play HIS way.

We have big money players but if they can’t play the way Rangnick wants then what are we supposed to do? We can complain all we want but they just won’t do what the manager is asking. You need to remove the problem from a dressing room that has given up on 3 managers now.

Players want out and it’s disgraceful how they’re acting, anyone who wants out should be sold this month. But there is nothing we can do otherwise
So, because you're not conceding 4 against the teams you've played (who've all been at the bottom end of the league btw) you're marking it down as an improvement? Again, De Gea has been in incredible form and there were a good number of games where he'd pull off 2-3 absolute world class saves. Results could've easily had been different.

Again, I agree with you that he needs more time as all new managers do. No one can expect him to turn it around in such a short time.

But, tactically you're getting it all wrong. And you are. The players aren't buying into it. Which is clear.

For me football is all about attitude and worryingly for you your attitude on and off the field is absolutely shocking. Feel for Ralph as can't believe players are already throwing him under the bus.

Btw. In theory you've got the players to challenge for the title? Nah mate. Come on. You had one 'decent' year last year when the rest of the league was decimated for different reasons, and your boys talk up your squad.

Only player that would potentially make it into either City or Liverpool's first team is De Gea but even then ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, because you're not conceding 4 against the teams you've played (who've all been at the bottom end of the league btw) you're marking it down as an improvement? Again, De Gea has been in incredible form and there were a good number of games where he'd pull off 2-3 absolute world class saves. Results could've easily had been different.

Again, I agree with you that he needs more time as all new managers do. No one can expect him to turn it around in such a short time.

But, tactically you're getting it all wrong. And you are. The players aren't buying into it. Which is clear.

For me football is all about attitude and worryingly for you your attitude on and off the field is absolutely shocking. Feel for Ralph as can't believe players are already throwing him under the bus.

Btw. In theory you've got the players to challenge for the title? Nah mate. Come on. You had one 'decent' year last year when the rest of the league was decimated for different reasons, and your boys talk up your squad.

Only player that would potentially make it into either City or Liverpool's first team is De Gea but even then ...
Oh, Ronaldo would get into City's team obviously ...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Whilst it’s miles off where we need to be, not conceding all those goals is a step forward but it’s one out of a hundred that we need to take.

Tactically we’re a mess but I just don’t see a way around it other than sticking to it and hoping players pick it up. We are trying to go from a non-pressing 4-2-4 under Ole to a heavy pressing 4-2-2-2 under Rangnick, and doing that in the middle of the busiest month of the season is a recipe for disaster. Like I said before regarding player behavior, sometimes the only way out is to cut the cord, I’m not sure if I’m missing your point but I don’t see what other option we have regarding the players downing tools?

There’s rumours today that players are upset because Ronaldo is trying to push the dressing room to knuckle down, for all the criticism he does get, there is as also very credible reports when Ole was in charge that Ronaldo was one of the biggest influences on trying to keep the dressing room focused. If players are upset that the GOAT has high expectations of them then what are they doing at England’s most successful club? This is Manchester United, If you don’t want to die for the shirt then you need to leave.

The money we spent over the past 10 years is irrelevant to the future now. We misspent the money and that’s why most of that was spent on players who aren’t even here anymore. We’ve finally put together some sort of structure, we’ve finally got people in positions who have a footballing background, surely we will give them more than 4 weeks before jumping on their backs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m missing your point but I don’t see what other option we have regarding the players downing tools?
You're not missing the point. This is why @coach and I don't bother with him when it comes to United. He only hears what he wants to hear, even if you clearly answer his points, he pretends you never answered it and sticks to his original point

You have a lot more patience than I do.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're not missing the point. This is why coach and I don't bother with him when it comes to United. He only hears what he wants to hear, even if you clearly answer his points, he pretends you never answered it and sticks to his original point

You have a lot more patience than I do.
*Don't bother or are too scared lol

Honestly never seen bigger cowards that you two on here. Seriously. Throw around banter but when it comes back that you.

Off to the hills and no one sees you. It's hilarious.

My point had been clear from the start. You're not good enough. You have twisted and changed and wriggled to try and say other things but the point has always been the same. You're not good enough.

Why would I have to change my point?

He brought up Klopp and saying he needed time, and I agree. But tactically you could see from day one what he was trying to do. Tactically the players bought into it from day one even tho it took time to implement.

He talks about cutting the cord as being the answer. So you're going to get rid of half the squad? That's your answer?

Could it be possibly that Ralph isn't the answer also?

Stop being a coward mate. Stop hiding. Thought more of you. Not coach, but you usually stand up for what you believe in

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop being a coward mate. Stop hiding. Thought more of you. Not coach, but you usually stand up for what you believe in
Get off your high horse and accept that others are done with your flip flopping bullshit ffs

It's enough that you're endlessly tagging me in posts

I'm not interested in your overly biased opinion.

All of United and their fans are shit,there that should make you happy

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst it’s miles off where we need to be, not conceding all those goals is a step forward but it’s one out of a hundred that we need to take.

Tactically we’re a mess but I just don’t see a way around it other than sticking to it and hoping players pick it up. We are trying to go from a non-pressing 4-2-4 under Ole to a heavy pressing 4-2-2-2 under Rangnick, and doing that in the middle of the busiest month of the season is a recipe for disaster. Like I said before regarding player behavior, sometimes the only way out is to cut the cord, I’m not sure if I’m missing your point but I don’t see what other option we have regarding the players downing tools?

There’s rumours today that players are upset because Ronaldo is trying to push the dressing room to knuckle down, for all the criticism he does get, there is as also very credible reports when Ole was in charge that Ronaldo was one of the biggest influences on trying to keep the dressing room focused. If players are upset that the GOAT has high expectations of them then what are they doing at England’s most successful club? This is Manchester United, If you don’t want to die for the shirt then you need to leave.

The money we spent over the past 10 years is irrelevant to the future now. We misspent the money and that’s why most of that was spent on players who aren’t even here anymore. We’ve finally put together some sort of structure, we’ve finally got people in positions who have a footballing background, surely we will give them more than 4 weeks before jumping on their backs.
Sorry, should've got to this before the idiot.

You're right. Or maybe you're not? Is it a step forward if half the squad are already protesting against the manager? Madness imo though how much of it is true I don't know?

You say you're tactically some way off. But is that 100% down to the players? I understand it takes time, especially when you're trying to teach a new set of players how to press in unison when they haven't done it in years. I know it means their fitness levels need to be much higher, which naturally means it takes longer to implement.

I understand all of this which is why I think he should be given more time.

But ... at present he doesn't seem to be elevating anyone's level of play. Has one player got remotely better under him? Both fullbacks were binned, no? Or were they injured? But in your recent loss they weren't good. Your CBs are still shit. CMs aren't any better. Attack still disjointed. I don't see any improvement. Happy to be corrected as know you see more than me when it comes to United.

The question is why are your players downing tools? And apparently in such large numbers? Surely questions need to be asked of your manager if that's the case? Have been saying for years your squad isn't good enough, but still. They're missing the basic commitment to United.

I've been pretty big against Ronaldo, and I stick to my opinion that he wasn't the right person to bring in for you. I personally think your current form vindicates that opinion.

However, I remember the Newcastle game when he was making some really good runs in the channels and behind the defenders but no one could find him. Again and again and again he was in space but the last pass would either be fucked up or not taken. Had you had a better midfielder in there, he'd be playing much better. I mean, it is his job as the striker to score goals but he needs to get the ball first. So, I'll give you that about it and I do think the outright criticism of him is a little unfair.

Says more about your midfield, especially players like Bruno who are supposed to be feeding him. My feeling was that you guys would score a shitload of goals this season but concede a heap. Your issues with attack really really surprise me tbh.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get off your high horse and accept that others are done with your flip flopping bullshit ffs

My flip flopping?

Only just before you said I always "stick to my original point" but now I'm flip-flopping? Which one is it?

I'm confused now tbh as you're calling me out on one thing, but then calling me out on the exact opposite? Maybe you're just making things up to suit your agenda against me?

I do flip flip on occassions though, but I prefer "changing my opinion" rather than the term you used.

Arsenal for example. I was lauding them for being brilliant. Next week I said they were shit. A month later I'm saying they're brilliant. Can't quite work them out tbh. So, if you want to call that flip-flopping then do that by all means.

On United?

Blah. As you said. I generally stick to my main point and don't deter from that so I'd hardly call that flip-flopping. There have been occassions I've changed my views. On De Gea and Ronaldo for example. Last year too with Shaw I was really impressed with his form and openly said I was wrong on him. Though, he's back to his normal shit standard now so maybe I was right?

My points about United have been the same for years, and really aren't any different from what I can see? So, not sure where the flip flopping is coming from there?

As for being on my "high horse" ... maybe? Are you saying that as if I can't accept I get things wrong? And that I'm always right when it comes to United? I gather that's what you're saying judging by our conversation here.

Well ... with United I do think I'm right. And I do think the present results show that I'm right with what I was talking about, but at the same time I'm happy to hear different views which is why I'm enjoying the conversation with @Bulldog_4_Life as I like different views.

I get shit wrong all the time mate. Hands always go up and admit it when I do. Put in my place in the Liverpool thread and have no issues with so not sure why you're trying to make this all a popularity contest?

Do you think I care if people are done with my apparently "flip flopping bullshit"? Maybe you're here to make friends and follow the wave of what you claim is popular support but I prefer to think for myself ... You have a group of people who all think the same? Good for you mate. Not how I do things but if that's what you want. Fair play.

Honestly though?

You come on here and try and banter which is exactly what you were doing. You do that but when people respond you go into hiding. You called me out about it being banter but then when it's thrown back at you there's silence. And you wonder why I tag you into conversations?

If you're sick of me, then stop jumping into conversations? Wouldn't that be a good start? Stop openly trolling people? Isn't that a good idea?

You got what you wanted and had me banned from the United thread which was the right thing. No problem. But, if you can't handle discussions elsewhere and want people to blow smoke up your arse all the time stay there. Isnt' that better?

Was having a civil conversation with bulldog_4_life and you jumped in and tried to turn things around. I'm sure he can speak for himself, so let him. But I see that as pretty poor form though as the guy has a shitload of footy knowledge and isn't stupid. He'll tell me to fuck off and he will if he feels like I'm wrong. Which is great!

To me you jumping into our conversation is the ultimate "get off your high horse" moment. Let other people think and communicate for themselves, stop thinking that your way and views are the only way.

Stop being hypocritical mate.

If you don't want contact with me, stop coming in here and bantering me. Stop jumping into my conversations with others. It's pretty simple, no?

Btw. You think I have problems with Man U supporters? Why would you think that? Because I think you and coach are dicks? That's nothing to do with you being a United supporter mate, it's just what I think of you as a person. I honestly think you're a dick. No offense. Just my opinion. You feel the same about me and you're right. I can be a dick.

The thing is though, I've been having a respectful conversation here with a United supporter. Nothing personal. Normal conversation where we both take some time to write our own opinions. I have PM chats with a number of United supporters on here. No problems.

Got nothing againt United supporters at all. Just don't like dicks.

Maybe it's time you "get off your high horse" mate as this whole thread isn't about you? And it's not always a United - Liverpool thing either btw ... get over your stupid tribal rivalry.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sad little fello isn’t he, wonders why nobody talks to him lol
Talk about slow
He will get the hint one day mate that none of us respect the biased dribble he posts