English Import Lee Mossop Claims Super League Is More Physical Than The NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels English forward Lee Mossop may have spend most of the season on the sidelines, but he has told the BBC that Super League is more physical than the NRL.Mossop, who made the move from Wigan to the Parramatta Eels at the end of last year, played his first game of his NRL career against the North Queensland Cowboys last weekend in a game that saw the Eels come away 18-16 winners.

That was enough for Mossop to make the following quote:

“The Aussies like to rate the NRL competition as the best in the world and they’re probably not wrong,”
“It’s a lot faster but a lot of people expect it to be harder but I think Super League is a more physical competition.”

It is a fair quote to make after just 32 minutes of football for the entire 2014 season.Mossop of course is entitled to his opinion but he would want to hope that it isn’t one that too many opposition forwards in the NRL pick up on.The type of statement Mossop has made is more than welcome in Super League where most clubs are make up of semi professional quality players, but in the NRL a player can really get punished when they make big statements like this.When Mossop plays more than 32 minutes of football we will see how he goes I guess. If the NRL is less physical than Super League then Mossop will no doubt be a super star for the Eels.Lets see how he goes for the rest of the season

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Making statements after 32 mins of play?

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to see him against the dogs forward pack, oh wait that's tomorrow see how you go agains a real forward's watch out for him getting steamrolled by kas and klemmer

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah and his been in the NSW CUP for most of the year as well.
No he hasn't.

He had shoulder surgery in the off season and has only just been passed match fit. I think he had one or two games for Wentworthville, but basically missed the first ten rounds or so injured.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can u really say that after 32 minutes of the bench?? Lol geez I hope our forwards pump him

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a real smart comment to make,
This guy will no doubt have a massive target on his back for the next few games

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL, I know the Super League is a forwards game since most of their halves and backs are meh but compared to our competition the have noting on us... Once he gets hammered he might rethink about it lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well at least his got 32 mins more experience at NRL than paul kent and any other 'expert' sports reporter ...lol ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels English forward Lee Mossop may have spend most of the season on the sidelines, but he has told the BBC that Super League is more physical than the NRL.Mossop, who made the move from Wigan to the Parramatta Eels at the end of last year, played his first game of his NRL career against the North Queensland Cowboys last weekend in a game that saw the Eels come away 18-16 winners.

That was enough for Mossop to make the following quote:

“The Aussies like to rate the NRL competition as the best in the world and they’re probably not wrong,”
“It’s a lot faster but a lot of people expect it to be harder but I think Super League is a more physical competition.”

It is a fair quote to make after just 32 minutes of football for the entire 2014 season.Mossop of course is entitled to his opinion but he would want to hope that it isn’t one that too many opposition forwards in the NRL pick up on.The type of statement Mossop has made is more than welcome in Super League where most clubs are make up of semi professional quality players, but in the NRL a player can really get punished when they make big statements like this.When Mossop plays more than 32 minutes of football we will see how he goes I guess. If the NRL is less physical than Super League then Mossop will no doubt be a super star for the Eels.Lets see how he goes for the rest of the season
[video]http://i.imgur.com/aBFaV.gif[/video]

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That statement has a touch of Willie Mason about it. Did this guy even look dominant during 32 minute stint?

I'm guessing our forward pack were already going to be out for blood this week after two successive losses. If he's brave enough to question the physicality of the NRL forwards before playing a dogs pack that will fire up then i hope he's prepared himself for a big week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Debut: Round 13 vs North Qld
Minutes: 32
Runs / Receives: 11 for 106m
Tackles: 13
Errors: 1
Missed Tackles: 1

Not bad stats at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.