Elliott the strongest at the Dogs (according to Lewis)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This hits the nail on the head.
Not the most skilful footballer but effort, attitude and hard work you’d never question. His community work and support for his brother among other things deserve high praise.
And no, I don’t care about his mistake on Mad Monday - his regret is obvious. He’s a good fella. How he goes this year is going to be interesting to watch in terms of staking his claim for a new contract.
The players say he lifts them too.
You need someone like that in the squad, especially with a pretty quiet captain like Jackson and so many young guys in the team

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to comment on this.... but spent that much time banned lately I think I’ll just pop back outta this topic :grimacing:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to comment on this.... but spent that much time banned lately I think I’ll just pop back outta this topic :grimacing:
Banned is your choice mate.
Express your opinion whatever it is.
Perhaps choose your words more carefully.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bad news everybody! Elliott has gotten an ankle injury during an opposed session and will miss the All stars game and trials. Even worse news, he should be right for round one.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haaa haaa.
Bad news everybody! Elliott has gotten an ankle injury during an opposed session and will miss the All stars game and trials. Even worse news, he should be right for round one.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
FACT : His hit ups are completely dominated by the opposition defence

FACT : the opposition forwards brush him off with fucking ease when hes trying to tackle. Which makes me seriously doubt hes the strongest in our club probably another PR activity initiated by him

FACT : he only ever makes metres when the rest of our forwards are going good. Hes never a game changer in benefit for us, usually hes a game changer in benefit to the opposition

FACT : He either gives away the stupidest of penalties, or drops the ball, or mindlessly runs over the touch line and fucks things up for us, just as we're getting some momentum.

My Guess : hes a coaches pet that knows how to get on the good side of coaches hes got (hes done this with hasler too not just pay). He purposefully makes himself available for all media to somehow paint hinself as the face of our club so he doesnt get dropped. Fuck the shit **** probably picks up the training cones and does the team washing of training and game day jerseys just so he can stay in the 17
This is just straight up nonsense.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

FACT : the opposition forwards brush him off with fucking ease when hes trying to tackle. Which makes me seriously doubt hes the strongest in our club probably another PR activity initiated by him

FACT : he only ever makes metres when the rest of our forwards are going good. Hes never a game changer in benefit for us, usually hes a game changer in benefit to the opposition

FACT : He either gives away the stupidest of penalties, or drops the ball, or mindlessly runs over the touch line and fucks things up for us, just as we're getting some momentum.

My Guess : hes a coaches pet that knows how to get on the good side of coaches hes got (hes done this with hasler too not just pay). He purposefully makes himself available for all media to somehow paint hinself as the face of our club so he doesnt get dropped. Fuck the shit **** probably picks up the training cones and does the team washing of training and game day jerseys just so he can stay in the 17
That is just 100% nonsense.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is just straight up nonsense.
That is just 100% nonsense.
Nope. He does stupid useless shit.

Oh look soufs are playing the ball right on our goal line, i think I'll dawdle back into our already set defensive line and get in the way of their hookers pass so that they can have another set of six onnour goalline even though its last tackle. 2018 first game vs soufs. That had to be the fucking stupidest penalty I've seen given way and soufs scores off tht penalty.

Fucking utter disgrace

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh look soufs are playing the ball right on our goal line, i think I'll dawdle back into our already set defensive line and get in the way of their hookers pass so that they can have another set of six onnour goalline even though its last tackle. 2018 first game vs soufs. That had to be the fucking stupidest penalty I've seen given way and soufs scores off tht penalty.
Fucking utter disgrace
So the best example you have is 2 years old, really ............

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Fucking utter disgrace
Lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really cant understand the hate for Adam Elliott. He is one of the best trainers in the squad.
I know he has made a few basic errors but tell me a first grader who hasnt.
He puts in at 100% all the time. I dont think that can be said about a few others in the pack.
After Jackson, he will be the first backrower picked.
Hard trainer and puts in 100% of the time are all the major call signs of a plodder! Which is exactly what Elliott is.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Dude, did Elliott give you a wedgie in a past life or something, you seem to really have it in for him. I enjoy a bit of banter around Elliott, and it can be handy to have something soft to chuck at the TV on occasion when he has a brain snap, but he is a wholehearted player, the team often seems to lift when he gets onto the field. He is often the player leading the team in defense, he helps our defensive line speed. Yes he absolutely hits some good runs on the back of some momentum in attack, but isn't that what a decent forward is supposed to do, have a bit of game awareness and line up ready for a quick play the ball to run hard at a defense already on its heels?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude, did Elliott give you a wedgie in a past life or something, you seem to really have it in for him. I enjoy a bit of banter around Elliott, and it can be handy to have something soft to chuck at the TV on occasion when he has a brain snap, but he is a wholehearted player, the team often seems to lift when he gets onto the field. He is often the player leading the team in defense, he helps our defensive line speed. Yes he absolutely hits some good runs on the back of some momentum in attack, but isn't that what a decent forward is supposed to do, have a bit of game awareness and line up ready for a quick play the ball to run hard at a defense already on its heels?
All that is great but he has a major habit of making momentum turning errors in defence and attack. His ball control is questionable at best and he has no discipline in defence. For a so called senior player his composure is terrible. Someone called him the Josh Reynolds of forwards a few seasons again and it’s spot on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All that is great but he has a major habit of making momentum turning errors in defence and attack. His ball control is questionable at best and he has no discipline in defence. For a so called senior player his composure is terrible. Someone called him the Josh Reynolds of forwards a few seasons again and it’s spot on.
Didn’t Reynolds have strong seasons in a key position during our last two grand final years?

Give me players who bring commitment and energy over mistake free robots, or flashy players who regularly clock off and look like they don’t want to be there any day.

Yes, he gas dumb errors in his game, but he does plenty of good things and motivates players around him too.

he may be frustrating at time’s, but he’s far from a plodder.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn’t Reynolds have strong seasons in a key position during our last two grand final years?

Give me players who bring commitment and energy over mistake free robots, or flashy players who regularly clock off and look like they don’t want to be there any day.

Yes, he gas dumb errors in his game, but he does plenty of good things and motivates players around him too.

he may be frustrating at time’s, but he’s far from a plodder.
Well Elliott hasn’t led us to anything but poor results so far in his career. I was referring to Elliott’s composure more then anything in the comparison to Reynolds.

He is most definitely a plodder in my view. He is just a average back rower with nothing out standing in his game that has failed to improve after 5 years in grade.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Elliott hasn’t led us to anything but poor results so far in his career. I was referring to Elliott’s composure more then anything in the comparison to Reynolds.

He is most definitely a plodder in my view. He is just a average back rower with nothing out standing in his game that has failed to improve after 5 years in grade.
Whether hes a plodder or not is up to the individual to decide. But he probably the best backrower we have besides Jackson and CHN.
I havnt included Stimson in that group as I want to see him first.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, tipping Elliot to prove a lot of the experts on here wrong in a big way this year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This debate could go on indefinitely. Every player makes errors and poor decisions at times. But with some of them it just gets noticed more because people have it set in their heads that they're the one predominantly making errors. It's been noticeable that once a player has people perceiving that they're poor in this regard, that regardless of whether they improve, they'll still have people failing to see the good things, but highlighting any negative.Take Josh Reynolds for instance. For about a year I got really frustrated with him and his tripping and seemingly regular brain snaps. But he showed some big signs of improvement and it was never recognized. His suspensions fro tripping all all occurred in one season if memory sevres me correctly, but it's still talked about as being a big part of his game. Elliott is sadly in the same boat now and will always have at least a few people that fail to take mental note of when he does good things, but his errors will be seared into their memories until dementia wipes it away. I don't really see the point in going backwards and forwards about it because it's not going to change the opinions of those who select him in the side.

Last year the whole team was highly prone to errors. The thing that annoyed me most was that early on they would frequently occur right as we had begun to remove ourselves from pressure situations.

Rather than judge on the fact that many already have preconceived opinions, why not head into this season with an open mind. Allow yourselves to imagine that it's time to offer every player a clean slate and hope that they show us the best form they've provided yet in their careers. It's far less frustrating than getting ready to yell at a player every time they touch the ball.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

agree with everything

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliot isnt the man to lift us back into finals contention on his own..but we seem to have a better balanced side for 2020 and 21 with the addition of our pommy export. pity some of the so called supporters dont show as much heart as this guy.