Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliott thinks our attack is fine

JJ said it needs to improve
Don’t get me wrong, I do think we need to improve .... there are definitely things we could do better...

But Jacko is the captain... Elliott is a fairly new member of the team, is a forward and I’d expect Jacko to be more critical in his appraisal... he’s more experienced and he’s in a position where he should be taking responsibility, so good on him.

I think Elliott has points too. As much as our attack could improve, we did throw a bit at them last night and their d was great. I don’t think he said we couldn’t improve... he said he thought a lot of other teams wouldn’t have held us out... I don’t know he’s not right about that.

In any case, he’s playing ok as far as I can see...and if our forwards continue to do their job the fluency in attack will come.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I do think we need to improve .... there are definitely things we could do better...

But Jacko is the captain... Elliott is a fairly new member of the team, is a forward and I’d expect Jacko to be more critical in his appraisal... he’s more experienced and he’s in a position where he should be taking responsibility, so good on him.

I think Elliott has points too. As much as our attack could improve, we did throw a bit at them last night and their d was great. I don’t think he said we couldn’t improve... he said he thought a lot of other teams wouldn’t have held us out... I don’t know he’s not right about that.

In any case, he’s playing ok as far as I can see...and if our forwards continue to do their job the fluency in attack will come.
I actually didn’t think Elliott played badly last night (drop ball aside that didn’t cost us)

He defended well , couple good shots to rev up the team

Like I said in another post our defence has improved last two games but we just need more polish on our sets/attack in their red zone...

JMK is a good solid player tough defender... but we need some creativity at 6 and 9 to help Foran our and get Mbye just concentrate on fullback

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Clueless. Yes the Roosters defended well, but we often looked lost on the 5th and were just making it up as we went along. We only ever looked dangerous when Mbye or Morris almost made line breaks, but we were always just roped in.
Agreed. Rubbish kicking game. No kicks behind the wingers in attacking zone and poor kicks from JMK. One decent bomb and 2 decent cross field kicks.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Elliot honestly just shut the fuck up.

Big mouth error creating mis tackling side show bob looking mother ****.

You couldn’t even make a fucking under 7s team you unco shit
The greatest comment I’ve read in my time on the kennel

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Side to side bullshit attack. We have Foran to play direct. Fucking play direct.
Get some gaps. Fuck me Woodsy and Klem played awesome. The starting pack did great. We can hold and monster any pack. But they need speed to break through.
Hoppa needs to go he is done in attack. Put in Holland or Lewis or anyone with toe

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyway. Makes a half break and then drops the ball. He can't talk. I see the potential. I'd love to get Jason Taylor as an attacking coach.
I think he and Cooper are on different pages. Hence why they aren't clicking

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that you have to keep moral up, but not admitting the poor state of our attack is delusional.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs forward Adam Elliott has stuck up for his side's attack after they were kept scoreless in the 6-0 loss to the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night.

The Bulldogs were tackled out of the game by the premiership favourites, who defended inside their 20-metre zone for close to 10 extra sets on the goal line.

Elliott credited the Roosters' defensive efforts rather than focus on the Bulldogs' inability to score points in the greasy conditions.

"I don't think many teams would've held us out to zero when we threw so much at them," Elliott told NRL.com after the game.

"You can have a go at our attack but we had a game plan and stuck with it. We built pressure and in this competition, that's the best way to score points ... they were just too good in response.

"Both teams were in the grind and hung in there for play after play. To their credit, they did so well to hold us out. At the end of the second half we had a lot of ball and just couldn't crack it.

"We did all the fundamentals well but it come down to one try and individual skill on their behalf."

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay offered similar comments, arguing his side had made further improvement on their 27-10 victory against the Cowboys in Townsville a week earlier.

"There wasn't much in it," Pay said.

"I just thought from where we were last week I thought we improved again tonight, I really did.

"You can never question their effort. Their effort is fantastic. There were three or four times there where you're one pass away from scoring. We got over the line probably four or five times and couldn't get the ball down.

"You jag one of those and it could be a different story."

The Bulldogs have an eight-day turnaround before heading to Penrith for a second clash against the Penrith Panthers within the space of a month.

"The thing is we're getting close," Pay said.

"If we had of played [the Roosters] the way we played tonight in the first month I think we could've jagged another couple of wins. We've improved from that time and that's what we want to do."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/19...ck-wasnt-an-issue-in-loss-to-sydney-roosters/
I’m convinced,he’s a dumb footballer,we threw everything at them, what fairy floss?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Attack wasn't an issue because an issue is a mild thing like sunburn, it was moire like a disaster such as you would call severe third degree burns.

I'd feel better about this loss if they said they let themselves and fans down rather than talked about this like it was a sign that things were improving.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’re right, it’s woods making dumb **** errors that lead to the only try of the game and kept continuing to make errors, and your own fkn head.
To be fair to Woods he made a genuine attempt to play the ball better than alot of others during the game. I’m not a great fan of his but I think he was the best on ground for us on Thursday . His best effort so far. Forwards could hold their heads up this week. They did their job.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What worried me was that everyone could see that the rooster's wingers were rushing off their line and our playmakers didn't kick over the top to our wingers, seems like Pay didn't talk about it at the break either :/
We should of kicked in behind the line a few times to at least hold up their rushing defence. No one wants to risk turning over the ball on an early tackle. It’s all about game management these days. Well 5 losses from 7 games it’s time to take a few risks. 0 points don’t win a game Deano. Putting in a pass mark performance each week may ultimately cost you. As a coach you ultimately get judged on how many games you win. JMK had a perfect opportunity in the first half but for reasons not know to supporters chose not to kick. Like him as a player but the vision is not there yet and not entrenched enough to play outside the square like the experience half backs.
For mine still appears to be our best half prospect.Only Lewis can threaten him.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Shut the F@ck up Adam..........If you don't score points you don't win simples !!!!!

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is this dope talking if Tolman playing Elliot lucky to be in the side

billy bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a dud Elliott should get a Grammy for those remarks he needs a slap in the face

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
This bloke is a delusional dickhead, most of us on hear could of won that game if they realised there shit attack wasnt gonna break them. Kick 4 penalty goals with the 10 penalties we had right in front of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.