Elliott: Attack wasn't an issue in loss to Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliot is praising out attack , how is that not nonsense.

You want say that the batting wasn't the issue if a cricket team gets out for under 50 runs.
He didn’t praise it, he commended the roosters goal line defence....which was very good.

You’re all talking horse shit...in the first few weeks when we were keakingnpoints prople were saying they’d be happy and willing to show more patience if we showed effort and commitment in d. We are doing so, do there’s the patience?

Seriously ID....some of you are just malcontents.

Ask the roosters if they played a tough game last night.

The attack will take tons. Would help if lichaa wasn’t so indecisive at dummy half and our banks supported our halves and forwards when they poke through the line.

Most of you are being way over the top. Truth.

Time to show a little patience and time ticking team pride and loyalty. I’m sick of the whining on here. If watching footy makes people that miserable they should find another hobby.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s a ignorant (trying to be defiant) comment from Elliott particularly when his skipper said in the presser ‘our defence has improved over past couple weeks but we need to work on execution on attack’
He’s probably right....and he has at no point said our attack can’t improve. So what’s so ignorant about what he said?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He didn’t praise it, he commended the roosters goal line defence....which was very good.

You’re all talking horse shit...in the first few weeks when we were keakingnpoints prople were saying they’d be happy and willing to show more patience if we showed effort and commitment in d. We are doing so, do there’s the patience?

The attack will take tons. Would help if lichaa wasn’t so indecisive at dummy half and our banks supported our halves and forwards when they poke through the line.

Time to show a little patience and time ticking team pride and loyalty. I’m sick of the whining on here. If watching footy makes people that miserable they should find another hobby.
Where's the patience? Well when your team has 50+ tackles in the opposition 20 and fails to score a single point then we as fans absolutely have the right to rip into them and the coach. What we saw last night was absolutely pathetic.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our attack looked a lot slicker with Frawley... but he lets in too many tries.

Hahahahaha we’ve gone too far the other way now

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

mate I am patient as fuck and I wouldn't have been too disappointed had some one told me we are going to lose by 6 points to way over the cap roosters before the game started.

but this is horse shit at epic level and absolutely embarrassing to come out and say "there is nothing wrong with out attack" or "the attack wasn't the issue"

sometimes one is better off keeping the mouth shut when you don't know what to say. Elliot just put salt into our wounds specially his performance has been shit house this year.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
all we asked for is one fucken try in the entire 80 minutes, but as you heard it "there is no issue with the attack"

lol

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucken delusional *****.
That was the singe most boring game I’ve ever attended.
You poor bastard,I feel like starting a go fund me page for you to get your money back
It must have felt like turning up at the Easter show a day late

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mate I am patient as fuck and I wouldn't have been too disappointed had some one told me we are going to lose by 6 points to way over the cap roosters before the game started.

but this is horse shit at epic level and absolutely embarrassing to come out and say "there is nothing wrong with out attack" or "the attack wasn't the issue"

sometimes one is better off keeping the mouth shut when you don't know what to say. Elliot just put salt into our wounds specially his performance has been shit house this year.
Look technically if it’s not there, there can be nothing wrong with it

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“We had a game plan and we stuck with it...”

Now I’m no Einstein, but if your shit isn’t working for 40 or 60 minutes or so, wouldn’t you ditch your game plan and try something new?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not that the attack was poor just last nigh, it has been poor all year - and the last two years.
Yes build pressure! But the point is to build pressure and score points.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

What bonEnse. He’s been one of our better players the last two weeks. Done of you actually expect up hear purbplayers say we suck.... or expect them to be as alarmist as the average fan.

I’ve seen plenty of improvement from the team this year and think you all need yo get a little perspective.

Elliott’s comments weren’t wrong. We would have beat most teams with the amount of possession we had last night....we built pressure and god done things very well.

I don’t see why everyone is howling Elliott either. Our biggest problems at the moment are backs not supporting our forwards up the middle, Moyes bring too indecisive at dummy half...and last night you can add Foran being too passive and leaving too much to his junior halves partner...who tried his star off all night.

In any case Wlliott has been good the last few weeks and the criticism he’s copping is daft.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our attack looked a lot slicker with Frawley... but he lets in too many tries.

Hahahahaha we’ve gone too far the other way now
100%. I'm no Frawley fan but i said at the time it was a terrible call to drop him just 2 weeks in. All we heard all off season was how well he worked with Foran and he was going to be the 6, yet Pay drops him just 2 weeks in? Terrible call from Pay to drop him so early.

Frawley defensively wasn't great but neither was the rest of the team at the time. Frawley only missed 2 tackles in his 2 games but was unfortunately responsible for 2 tries. I think defensively he would have improved each game just like the rest of the team.

But yh in attack we were infinitely much better off. The biggest thing was the chemistry between Frawley, Foran and Moses was pretty decent compared to what we have now. All 3 of those players looked to link up well and had some sort of understanding of where eachother was on the field and could alternate between 1st/2nd/3rd receiver without much trouble.

Yes Frawley did some shit things but he done some very good things inbetween that and offered some support for Foran. From his 2 games he had 3 try involvements with 2 try assists and 1 try. He also managed 2 line breaks and 1 line break assist.

Pay should have stuck with him, but he's probably killed his confidence after dumping him so early.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Where's the patience? Well when your team has 50+ tackles in the opposition 20 and fails to score a single point then we as fans absolutely have the right to rip into them and the coach. What we saw last night was absolutely pathetic.
All you do is whinge mate. The team is showing improvement and some of you expect it all to happen overnight.

We’re getting better at building pressure.... our d is improving each week...and all done can do is find things to be negative about.
It’s fucking drpressing. We’ve improved on areas in which many people have been calling for improvement....and people just find new things to gonplain about.

The glass is half empty perspective is just over the top and depressing.

You’re all entitled to yourhiews but if watchingthw te makes you do miserable, I honestly don’t know why you bother.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What worried me was that everyone could see that the rooster's wingers were rushing off their line and our playmakers didn't kick over the top to our wingers, seems like Pay didn't talk about it at the break either :/
Also because pay doesnt do video

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All you do is whinge mate. The team is showing improvement and some of you expect it all to happen overnight.

We’re getting better at building pressure.... our d is improving each week...and all done can do is find things to be negative about.
It’s fucking drpressing. We’ve improved on areas in which many people have been calling for improvement....and people just find new things to gonplain about.

The glass is half empty perspective is just over the top and depressing.

You’re all entitled to yourhiews but if watchingthw te makes you do miserable, I honestly don’t know why you bother.
50+ tackles in their 20 and not a single point. That's pathetic.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
“We had a game plan and we stuck with it...”

Now I’m no Einstein, but if your shit isn’t working for 40 or 60 minutes or so, wouldn’t you ditch your game plan and try something new?
Because we were only 6 behind not 60. One try out of nothing like the one try they scored and its all square. Had we done that we would've scored 2 or 3 more.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s probably right....and he has at no point said our attack can’t improve. So what’s so ignorant about what he said?
Elliott thinks our attack is fine

JJ said it needs to improve

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how is he in the team I’d be throwing Martin into the team. He’s a great player and can kick a goal. Elliot offers nothing

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clueless. Yes the Roosters defended well, but we often looked lost on the 5th and were just making it up as we went along. We only ever looked dangerous when Mbye or Morris almost made line breaks, but we were always just roped in.
Not just 5th tackle option, 1,2,3,4 were pretty pedestrian one out running. Hard to watch even harder to swallow is the shit talk from both Pay & Elliott.
If Pay was honest last night he should have described that performance as embarrassing & inept to a man....
Morris boys, RFM, Woods Klemmer worthy of s mention.
Looked like someone dropped a Valium into Hopoate’s Gatorade yesterday- absolute lacklustre performance.
In all honesty a full audit needs to be completed by June 30, playing roster,coaching & development staff...
tough & hard decisions & a 3 year plan needs implementing now!!!!!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We played a good game, just unlucky to get a hot roosters team on night. They were desperate, simple as that. If we got one lazy player from them tonight we win easy, yet they were all very willing. You don't get that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.